Hacking Let me get some things cleared up.

ozz3000

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
1. DL disc dump has been confirmed to work by a guy in Japan. Apparently he has a d2c chip, and has not uploaded it yet

Now, regarding the recent single layer dump:

1. Will not work if updated to 100%, must use MP3 trick where you unplug the power when the bar reaches under the W in Power.

2. Will not work even with a brickblocked burn, must use MP3 trick.

3. The torrent is downloading very slow right now for most people, yet the people seeding it will say it will finish by tomorrow.

I just want someone to clear those things up, as I really want to play the single layer brawl tomorrow
smile.gif

Pigiot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, you do not need to use the MP3 trick. If you dont mind dual channels on your menu just burn the regular iso and update it.

Pigiot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well if you unplug like after 50% of course it's not going to work. But if your a little off it probably will work.

HaloBenish

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I feel a little weird unpluging my Wii during an update, and does this emi-brick your wii? Stop settings from being accessed right?

Pigiot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, it doesnt semi-brick your wii. Pretty sure it doesnt on a NTSC-U console. All it does is remove the duplicate channels.. And allows you to play brawl. Haven't heard of it bricking your wii though

Doyvid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
With this "Mp3 trick", where the progress bar has to be under the "w" in power, is that for 4:3 TV's or 16:9 TV's? Or doesn't it matter?

Doyvid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
One other question to add to the large pile building up...

I read rumours going around this site a while ago that an original copy of SSBB wouldn't work in a Japanese Wii with a WiiKey installed, because the WiiKey didn't support dual layer or something. Was this true?

And if this is true, then when the game comes out in Australia and I buy it, will I have to uninstall my WiiKey to be able to play it? (I'm actually perfectly OK with doing this... I really only want the WiiKey for Brawl
laugh.gif
)

Thanks to all of the veteran members putting up with and assisting the noob-tidal wave... We all really appreciate it! (or at least I do
tongue.gif
)

Julian017

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
One other question to add to the large pile building up...

I read rumours going around this site a while ago that an original copy of SSBB wouldn't work in a Japanese Wii with a WiiKey installed, because the WiiKey didn't support dual layer or something. Was this true?

And if this is true, then when the game comes out in Australia and I buy it, will I have to uninstall my WiiKey to be able to play it? (I'm actually perfectly OK with doing this... I really only want the WiiKey for BrawlÂ
laugh.gif
)

Thanks to all of the veteran members putting up with and assisting the noob-tidal wave... We all really appreciate it! (or at least I do
tongue.gif
)

1. Yes its true, we are still waiting on a wiikey update
2. Yes you have to unistall your wiikey UNLESS the wiikey team brings out an update (probaly this week)

Alfangus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
A sort of possible timeline of what will happen (in terms of Wiikey):

NOW - DVD5 Dump is out, works on Wiikey

Next Few Days - Next Week: DVD9 Dump comes out, may not yet work on Wiikey

Next Week: Wiikey updates firmware, fixing problems with Legit Brawl discs and hopefully backups too. (Wiikey team have come out and said they are working on fixing it, and when SMG had problems it took them about 5 days, so maybe about that timeframe)

March 9th: SSBB comes out in America, Legit and Backups should hopefully be working on PAL Wiikeys

MUCH later: PAL SSBB comes out, if Legits/Backups don't work with Wiikey by now, they never will.

And to Taipon817, the DVD5 version cannot successfully play anything involving movies (including the Subspace Emissary). Essentially its limited to VS mode. A DVD9 dump should work perfectly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.