anyone have any ideas for this space
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
To be fair, the hard copy runs for 10-12 dollars average. 6-9 dollars is STILL cheaper than buying the real thing.
True it is cheaper than item than the limited supply physical item. However compare the price of vc games 3dsware/dsiware etc. If gbc games follow suit with gb games they will either be 500/600 points or 600/700 points. Compared to the current 3dsware prices of 500/600 it seems high.
But my main point is why do they vary in price when there is no reason.

Arnold Schwarzen

Trophies
Website
gov.ca.gov
XP
Country
United States
I've gotten pretty engrossed in Link's Awakening DX ever since I've bought it on the eStore. I used to play the original GB one when I borrowed it as a kid. I was young then and had no clue how to play the game. Later on I remember playing the DX version but not a whole lot of it. Pretty addictive stuff.

If I really enjoy Link's Awakening how do you guys think I'll enjoy Ocarina of Time (have never played)? I am a Zelda noob but played a little bit of the older stuff here and there. Regardless, game looks great and I'll eventually pick it up.

MADKATZ99

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I remember playing Link Awakening DX as a kid and not knowing what to do too. It came in a 3 pack from Kmart which included quest for camelot and Conkers pocket tails. I couldn't even work out how to get past the crazy racoon(?) at the start lol. It was fine once someone told me about walkthroughs though. Then I took it to a party and one of my friends lost it... I couldn't find another copy anywhere. When I found out one of my friends had it, it was the best day of my life lol. Think I bought it off him for about $70 bucks or so, so only $6 is a bargain lol.

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
heartgold said:
Assax said:
heartgold said:
Is this game in 3D or not? It's really pricey.

Unfortunately it is not.

That's unfortunate, really who would pay such a high price?

What about Super mario? I'm guessing no as it's in the VC group.
Bro, you got flashcart?
Just get the rom instead lol. Its not worth the price
frown.gif

If it was a hard copy, I would totally go for it but digital and that price
unsure.gif

Super Mario isnt 3D either, probably.

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Tanveer said:
Bro, you got flashcart?
Just get the rom instead lol. Its not worth the price
frown.gif

If it was a hard copy, I would totally go for it but digital and that price
unsure.gif

Super Mario isnt 3D either, probably.

Ye I do lol obviously

I just wondered if the games were actually in 3D, they could have been worth buying for once meh

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Bro, I am dissapointed with the 3D-ness of normal 3DS games and you expect 3D in VC
tongue.gif
!

At first I got hyped and wanted to get Link's Awakening, but meh.. its not worth the price -.-
Will just play on my supercard two
tongue.gif

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Tanveer said:
Bro, I am dissapointed with the 3D-ness of normal 3DS games and you expect 3D in VC
tongue.gif
!

At first I got hyped and wanted to get Link's Awakening, but meh.. its not worth the price -.-
Will just play on my supercard two
tongue.gif

Really? Samurai warriors had incredible 3D effetcs but street fighter was shitty. lol

Yeah I stopped playing zelda coz I heard there would be 3D release, guess I need to get back to playing. lol

D

Deleted User

jpxdude said:
There is a pseudo 3D effect if you hold Start or Select before playing the game. You get the game at it's original resolution, and a 3D outlay of a gameboy color. It looks quite nice!
I've seen this effect on Super Mario Land and it's really great. Has a nice nostalgic feel to it, I hate that you can't switch the resolution while you're in the game though.

D

Deleted-236924

purplesludge said:
QUOTE said:
To be fair, the hard copy runs for 10-12 dollars average. 6-9 dollars is STILL cheaper than buying the real thing.
True it is cheaper than item than the limited supply physical item. However compare the price of vc games 3dsware/dsiware etc. If gbc games follow suit with gb games they will either be 500/600 points or 600/700 points. Compared to the current 3dsware prices of 500/600 it seems high.
But my main point is why do they vary in price when there is no reason.
You're forgetting one thing.

The system is aimed towards younger people who probably have no way of playing a retail GBC cart.
Even if they did buy a retail cart, they'd have to buy an original Gameboy, a Gameboy Color or a Gameboy Advance to play it.

Who would want to spend money on those when you can simply buy it on the eShop for a lower price? Much less of a hassle.
(Not counting piracy in this, because if Nintendo thought piracy was too much of a threat, they wouldn't have released the game at all.)

purplesludge

anyone have any ideas for this space
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
But there are so many ways to play the game for free. You can't ignore free even if it's hard to compete with. I'm only saying 600 is too much compared to other stuff. It is currently more than almost all 3dsware on the Japanese eshop. 500 isn't much better but think about this if you wan't to get 2 things you have to spend $20 to do that. If 500 was the max on the classics that would allow people to buy 2. There is also the ability to add $5 in credit which would be the ability to buy one game. The pricing forces people to get extra points. Also think how many gb/gbc are high quality high content games. The classics would have been a great way to compete with appstore/marketplace if they had priced them competitively with those. Also $6 is a psone classic game which I think really shows how Nintendo is overpricing the games.

D

Deleted-236924

purplesludge said:
But there are so many ways to play the game for free. You can't ignore free even if it's hard to compete with. I'm only saying 600 is too much compared to other stuff. It is currently more than almost all 3dsware on the Japanese eshop. 500 isn't much better but think about this if you wan't to get 2 things you have to spend $20 to do that. If 500 was the max on the classics that would allow people to buy 2. There is also the ability to add $5 in credit which would be the ability to buy one game. The pricing forces people to get extra points. Also think how many gb/gbc are high quality high content games. The classics would have been a great way to compete with appstore/marketplace if they had priced them competitively with those. Also $6 is a psone classic game which I think really shows how Nintendo is overpricing the games.
Implying we have to resort to piracy whenever we can.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I can put like 90 songs on a CD lol