GCN Let's Hack... Super Monkey Ball!

Yoshimaster96

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm in need of an obj/mtl to gma/tpl converter? I've got gma/tpl specs here. Please notify me for any further info, or for clarification of anything in the notes.

Yoshimaster96

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried:

and got:

(-1,0,-1),(0,0,0),(-2,0,0).

Also, replacing -1,-1,1,1 with -2,-2,2,2 gives me the same results.

[EDIT]

If someone could help, that would be great!

Yoshimaster96

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
-0,-0,0,0 resulted in no triangle, and -90,-90,90,90 moved it a bit. I presume -1,-1,1,1 is base position, and -2,-2,2,2 moved it just so I didn't notice it.

Vexiant

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I noticed you cracked the lz compression algorithm on smwcentral, but I'm not a member of the community nor wish to be for undisclosed reasons. Do you mind continuously checking into this thread and updating at least myself? Also, congratulations.

I too have done some work with reverse engineering Nintendo Gamecube games (Just TP, WW and SMS). Most notably, Super Mario Sunshine. It uses the same file format as some Nintendo 64 games that I have experience with (yaz0): Pokemon Stadium, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, etc. There is an individual who has made a pretty nifty program to do simple edits now, though! However, I cannot recall the name.

Vexiant

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am quite aware of copywright laws, Mr. ass_blaster. I love your f-ing name. (not sure if I can use foul language here)

Yoshimaster96

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently cracked the collision too! Maybe when a few bugs are fixed and an algorithm for converting GMA file model data to LZ file collision data is found (oh, and some tools I need to start/finish as well), we'll get going with hacking this game!

hacking is illegall man... dont make me report u

You're obviously a newbie because you misspelled "illegal" and "don't". Oh, and this isn't a place for text lingo either (that includes the use of "u" as "you"). Sorry I'm being the grammar police though.

Reactions: Vexiant

Vexiant

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently cracked the collision too! Maybe when a few bugs are fixed and an algorithm for converting GMA file model data to LZ file collision data is found (oh, and some tools I need to start/finish as well), we'll get going with hacking this game!
Awesome, sounds good! What are you concocting the programs in? I'm not much of a programmer as the best thing I did was a game trainer that simply set constant writes to memory depending on if a button was on or off for Peggle Deluxe as a test, lmao. I like that it has garbage-collection too, etc.

Yoshimaster96

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome, sounds good! What are you concocting the programs in? I'm not much of a programmer as the best thing I did was a game trainer that simply set constant writes to memory depending on if a button was on or off for Peggle Deluxe as a test, lmao. I like that it has garbage-collection too, etc.
C++ with OpenGL. Here's a screenie:
LZMOD.png

Ruby Gloom

GBAtemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
This thread is dead! Oh noes! I love Super Monkey Ball! I have been wanting a level editor or a method to making my own stages and basically making my own challenge rom. Please stay and help me do this! XD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: That's one bad nightmare