Just a heads up (so you don’t make the same mistake I did!) you won’t be able to just launch an app from a hdd. As soon as your app exits, the hdds will be unmounted so now that path that nxhbl has will be invalid (ie ums0:/app.nro). The quick workaround I thought of was just to copy the nro from hdd to sd then set the path to location on sd card. This is a bit mixed because the nro could be huge so it could take a while (slow launches), it might depend on loose files like config stuff and maybe the user doesn’t want to override the app on the sd card with the one of hdd (is it exists) so maybe copying to a temp folder would be better.
but yeah not like it can’t work, just not super straight forward. But adding hdd support as a way to copy / move apps to and from storages might be a better option imo, and would still be a very nice feature
Just released v0.2.2 to change the default mount behaviour for NTFS volumes. Should reduce the number of people complaining for NTFS volumes not being mounted if they weren't properly unmounted in the first place.
Developers, please keep in mind you can override the default mount flags at runtime before calling usbHsFsInitialize(), should you ever need to do so.
Just released v0.2.2 to change the default mount behaviour for NTFS volumes. Should reduce the number of people complaining for NTFS volumes not being mounted if they weren't properly unmounted in the first place.
Developers, please keep in mind you can override the default mount flags at runtime before calling usbHsFsInitialize(), should you ever need to do so.
Thanks, I updated an modded tinfoil installer I am working on and this update is working well - tested on NTFS/Fat32/Exfat drives and no issues, I'll try a modded usb pen drive that's formatted to ext3/4 later, but so far so good.
Thanks, I updated an modded tinfoil installer I am working on and this update is working well - tested on NTFS/Fat32/Exfat drives and no issues, I'll try a modded usb pen drive that's formatted to ext3/4 later, but so far so good.
There should at least be some Atmosphère crash report logs in your SD card. You can use that information with addr2line and the ELF binary from your pplay build to build a stack dump, so to speak.
There should at least be some Atmosphère crash report logs in your SD card. You can use that information with addr2line and the ELF binary from your pplay build to build a stack dump, so to speak.
Yeah i mean there are no crash logs, this particular crash doesn't generate any for some reason.
I wonder if it's an issue with my flash drive, seems way too slow at times. Unfortunately i don't have another.
Just released v0.2.2 to change the default mount behaviour for NTFS volumes. Should reduce the number of people complaining for NTFS volumes not being mounted if they weren't properly unmounted in the first place.
Developers, please keep in mind you can override the default mount flags at runtime before calling usbHsFsInitialize(), should you ever need to do so.
I haven't forgotten about this project just yet. I have been pretty busy since January, so I haven't been able to work on this and nxdumptool as much as I did last year.
That being said, I have been slowly working on improving libusbhsfs and squashing some nasty bugs in the process. Some of these changes include:
A reimplementation of usbHsEpPostBuffer() to make it possible to use timeouts instead of indefinitely waiting for endpoint transfers to take place - which is pretty bad if an endpoint suddenly becomes stalled, resulting in those dreaded softlocks some of you guys have been experiencing.
Thanks to the previous point, the Bulk-Only Transport driver could also be updated to accurately follow some small error correction guidelines that weren't being met.
PKGBUILD scripts for NTFS-3G and lwext4 were updated as well to fix build issues experienced by some users under specific Linux distros.
More data about each drive and mounted volume is now made available to homebrew applications using the library (VID, PID, mount flags and USB string descriptors).
Next up, here comes something I'm sure some people will be excited about: I have been working on a way to reenable USB 3.0 support under HOS 9.0.0+.
Some time ago, it was possible to use the "usb30_force_enabled" flag in Atmosphère's system_settings.ini to achieve this. However, HOS 9.0.0 introduced a hard dependency on the USB sysmodule in FS services, which means the USB sysmodule is now launched before Atmosphère is capable of parsing the INI file, rendering this flag completely useless.
Using ExeFS IPS patches is totally out of the question for the very same reason. And modifying Atmosphère to make it enable the "usb30_force_enabled" flag on its own doesn't work because SD card access is required at that point.
Looking for an alternate solution, I decided to modify Atmosphère to make it capable of hot-patching the USB sysmodule to override the flag check in its NSO before it's launched. And it worked! USB 3.0 access is again a possibility. Here's a dump of a raw UsbHsInterface element obtained from a USB 3.0 drive (HOS 11.0.2, AMS 0.18.1):
Furthermore, the current BOT driver works perfectly fine with BOT interfaces provided by USB 3.0 drives. I have yet to test sequential reads and writes, but judging by these small, random reads, I'm sure it'll be awesome.
Even though transfers already are faster than before, BOT doesn't support command queuing, so my endgoal is to implement a USB Attached SCSI (UAS) driver in libusbhsfs to fully take advantage of USB 3.0 speeds. Let me know what you think.
Sounds like there is lately more demand for those type of patches that are applied before Atmosphere checks for config and exefs patches, but now there is no other way to apply it than recompiling loader in Atmosphere. Do you know if there is something that is in work that can fix this problem? Maybe applying to hekate bootloader/fusee-primary something that will load special patches alongside fusee-secondary so there is no need for fusee-secondary to have access to sdcard beforehand?
Or maybe fs reimplementation is only what we need for this case?
Sounds like there is lately more demand for those type of patches that are applied before Atmosphere checks for config and exefs patches, but now there is no other way to apply it than recompiling loader in Atmosphere. Do you know if there is something that is in work that can fix this problem? Maybe applying to hekate bootloader/fusee-primary something that will load special patches alongside fusee-secondary so there is no need for fusee-secondary to have access to sdcard beforehand?
Or maybe fs reimplementation is only what we need for this case?
As far as I know, nothing is being done at this moment to provide an easy way to patch services launched before FS. I think Scires said he would try to come up with a solution, but he's currently busy with the tma2 reimplementation, so I'm sure it's hard for him to provide an ETA.
Both solutions would probably work fine btw. I don't think a full FS reimplementation is needed - dedicating a consistent/well-known RAM area to hold IPS patches for these services would be good enough for fusee-secondary, I guess.
After being announced last week, the first of two broadcasts is set to go live later today with a stark focus on The Legend of Zelda and its 40th anniversary...
It's that time again folks, an update for the Switch and Switch 2, and a surprisingly big one at that! At lease for folks on the Switch 2. The most notable feature...
The PlayStation 5 scene has received a massive breakthrough with the public release of Relapse, a new exploit chain developed by Nathan Fargo in collaboration with...
It is with a heavy heart that I announce the departure of our beloved Chary from the position of Chief Editor. Chary took over early 2021 and has done a wonderful job...
The second of a two-part special, a more traditional Nintendo Direct is set to air today. Unlike the Zelda Direct the contents of this one is still relatively up in...
After an accidental leaking of their review video from Linus Tech Tips last week, we somewhat knew that news on Steam's latest VR venture was imminent. Today the...
Over the weekend a number of Switch and Switch 2 related subreddits came alive with people reporting bans on their Switch 2 consoles out of nowhere. The error code...
Announced a few days ago, Nintendo of America have today launched their Customer Appreciation Sale. Featuring 30% discounts across a wide range of popular first-party...
The 2007 Nintendo Wii classic Super Mario Galaxy has reportedly been 100% decompiled by the SMGCommunity under the project codename Petari, and now a standalone PC...
It's been something of a quiet week in the gaming space, with the deluge of big hitters trying to find their place before GTA 6 launches really kicking off next week...
After being announced last week, the first of two broadcasts is set to go live later today with a stark focus on The Legend of Zelda and its 40th anniversary...
It's been something of a quiet week in the gaming space, with the deluge of big hitters trying to find their place before GTA 6 launches really kicking off next week...
The in-progress Switch port of the 2013 Rockstar Games Grand Theft Auto V has been forced to end progress after Take-Two Interactive has threatened legal action...
It is with a heavy heart that I announce the departure of our beloved Chary from the position of Chief Editor. Chary took over early 2021 and has done a wonderful job...
The second of a two-part special, a more traditional Nintendo Direct is set to air today. Unlike the Zelda Direct the contents of this one is still relatively up in...
After an accidental leaking of their review video from Linus Tech Tips last week, we somewhat knew that news on Steam's latest VR venture was imminent. Today the...
Announced a few days ago, Nintendo of America have today launched their Customer Appreciation Sale. Featuring 30% discounts across a wide range of popular first-party...
From my post earlier this week you probably already know which game I'm talking about. Fire Emblem released yesterday to some pretty rave reviews. Looking at...
A few days ago Chary stepped down as Chief Editor after 5 wonderful years, and everyone guessed the seat wouldn't stay empty for very long. Back in 2021 I proudly...
The PlayStation 5 scene has received a massive breakthrough with the public release of Relapse, a new exploit chain developed by Nathan Fargo in collaboration with...