1. Hells Malice

Hells Malice Are you a bully?

Canada
    That was many word to convey few word

Anyway that's incredibly stupid to just ignore a large chunk of the playerbase for no reason. If Sony paid for exclusivity then eh it is what it is but if they didn't this makes no sense. PC's not being powerful enough would never be a valid excuse.

2. evertonstz

evertonstz GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    Oh yeah, ripping stuff from encrypted games from consoles that weren't even released yet, SIMPLE.
    There's a reason the translation of Catherine Full Body for the Playstation Vita had to be made manually instead of ripping the content from the identical PS4 game.

3. Silent_Gunner

Silent_Gunner Lost Wanderer Who Sees No Evil

United States
    People did that with the PS2 textures of Half-Life 1; they got it from the disc, and simply put everything into the PC version.

4. Meepers55

Meepers55 Flintstones Regular

United States
    They specifically stated that there are no plans to put it on PC "at present." That means there's still hope for PC players.

Silent_Gunner likes this.
  5. Edgarska

Edgarska Conjurer of cheap tricks

United States
    Translation: it's already finished, we're just waiting for the initial console sales to announce it.

6. evertonstz

Brazil
    And people chipped PS2 consoles and OG Xboxes to play backups since almost day one. What's your point?
    Just because people were able to decrypt games back in the day doesn't mean they'll be able to it nowadays, again: there's a reason someone spent hundreds of hours translating Catherine instead of dumping the translation from the PS4 game: if the console isn't jaibroken in a very specific way, you can't decrypt the games ;)

Don't believe me? Try getting the contents from a Xbox One game or a PS4 game that was released past the 6.72 FW.

So unless the PS5/SeriesX gets jailbroken basically instantly in a way where decrypting games is possible, your idea of porting the contents is impossible. If this current generation teached us anything is that getting exploits like this are getting pretty hard, so don't hold your breath.

Last edited by evertonstz, Sep 19, 2020
  7. Silent_Gunner

Silent_Gunner Lost Wanderer Who Sees No Evil

United States
    Idea: buy a launch system, leave it at the initial OFW, and wait for the inevitable exploit that works on those who waited. I'm sure you have a backlog of games you can fall back on, anyways!

8. evertonstz

Brazil
    Good luck with that. I myself an out for obvious reasons (if not obvious, check my country flag).

9. Moon164

Moon164 GBAtemp Fan

Brazil
    I think that maybe the game didn't sell as expected on the PC. Crash N. Sane Trilogy didn't sell that much on PCs and as a consequence we didn't have Crash Team Racing or the announcement of Crash 4 for the PC.

Perhaps because of this Capcom thought it would not be worth the effort to bring it to the PC.

Meepers55 likes this.
  10. Tatsuna

Tatsuna Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I don't really think so. I clearly remember that DMC 5 had the biggest CAPCOM PC launch ever, when it came out, only behind Monster Hunter: World. I believe that only those numbers would be enough to consider it a success.

From my point of view (and I could be wrong, actually I hope so) this is just a japanese gaming company being a japanese gaming company: "Sony and Nintendo, let's rock! PC, fuck you."

Shalashaska98 likes this.
  11. Shalashaska98

Shalashaska98 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    One day we will see this emulated on PC ...one day

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Ye, can't compare to crash

12. Deleted User

Deleted User Newbie

that guy said turbo mode, i mean what is that turbo mode, turbo/rapid fire button?

13. stanleyopar2000

stanleyopar2000 Dirty Weeb ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

United States
    AKA: the Demons Souls remake on PC that definittely does not existbuyaPS5rightnowdon'twait.

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Special, Edition, Capcom