Nexus 6P specs possibly leaked

Discussion in 'Android' started by nxwing, Sep 28, 2015.

1. nxwing
    OP

nxwing GBAtemp Addict

Jul 22, 2013
    Philippines
    The Capital

[​IMG]
    It is believed that the Nexus 6P will be unveiled in San Francisco on September 29.

:arrow:Imgur Gallery
    :arrow:Original Presentation Slides
    :arrow:Android Police Post

EDIT: Oh crap, it hasn't been announced yet. Sorry for the misleading title xD!

Last edited by nxwing, Sep 28, 2015
    the_randomizer and Margen67 like this.
  2. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    Tweaked the title.

Anyway size wise that is about the size of an original DS top screen section.

Though I am certainly curious about the camera I still find the massive push for them on phones to be odd. What I would be interested in seeing though is someone turning on the motor when the thing is in portrait mode (similar to the beeps your car might make if you leave the seatbelt off). Would probably improve quite a few things.

Anyway meh but that is typically how I feel about mobile phones, I doubt this will excite me into phone ownership.

nxwing likes this.
  3. Pleng

Pleng GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Sep 14, 2011
    Thailand
    What use case could you see for this?!

4. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    Mainly stopping portrait mode photography and video unless people wanted it.

nxwing and migles like this.
  5. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

GBAtemp Patron
    migles is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.

people would start to complain... and would have a "don't tell me what to do" effect.. it's a cool idea, but i don't see people enjoying it.. well, we could use a warning on the screen for the first 10 times they try to use the phone in portrait mode... to make sure they know what they are doing..
    but seriously, if there are so many people making videos like that, it's because they want\don't give a fuck.. i don't believe they don't know about it.. i mean, they can see what they are filming on the screen.. they can see there is not too much area on the sides... and if they want more area, just turn it..

i recenlty own an android phone, i spend more time using it in landscape than portrait mode, whenever i am texting, using apps\internet browsing, anything... in fact, i had a nokia with a touchscreen and used it mainly in landscape mode as well. and its a small phone compared to what i own now..
    it's just more comfortable for me, specially when texting... i feel i am grabbing better the phone so it doesn't fall of my hands..
    the only issue is the default keyboard uses a lot of space on the phone, when it could be smaller, with the keyboard on the screen and the top bar, the reading area when texting or in some cases is really small... giving me 2-4 lines of text i am able to read....

Last edited by migles, Sep 30, 2015
  6. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    Simple solution to that then, migles: call it an achievement or display a little smiley face or something.

7. Pleng

Pleng GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Sep 14, 2011
    Thailand
    I'm pretty sure people who are videoing in portrait mode are well aware of the fact they're doing it?
    I've never once held a phone in landscape and had a portrait photo/video come out.

aghh @migles beat me to it!

Last edited by Pleng, Sep 30, 2015