List of games that can be 'spectated'?

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by Blaze163, Jun 26, 2012.

1. Blaze163
    OP

Blaze163 The White Phoenix's purifying flame.

Nov 19, 2008
    Coventry, UK
    Lali ho!

I need a little more help here, guys. I need a list of games where the creator of the match can observe other players, kicking them if necessary, while remaining a 'ghost' if you will. Example, in COD MW3 you can simply observe matches rather than participating. What games support this feature or something that would serve a similar purpose that are available on PS3 and/or Xbox 360 that are fairly popular? If you can help me with this I'll be eternally grateful. It's a HUGE part of my job to find this info so literally ANYTHING you can tell me should be useful.

2. Gahars

Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

Aug 5, 2011
    United States
    New Jersey
    You can spectate in Left 4 Dead if I remember correctly (I might be completely wrong on that). Some fighting games (like Street Fighter IV) also have something like this. Otherwise, though, nothing much comes to mind; developers probably don't consider it as a priority feature that has to be implemented.

3. DoubleeDee

DoubleeDee GBAtemp Regular

Jun 11, 2012
    England, London, Hackney.
    Naruto Storm Generations ?
    Tekken 6 ?

4. emigre

emigre Has complex motives

Jan 28, 2009
    London
    [​IMG]

Cus it's a movie innit.

1 person likes this.
  5. DS1

DS1 伝説の雀士

Feb 18, 2009
    United States
    Yes!
    Marvel VS Capcom 3, for sure.

6. Taleweaver

Taleweaver Storywriter

Dec 23, 2009
    Belgium
    Belgium
    I honestly thought just about any head-to-head FPS game on a PC had some sort of spectating mode. I mean...as an administrator, how else are you going to make sure no hacker will be ruining the fun for a good dozen or so players who want a fair game?

UT and UT2004 have it for sure (the latter even allows you to watch through their eyes while they're playing). I'm pretty sure quake 3 has it as well (I remember reading someone first finding out about aimbots because of ridiculous twitch aiming, watched in first person).

Games like starcraft 2 obviously allow spectators, though I don't know if they can actually kick someone.

7. koimayeul

koimayeul GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 2, 2009
    France
    France
    Quite positive you can do that in Killing Floor game too.

8. lufere7

lufere7 GBAtemp Fan

Jul 29, 2010
    Mexico
    Sonora
    Team Fortress 2 has spectating mode and it's popular. Although I heard the console versions suck so I don't know if it fits your criteria.