Hacking List of all Gateway questions (9.2.0-20)

Codify

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Q) Should I update to the latest version now?
A:
-If you are below version 4.x, then update to version 4.x,
-If you are at version 4.5-version 9.2, then stay there as you already can use this exploit.
- If you are at 9.3++, you can only pray hard for now since the exploit is probably already blocked at that version. :(
Why not update to 9.2? I have a 4.5 3DS that I have never updated because I heard it could block Gateway - I haven't been keeping up with the news. If Gateway now supports up to 9.2 then why is the advice not to update? (apart from losing existing savegames).

Tjessx

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Why not update to 9.2? I have a 4.5 3DS that I have never updated because I heard it could block Gateway - I haven't been keeping up with the news. If Gateway now supports up to 9.2 then why is the advice not to update? (apart from losing existing savegames).

You won't lose save games, but if you update, you go to 9.5 and can't use gateway anymore,
if you update using a game, you will keep the ability to use gateway, but you will need internet connection to boot into your launcher.dat or do anything else with gateway, and that kinda sucks, i downgraded to 4.5, just so i didn't needed the internet connection

Reactions: cvskid and Codify

NicEXE

Trophies
XP
Country
Cyprus
I have an original 3DS on 4.3. I have a gw card and emunand on 9.5.
My concern is with MH4U.
I plan on getting the cartridge version of MH4U. How can I transfer my save that I am using for the 3ds rom I pirated to the cartridge and being able to play on classic mode (or on an unmodded 3ds)?

tapetheescape

Trophies
XP
Country
New to the forum and this is probably answered elsewhere but I'm struggling to find the answer through search.

I have a 3DS on 2.2 - what is the best course of action for me? Should I update to 4.5 or 9.2?

Also, what is the easiest way to update - will I need a retail cart? I've seen the site that posts what firmware is on what cart so when I know the answer, ill go eBaying for a cart.

Thanks in advance, this place is an epic source of info.

Liberty

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello there,

yesterday I faced a very annoying problem and I'm quite sure I just have to live with it.

When I first got my Gateway card, I dumped my Pokémon ORAS-copy and grabbed the CIA-update via title manage. I don't even have any non-legit stuff installed, but my eShop-games/saves transfered over just fine when I formatted emuNAND, so I didn't want to mess around with the eShop.

So yesterday I dumped the rest of my games and grabbed the CIA-updates as well.

I installed them using the "Install all CIA-files"-option (Press three buttons, L+R+A or something like that).

After the process finished, I booted up Pokémon ORAS (*.3DZ) and it told me my savegames was corrupted. So I started another game and my savegame was corrupted as well.

May anyone tell me what the hell did happen here?

Maybe using the "Install all CIA-files" re-installed the Pokémon-ORAS-update and somehow messed with the game? Usually you get a message like: "Update already installed. Process aborted." when you try to install an update twice.

Anyone has an idea? I'm pretty sure I can't restore these savegames, but I want to know what exactly caused this issue, so I can prevent it from happening again.

Tjessx

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
New to the forum and this is probably answered elsewhere but I'm struggling to find the answer through search.

I have a 3DS on 2.2 - what is the best course of action for me? Should I update to 4.5 or 9.2?

Also, what is the easiest way to update - will I need a retail cart? I've seen the site that posts what firmware is on what cart so when I know the answer, ill go eBaying for a cart.

Thanks in advance, this place is an epic source of info.

You'll need a game card to update, any game card from 4.0 will do the job.
Just put them in your 3DS, start the game, it will ask to update your 3DS make sure that your 3DS' internet is turned off, and that you don't have downloaded an update from the internet already, cause there is a chance this will install with it.

Swing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I downgraded my 3DS to 4.5 and was able to run the profile exploit on it but it doesn't work anymore? Scared me when I was too far from my wifi and realized I would be screwed from playing my games again if the apocalypse arrived.

Tjessx

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I downgraded my 3DS to 4.5 and was able to run the profile exploit on it but it doesn't work anymore? Scared me when I was too far from my wifi and realized I would be screwed from playing my games again if the apocalypse arrived.

Run the profile exploit again, and put the launcher.dat again on the SD card,
If you play a ds game the profile exploit resets, and then you have to run it again.
(run ds games in classic mode to avoid this problem).

Tjessx

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I'm on the edge of buying a 3DS XL version 7.2.0-17E, will it be able to start the webbrowser and launch gateway?

Giangsta

Trophies
XP
Country
I apologize if this has already been answered.

Does the 3ds need to be on a wifi constantly while Gateway is in use?

Is it possible to use the Android 3ds Xloader app to start the server, boot into gateway mode, launch game and immediately switch off the X loader app?

stussy1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I apologize if this has already been answered.

Does the 3ds need to be on a wifi constantly while Gateway is in use?

Is it possible to use the Android 3ds Xloader app to start the server, boot into gateway mode, launch game and immediately switch off the X loader app?

If your on 9.2 why not just downgrade to 4.5 and you
Won't need to have WiFi on anymore just use gateway
Downgrade considering your on 9.2

Giangsta

Trophies
XP
Country
If your on 9.2 why not just downgrade to 4.5 and you
Won't need to have WiFi on anymore just use gateway
Downgrade considering your on 9.2

Yeah i was considering downgrading, my only concern was my save files for all the games i got from the eshop.
I don't have many retail cartridges so that won't matter as much.

Liberty

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I apologize if this has already been answered. Does the 3ds need to be on a wifi constantly while Gateway is in use? Is it possible to use the Android 3ds Xloader app to start the server, boot into gateway mode, launch game and immediately switch off the X loader app?
No, your 3DS doesn't need to be on WiFi constantly. Why should it? You can launch the exploit using the Xloader app, Go! Gateway or my tutorial (If these apps don't work!) and turn off WiFi as soon as EmuNAND is running.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/shdHKa4iBbE?si=Vnb_FMMV54y2aarW lol Mario give me cancer