Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Pong20302000 said:
actually they have added more colour to the game and added a secret dungeon
happy.gif

lolz that is exactly what legend of zelda dx is, it's just a enhanced of the original on the old gameboy, nintendo have added nothing new to the 3ds port, and whoever pays £5 for a old gameboy title is ripping themselves off, i have all original zelda games so i have no reason to buy the same game again, it's just a waste of money.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
boombox said:
Me neither..i'd rather get out my GBA versions and play them on my Lite!
Screw this.

yeah goomba on the gba allows you to play old gameboy games without paying for it again, also there is Lameboy that allows you to play old gameboy games on the ds without the need for gba so if you have a supercard dstwo you are pretty much sorted on your 3ds.

JoyConG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The game boy games do get minor 3D.. emulating a "looking into the screen" effect if you put the border on.

..And save states.

These games are worth the tags really, and Nintendo is really against devaluing software. I paid alot for these before so I don't mind a few bucks to have Link's awakening again

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
Nintendude92 said:
The game boy games do get minor 3D.. emulating a "looking into the screen" effect if you put the border on.

..And save states.

These games are worth the tags really, and Nintendo is really against devaluing software. I paid alot for these before so I don't mind a few bucks to have Link's awakening again

yeah cmon guys

we shouldnt always just pirate or replay

if you show the old games which are loved maybe they will make more like them

honestly Links Awakening and A Link to the Past where quite the challenge, maybe because i was young but they seem to be much larger games than the newer ones

D

Deleted-236924

Besides, who cares that you still have a GBC cart of Link's Awakening DX?
I'm pretty sure that the everyday kid that just got a 3DS and doesn't even know what a Gameboy Color is doesn't have a GBC cart of Link's Awakening DX.

Schizoanalysis

From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pingouin7 said:
I'm pretty sure that the everyday kid that just got a 3DS and doesn't even know what a Gameboy Color is doesn't have a GBC cart of Link's Awakening DX.

Others have one too, it is not just him.

I also have one that I purchased 15 odd years ago. Besides, if it effects resale value, the original owners are (in my opinion) justified to get a bit antsy.

D

Deleted-236924

Schizoanalysis said:
Pingouin7 said:

I also have one that I purchased 15 odd years ago. Besides, if it effects resale value, the original owners are (in my opinion) justified to get a bit antsy.
Read my example above.
My point was that Nintendo doesn't care if some people who have been Nintendo followers for ages still have a Gameboy Color cart.
Their main demography probably doesn't even know what a Gameboy Color is.

Schizoanalysis

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pingouin7 said:
Schizoanalysis said:
Pingouin7 said:

Read my example above.
My point was that Nintendo doesn't care if some people who have been Nintendo followers for ages still have a Gameboy Color cart.

Read my justification above.

Noob kids on the street may win out, but the owners of the originals will lose out.

D

Deleted-236924

Schizoanalysis said:
Pingouin7 said:
Schizoanalysis said:
Pingouin7 said:

Read my example above.

Noob kids on the street may win out, but the owners of the originals will lose out.
And what is the Owners of the Originals:Noob Kids ratio?

Read my justification above. Their main demography probably doesn't even know what a Gameboy Color is.

And if you didn't own a cart of the original, would you rather buy that one for five bucks or buy the original cart for fifty bucks?

Disturbed1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Schizoanalysis said:
Pingouin7 said:
Schizoanalysis said:
Pingouin7 said:

Read my example above.

I owned both the original LA and the DX version in the past as well, but not everyone holds on to their possessions forever so it's nice to be able to pay a small fee to experience some nostalgia. I realize that the ideal price would be free, but according to your argument, that would just make the hoarders even more upset.

The idea of games should never be to help collectors make money off the rarities that they hoarded, rather for as many people as possible to enjoy them.

Thaddeus_Twain

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a version with the map scroll / select bug that lets you warp. You can basically beat the game without getting the sword.

I got this version because I never got to play in color with the extra dungeon.

Schizoanalysis

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Disturbed1 said:
The idea of games should never be to help collectors make money off the rarities that they hoarded, rather for as many people as possible to enjoy them.

Then games should be free? Then everyone could enjoy them!

You may like to paint me as a "hoarder", but I have sold many games for far more than I paid for them over the years.

It may not be a consideration for you, which is fine, but my rent doesn't pay itself.

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
Thaddeus_Twain said:
I have a version with the map scroll / select bug that lets you warp. You can basically beat the game without getting the sword.

I got this version because I never got to play in color with the extra dungeon.
what does that bug consist in?

and as odd as it may seem, Zelda Links awakening is the kind of game that could make me buy a 3DS
unsure.gif

one of my fave games ever...

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Keva said:
£5.40 ?!?

For a game that they have to do NOTHING to?

God damn it Nintendo.How many emulators have you written?

Slyakin said:
Nope. It's a complete port.No, it's VC.

Schizoanalysis said:
You may like to paint me as a "hoarder", but I have sold many games for far more than I paid for them over the years.

It may not be a consideration for you, which is fine, but my rent doesn't pay itself.Not to say there's anything bad (my older brother makes extra money reselling games and systems he find in pawn shops on ebay), but you are a minority and Nintendo's goals do not take you into consideration, nor can you reasonably expect them to when it's the other side of mass profit from and enjoyment for far more people.

QUOTE(Costello @ Jun 7 2011, 09:18 PM) what does that bug consist in?
The black-white version, and reportedly some early color models, but I haven't seen it on any of those.
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_quer...g+warp&aq=f
Press Select to bring up the map right as you cross boundaries to warp to the opposite side of a screen.

QUOTE(Costello @ Jun 7 2011, 09:18 PM)
and as odd as it may seem, Zelda Links awakening is the kind of game that could make me buy a 3DS
unsure.gif

one of my fave games ever...
Was a childhood game for me, but I wouldn't buy a 3DS just for it.

Disturbed1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Schizoanalysis said:
Disturbed1 said:

It may not be a consideration for you, which is fine, but my rent doesn't pay itself.

The ideal price for games would be free, yes, but since the developers need to cover costs and make a living, that's not going to happen anytime soon.

As for paying the rent, that's usually where a job comes in for most people
mellow.gif

D

Deleted-236924

Schizoanalysis said:
Disturbed1 said:

Then don't buy it?
After all, you already have it on the GBC.
You make it seem like you absolutely have to buy it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay