LG's Sparkly Nexus Phone - Coming Next Month?

ComeTurismO

CTO
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Samsung may be working on an update to its Galaxy Nexus, but it looks like the next Google phone will be LG's. Based on the LG's flagship Optimus G, the company's first Nexus handset is looking top-notch.
Hmm, I need a phone for high school since I am going to be needing one, as for walking there.. I don't know, wait for this phone, or get the S3? On the other hand, it makes me kind of think from reading this article... Might sound stupid but, CELLPHONES PROBABLY HAS MORE RAM THEN CONSOLES!! My opinion LOL, but i see that there are rumors saying that it's specs are: a quad-core Snapdragon S4 processor and 2GB of RAM, and 1280×768 on its 4.7-inch display.
What to say?

Anyway, click :arrow: ME for the source: :arrow: ME

Quietlyawesome94

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IGN for tech news? Meh.

I think LG has proved with the Optimus G and other recent devices that they can make some pretty decent hardware. It's just the software that has always held them back. That should change, of course, with it being a pure Google device. ;) I look forward to seeing what they have for us.

By the way, androidpolice.com has been covering this extensively for the past few weeks. They and The Verge are some of the best places to get the latest scoop on Android and general tech news.

Engadget? Read some of the comments and you'll quickly see why I don't bother with that site much anymore.

Reactions: 1 person

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Waiting for Google/Asus to come out with a Nexus 5 cell phone. Would be so awesome.

I've sworn that I'll always be going with Nexus phones from now on, unless competition warrants otherwise. But LG making one... well, Lucky Goldstar's phones have proven quite unlucky for me.

Edit - Every single one I've ever had has broken on me through the course of normal, non-abusive use.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Love the comparison with a toy parrot!

Although I'm possibly looking for a new phone during the next year, the Asus/Google or Samsung/Google Nexus phone could interest me more based on previous experience :3

Cortador

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
S3 is nice because it has a Microsd slot and removable battery. Otherwise, if you don't mind losing those 2, go with the Nexus.

I personally went with the S3 (Just got mine 2 days ago).

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
The Nexus has a removable battery. Samsung also sell an extended battery for it.

Also looking forward to any announcement from Google. Looking for a Nexus 10 more than anything (though the rumours are making that really high spec...)

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
2GB of Ram? What is going to be shipping with Android phones in 3 months? 4GBs?

Android is getting more of a resource hog than a full-blown desktop operating system like Windows. Astonishing.

Jamstruth

Trophies
XP
Country

Android is getting more of a resource hog than a full-blown desktop operating system like Windows. Astonishing.
I think they just do it for bragging rights tbh. My phone has 1gb of RAM. It shows about 600gb available (presumably the rest is OS still a lot for OS) ; then I'm currently using just over 300mb. 2gb seems overkill

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal

I think they just do it for bragging rights tbh. My phone has 1gb of RAM. It shows about 600gb available (presumably the rest is OS still a lot for OS) ; then I'm currently using just over 300mb. 2gb seems overkill
This.

Lets don't talk iOS, but my GS2 works fine with ~768MB RAM (according to my task manager).
Almost lag free.

Just Another Gamer

星空のメモリア-Wish upon a shooting star- Fanboy
Trophies
XP
Country
Awesome I would so want one but the only thing stopping me is that it doesn't come with expandable memory and that is a deal breaker for me since I don't want to be online and use cloud network to store my music and anime otherwise it seems pretty good. Also for those complaining about screen size doesn't the S3 have a 4.8 inch screen so this should be about the same size as it.

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan

So out of a maximum 1GB of RAM you have 600GB free? Surely you must've meant MB :P

Reactions: 1 person

Quietlyawesome94

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only thing which kills this device is 8GB (may be a 16GB) storage and no sd card support

Most everyone has agreed that the shown devices with 8GB of storage are prototype units. It makes sense for them to put a limited amount of storage in test units since anything more would just be a waste
I've also read that prototype Galaxy Nexuses had 8GB of storage, so not all is lost. ;) No SD card shouldn't be a surprise. Nexus devices haven't used SD cards since the Nexus One if I remember correctly.

Google apparently has their reasons to for not including it. This quote explains most of it,

Now for the Reasons Google has removed SD card Slots on Devices:
While Google still supports removable storage with the Android OS they are not using it for a few reasons. One major reason is that the file system on the devices use EXT instead of a combo of FAT and EXT. The reason for this is that with a combination of FAT and EXT you sacrifice speed and safety causing more errors and permission problems.
The second benefit of using a pure EXT file system is that when connecting your machine to your computer you can’t mess up the file system since you will not have block level access. Instead you will now have a FUSE (Filesystem in Userspace) system is used to mount a virtual SD Card that you can write to. This way you don’t get the common errors of unmounting incorrectly. With this you still have access to the entire file system.'

Jamstruth

Trophies
XP
Country

So out of a maximum 1GB of RAM you have 600GB free? Surely you must've meant MB :P
Typing on a phone. It's a btich.

Reactions: 2 people

ganons

Trophies
XP
Country
Hopefully it is a prototype but Im betting the max will be 16gb as they want to make money from cloud service. Retarded that it is limited to 16gb because the phone itself does hd recording and I'm sure people would want to fill it up with hd content.

Nexus One did have a memory card, I had one.

Then you have the Optimus G, which also has variants in the US....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    the internet
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    @Psionic Roshambo i have 16 gb in my pc and i run into issues with ram more than i'd like to admit
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    I got only 8GB of RAM. But I want 32GB.
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Time to just download more ram
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah search Google
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me when I stick a flash drive into it.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It can act as a swap drive but that isn't more RAM, it's slooow.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wish we could have 1Gbps external storage by now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Like for micro
  • Veho @ Veho:
    New Myoo.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Yooo noice
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Looks like a Famicom handheld
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah, they were going for that.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not very good though.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm watching the review, the emulators it uses suck bawls.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Software update might improve it.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Or maybe someone will make like Emulation Station for it or something?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That counts as a software update :tpi:
    +1
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    Ello
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can think of the design teams process another joystick and no audio or a joystick and mono audio
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "You think we can just put the speakers at the top
    ?" "NO!"
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pft stereo speakers you're fired
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pft stereo speakers you're fired +1