Little Help Please about R4

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by mayfly, Dec 29, 2009.

Dec 29, 2009

Little Help Please about R4 by mayfly at 11:08 AM (993 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. mayfly
    OP

Newcomer mayfly Member

United States
    Hi,
    Looking through the forums it seems when I got my flash cart quite a while back now I definately got one I Shouldnt have. Cut a long story short. I got the 'r4hd 8 gig' from www.mymemory.com which now I know is a fake / clone card and hence might be why I have trouble with it. The Micro SDreader constantly cuts out and back in when transferring files making this a painful process to set up large / many files at one time. I have also noticed slow down on a couple of games and odd behavoir when I tried to organise my folders;(now everything is in the root =(
    Also I've never been able to get moonshell working without any errors. Pretty lame cart really.

My question is does anyone know if there is a firmwawre / setup out there that I can use to try and help fix these issues as otherwise I feel I'll hav to throw this away and get a new cart. I've noticed it looks like fake r4 cannot run the YSMenu setup? I'm not sure what this is but it seems to be good.

Also what recommendations is there for fast / reliable flash carts? I am using a DS Lite by the way.
    Cheers for any help

2. twiztidsinz

Member twiztidsinz Taiju Yamada Fan

United States
    I say cut your losses and get an AceKard2i.
    They're cheap and work well and are updated.

I'm tempted to get one myself after the christmas shipping rush is over.

3. outgum

Member outgum Pokemanz Master

New Zealand
    Same opinion as twizt, Get a Acekard, There good realiable carts and you shouldnt have too much trouble with them, but i dont think your r4 is YSMenu Compatible, although, i could be mistaken

Ive never actually heard of a "r4hd 8 gig" or do you mean... a R4 SDHC with a 8 GB SD card?

4. astrangeone

Member astrangeone GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada
    It's definitely a clone card. YSmenu won't work with it. Cut and run - grab an Acekard 2i - it's a reliable card, and you can use a better firmware with it.

5. hundshamer

Member hundshamer GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Is there a website on the card?

6. mayfly
    OP

Newcomer mayfly Member

United States
    Its a r4 hdsc with a kingston 8gig micro sd card. from www.mymemory.co.uk
    It seems final then, I shall start looking for the Acekard card =)
    A last note, does the Acekard2 run games fine and the touch screen properly? My current clone has some slowdown issues (well only with GTA really) and also on FPS the touch screen isnt as smooth as the origionals. Makes aiming accuratly a bit annoying. Cheers for all the info ppl.

7. lolzed

Member lolzed The GBAtemp Pichu

Philippines
    Acekard beats the crap out of your clone,you'll die once you see what it does with AKAIO