Hacking List of all Gateway questions (9.2.0-20)

theangelicdaemon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope this is the place to post these, but I just got a system with the correct firmware version, and tried plugging in the blue card with the files on it and it just comes up with an error on my 3DS. The only thing I can think of that might be the issue is... does anyone know if there's a size limit on the MicroSD card that can be used? I've got a 16gb MicroSD HC and I wonder if that's the problem, but I don't have a smaller card to test it.

tHciNc

Total Random
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Most likely. They say they are releasing the exploit to all versions from 7.x to 9.2

Actually, the team stated, that they had already implemented 7.x to 9.2, and are adding support for lower firmwares still, the final release will add the user base with Systems over 4.5 up to 9.2

2Hack

HYPiavelli
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Canada
Actually, the team stated, that they had already implemented 7.x to 9.2, and are adding support for lower firmwares still, the final release will add the user base with Systems over 4.5 up to 9.2
That's all implications. You don't know that. I just said what was for sure. You can't just extrapolate on something and take it as fact.
Not trying to sound rude, and if it came across as thst, sorry, I haven't in top form lately :)

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks, it finally updated albeit very slowly but I got everything to work. I have had the internal memory card (4gb) in the 3ds since I bought it. Is it ok to upgrade to a larger card even though I used the 4gb one to update emunand & have data/etc on it? If so, how big of a card can the 3ds accept/use internally? would micro sdhc adapters work or would it be safer to use regular sd size cards if I can upgrade the internal memory. thx

Well, you would need to format EmuNAND on the new card first. I would use EmuNAND Tool to backup the one on the 4 GB, then inject it on the new card after formatting, since you've seen how long an online update can take. According to the manual up to 32 GB is supported, which is what I'm using.

Reactions: Marcus McFry

doesntmatterz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Am I wasting my time?

I was wondering about game saves with a Gateway card. Right now I am running a save file on a legit copy of Fire Emblem Awakening. When I get my Gateway card and run a "different" version of Fire Emblem Awakening with added DLC will I be able to import my save file from my legit version of the game? I am just curious if I am wasting time playing the game only to know I will have to forfeit my save data. Thanks in advance to anyone that clears this up for me.

2Hack

HYPiavelli
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Canada
Am I wasting my time?

I was wondering about game saves with a Gateway card. Right now I am running a save file on a legit copy of Fire Emblem Awakening. When I get my Gateway card and run a "different" version of Fire Emblem Awakening with added DLC will I be able to import my save file from my legit version of the game? I am just curious if I am wasting time playing the game only to know I will have to forfeit my save data. Thanks in advance to anyone that clears this up for me.
I think a better thing to do is to download the DLC file as cia and install it separately to the game, and play your legit game like that.
I think you could also extract and inject your save file to your new copy, but that sounds much more annoying imo.
can one update gateway firmware even if their 3ds isnt on exploitable fw ver?

If you have below 9.2 you can update it and play it once the new update comes out without any thing other than an SD card, mSD card, your console, your computer (obv.) And your GW cart.

Reactions: Margen67

doesntmatterz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think a better thing to do is to download the DLC file as cia and install it separately to the game, and play your legit game like that.
I think you could also extract and inject your save file to your new copy, but that sounds much more annoying imo.

If you have below 9.2 you can update it and play it once the new update comes out without any thing other than an SD card, mSD card, your console, your computer (obv.) And your GW cart.

Thanks for the reply, my console is on 9.2 so I cannot further update. So what your technically saying is that I can download the .CIA file and place it somewhere (on a microSD from the gateway card I presume) and "somehow" the legit game will find the DLC file and install it? Or is this where EMUNAND comes in to assist in this matter?

2Hack

HYPiavelli
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for the reply, my console is on 9.2 so I cannot further update. So what your technically saying is that I can download the .CIA file and place it somewhere (on a microSD from the gateway card I presume) and "somehow" the legit game will find the DLC file and install it? Or is this where EMUNAND comes in to assist in this matter?
No, what you need is wither devmenu or big blue menu, to install cia files. .cia files are anything e-shop wise. For example, you can convert .3ds games to .cia to install them straight to the home menu for faster load times, and to avoid the need for header injections (done to avoid online bans), ect.

So you can d/l .cia files of DLC and 3dsware, and VC titles ect, and install them via Dev menu or Big blue menu. It will recognize the DLC in game once it is installed. Only issue is that if you go to the data management in sysNAND, it will delete all manually installed .cia files, and only keep the legit ones.
I'd link you to some tuts, but I'm on mobile. They shouldn't be hard to find on Google though.

If you are familiar with wii hacking, it is the equivalent of installing .wad files in order to run unsigned vc/wiiware/homebrew loaders ect.

nosignaldetected

Trophies
XP
Country
can new AUS nintendo 3ds play us/eu gamecard ?

The australian New 3DS is essentially a european 3DS. It runs on european firmware, is rated by the german electronics board, and is fully compatible with UK/european accounts, games and regions.

it is not compatible with USA or Japan software

theangelicdaemon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I seriously can't tell from any of these posts or topics... has anyone on this site actually used the Gateway card with the Omega 2.7 files on a DS with it's firmware higher between 7.0 and 9.2? Because I'm having a hell of a time with 8.1.0-19U getting anything but an error message when I try to run the blue card to install the gateway files, and there doesn't seem to be much help online for anything outside of the firmware versions 4.0-4.5.

Shady Guy Jose

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I seriously can't tell from any of these posts or topics... has anyone on this site actually used the Gateway card with the Omega 2.7 files on a DS with it's firmware higher between 7.0 and 9.2? Because I'm having a hell of a time with 8.1.0-19U getting anything but an error message when I try to run the blue card to install the gateway files, and there doesn't seem to be much help online for anything outside of the firmware versions 4.0-4.5.

The 2.7 update has nothing to do with the new firmware support. That's not out yet. It's simply a 9.4 emuNAND update for people with 4.0-4.5 versions

theangelicdaemon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Annnnnnd... I feel like a moron, but thanks a TON Jose :) Though that brings me to another question, this thread, and the posts on Gateways site are saying that they -are- releasing an update soon(ish) that will support higher firmware versions using their current cards? Or is it all going completely over my head and this is all that emuNAND stuff and has zero to do with the actual firmware on the DS? I'm sorry for the noob questions, just want to figure out how hard I jumped the gun x.x

Shady Guy Jose

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Annnnnnd... I feel like a moron, but thanks a TON Jose :) Though that brings me to another question, this thread, and the posts on Gateways site are saying that they -are- releasing an update soon(ish) that will support higher firmware versions using their current cards? Or is it all going completely over my head and this is all that emuNAND stuff and has zero to do with the actual firmware on the DS? I'm sorry for the noob questions, just want to figure out how hard I jumped the gun x.x

Yes, they ARE releasing a new update for native support of firmwares up to 9.2.0 using the current card (the red one, the blue one will be useless, even for old DS games, since it doesn't support anything close to 9.2, it doesn't seem to be updateable, and the new exploit probably has nothing to do with the DS mode like the 4.0-4.5 one).

Reactions: Margen67

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/Gy3BOmvLf2w?list=OLAK5uy_k27izUIERfT-RIE1qN1CHIOIkW4h5A9BY Play this song if...