Hacking List of all Gateway questions (9.2.0-20)

Kay|s7eR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
BigBlueMenu.3ds always crashes my N3DS and leaves me with one of these "Please power off your device"-messages.

I found this thread:
http://www.logic-sunrise.com/forums/topic/66628-lancer-big-blue-menu-impossible/

but I don't speak French at all.

3dserrorfail.jpg

This is what the message should look like in English.
He said his problem came from his 128GB SD card because it was too big. He formatted a 90GB partition and then it worked.
This kind of error message is sometimes related to SD card, so I would suggest formatting your SD card with SD Formatter (with FORMAT SIZE ADJUSTMENT set to ON).

Reactions: Liberty

Liberty

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
He said his problem came from his 128GB SD card because it was too big. He formatted a 90GB partition and then it worked.
This kind of error message is sometimes related to SD card, so I would suggest formatting your SD card with SD Formatter (with FORMAT SIZE ADJUSTMENT set to ON).
I fixed my problem :https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-transfer-emunand-to-another-sd-card-working-on-new3ds.383684/

New question:
Is converting Card1- to Card2-games safe or will it introduce issues?

crisash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I have problems with smash bros, this stuck on boot with black screen.
emunand 9.5, gateway firmware 3.1.1, normal 3ds.
some time has passed from last time I played, no issues with omega firmware, and now after update to 3.1.1 and update emunand to 9.5, this game not work anymore. I downgrade to emunand 9.2 but no luck.
somebody have the same issue?
I will try to change the launcher.

zhdarkstar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if this is has been asked, and I don't feel like sifting through 30+ pages to find the answer. After getting the OoT save loaded onto the retail cart and verifying that it works to load GW mode, could I go back and play OoT in either of the other two save slots without affecting the ability to load GW mode via save slot #1? If not, I don't mind throwing OoT on my red card or installing via .cia to play in GW mode. However, it would be nice to know if I can use the same OoT retail card to actually play the game as well as an exploit entrypoint.

Enriko

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello everyone !

I apologize if this had already been answered.

I installed gateway Ultra on my 9.2 3ds, my 3ds retail games work perfectly in classic mode, but i'm not sure about my DS retail games, should i use them in classic mode too?

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DS games can be run only on sysNAND, for now.
They only run in sysnand because of that ds exploit to load up gateway right? If the cubic ninja exploit comes out on original 3ds and you use that instead of the ds exploit to load up gateway would that make a difference in loading up ds games in classic/emunand mode since there would be no more use of the exploit to break ds games?

Doran754

Conform comrades
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I guess were never getting GBA support with all the developments in the months since they announced they'd be looking into it.

Spaqin

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
They only run in sysnand because of that ds exploit to load up gateway right? If the cubic ninja exploit comes out on original 3ds and you use that instead of the ds exploit to load up gateway would that make a difference in loading up ds games in classic/emunand mode since there would be no more use of the exploit to break ds games?
No.
Something else is broken in emuNAND (I'm not knowledgable enough to tell you what exactly, and frankly, you possibly don't really care), as DS games do not work on emuNAND launched by browser exploit.

Reactions: cvskid

20mark

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
how can i use my remaining days of pokebank in emunand? i have to just reinsert my NNid credentials in emunand, download pokebank and im done?
thank you

Greatforce

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've installed Flashcardtimewarp.cia and i can now use the blue card again. However, does that mean i can also install the DS exploit? If so, there is absolutely no reason to downgrade? (Currently on 9.0.22E)

esmith13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've installed Flashcardtimewarp.cia and i can now use the blue card again. However, does that mean i can also install the DS exploit? If so, there is absolutely no reason to downgrade? (Currently on 9.0.22E)

No. That exploit was patched in an earlier system version. Patching the exploit and blocking DS flash carts are two separate things. Even though you undid the flashcart block it doesn't fix the more important half that allows the DS profiles to be exploited.

Greatforce

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Aw, bugger. Thanks

Another question :

My brother and I share the 3ds, but most DS games (old, so no 3ds games) have only 1 save. Would it be possible to make a folder on the MicroSD, copy the game in there, so i got 1 on the root, and one in a folder, and have seperate saves?

AngelOfDeathEC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Fiji
Hello everyone, just a question about downgrading.... i'm on Sysnand 9.2 old3dsXL, should i create emunand from 9.2 and then downgrade sysnand to 4.2 OR should i first downgrade sysnand 9.2 to 4.2 and then create emunand from there? or to never downgrade? whats the best option and benefits?
Thanks and sorry for my english.

GizmoTheGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
so will emunand work on a NEW 3DS fw 9.2 with cubic ninja exploit? no gateway cart needed?

I just want a 9.5 emunand so I can access the eshop and nintendo zone (so I can get shiny rayquaza code for my omega ruby)

2Hack

HYPiavelli
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Canada
Aw, bugger. Thanks

Another question :

My brother and I share the 3ds, but most DS games (old, so no 3ds games) have only 1 save. Would it be possible to make a folder on the MicroSD, copy the game in there, so i got 1 on the root, and one in a folder, and have seperate saves?
You would need to manually copy it back to the root every time you switch playing.

Hello everyone, just a question about downgrading.... i'm on Sysnand 9.2 old3dsXL, should i create emunand from 9.2 and then downgrade sysnand to 4.2 OR should i first downgrade sysnand 9.2 to 4.2 and then create emunand from there? or to never downgrade? whats the best option and benefits?
Thanks and sorry for my english.

I would create emuNAND first. That should preserve your saves.

Worst case scenario, it doesn't work, and you gotta format your SD card.
so will emunand work on a NEW 3DS fw 9.2 with cubic ninja exploit? no gateway cart needed?

I just want a 9.5 emunand so I can access the eshop and nintendo zone (so I can get shiny rayquaza code for my omega ruby)
No. You gotta pay to get the benefits. There is no good way around this atm

elm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone please shed some light on what to do next. I have a "New" 3ds xl (Firmware 9.0 US) + Cubic Ninja. I followed all the steps on GW website and I got to where you ---> Select “QR Code” I was lost after that. I did select the GW mode and put in the red card (ROMS) and all the games looked crappy and NOT in 3D. So any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Doran754

Conform comrades
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Can someone please shed some light on what to do next. I have a "New" 3ds xl (Firmware 9.0 US) + Cubic Ninja. I followed all the steps on GW website and I got to where you ---> Select “QR Code” I was lost after that. I did select the GW mode and put in the red card (ROMS) and all the games looked crappy and NOT in 3D. So any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

So what's the issue? You've managed to get the roms working right but they look crappy and the 3D isn't working? I think thats your issue. Closing the lid and reopening it fixes the 3D bug if thats the issue. Other than that I don't know, I can't help with games looking crappy. I think they look good personally. Play on an amstrad then say that look crap haha

upfromtheskies

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a few questions...

Can sysnand be backed up anytime, or does it have to be done before formating emunand? I formated emunad first, and then noticed in the gateway set up guide it says sysnand is supposed to be backed up beforehand.

Is there anyway to play DS roms with Gateway on the N3DS? I have both red and blue gateway carts.

What's classic mode?

Will we eventually be able to boot to gateway without swapping carts on n3ds, and we're waiting for the gateway team to write the code to do so? Or is it currently impossible, and would require a new exploit?

Is it possible to make back up roms of retail carts with gateway on n3ds? Or do you need o3ds with 4.5? I'm asking because when I attempt to back up, I get error messages, so I'm not sure if something is wrong with my cart.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lmao +1