Limited-time 'Street Fighter: Duel' and 'Devil May Cry 5' collaboration announced

dmc sf.png

For a limited time, Devil May Cry 5's Dante will be a recruitable character in the mobile title Street Fighter: Duel. A new trailer was aired for the announcement:

Recruit Dante for your team and save the city from M. Bison and the Qliphoth’s evil! Street Fighter: Duel is the official Street Fighter RPG mobile game for the casual Street Fighter fan, where you can collect and upgrade a team of recognizable fighters and battle your way through an original story or against friends and powerful opponents around the world.

Dante will be able to step into the ring between 11-24 May and key features of this limited time event include:
  • Unlock the stylish and tenacious Dante, transform into a powerful demon and devastate your foes with massive damage.
  • Master Dante’s unique EX-move “Power Smash” and send the enemy’s front row scurrying behind the backline, adding a new layer of depth to combat.
  • Take on “Devil Invasion” tasks to earn “Demon Soulstones”, then drop by “Nico’s Store” to buy rewards like the “Strongest Demon Hunter” avatar.
  • “The Agency” needs you! Explore the world and earn “Demon Stars”, a demonic currency Nico can utilize to power-up your fighters.
  • Exclusive rewards for new or returning players, including currency to pull and level up new fighters.
:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox

fvig2001

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Just heard of this game... and it's not available in my country. Reviews make it seem the game is an obvious waste of time

Zajumino

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A game made from a Japanese series.....
Made by a company called A+ Japan......
Not available in Japan......
WTF...
Maybe Japanese people have more experience and/or higher standards when it comes to games. They would recognize that this game is a cash grab, and will probably shut down within a year or two anyways.

titan_tim

(Can't shut up)
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Maybe Japanese people have more experience and/or higher standards when it comes to games. They would recognize that this game is a cash grab, and will probably shut down within a year or two anyways.
Japan is pretty well known for their whales (people who spend tons of money on F2P games) carrying these types of games for much longer than they should be popular. There's a game here called Puzzle and Dragons that is STILL one of the top games after so many many years.

Which makes it all the more confusing.

Zajumino

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Japan is pretty well known for their whales (people who spend tons of money on F2P games) carrying these types of games for much longer than they should be popular. There's a game here called Puzzle and Dragons that is STILL one of the top games after so many many years.

Which makes it all the more confusing.
It certainly is odd. Usually we have to wait months or even years for a global release, not the other way around.

One of my guesses is that since the yen is weak right now, they make a lot more than they usually would.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make it available for a limited time and then remove it? That's stupid. No reason why he couldn't be a DLC character.

titan_tim

(Can't shut up)
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
It certainly is odd. Usually we have to wait months or even years for a global release, not the other way around.

One of my guesses is that since the yen is weak right now, they make a lot more than they usually would.
Hmmmm, not sure about that. When I see prices on the Android store, they're usually adapted to take into consideration the exchange rate from the USD.

It could be because the game is connected to Crunchyroll, which isn't here as well. Tencent is the publisher, which shouldn't be a problem.

Zajumino

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make it available for a limited time and then remove it? That's stupid. No reason why he couldn't be a DLC character.
This is common practice for gacha. Depending on the game or event, limited stuff can have reruns every once and a while. For context, these games are basically designed to be played daily, so for a dedicated player

Hmmmm, not sure about that. When I see prices on the Android store, they're usually adapted to take into consideration the exchange rate from the USD.

It could be because the game is connected to Crunchyroll, which isn't here as well. Tencent is the publisher, which shouldn't be a problem.
I asked chatGPT, and one possibility it gave me was that the mobile game rights in Japan may have been licensed to another company, which I guess would make sense.

Reactions: Marc_LFD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto