Lego Rock Band confirmed.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, this is insane. I think this was rumored jokingly a while back, but it's......real?
blink.gif

lego_rock_band_slide_01.jpg

Apparently this news was accidentally announced on a GDC slide on Harmonix's release schedule.

I'm really speechless. I'm halfway between "wut?" and "why?". Really, do we NEED a Lego Rock Band? Why would they release such a thing? And what were they thinking? Too many drugs? Who knows....

http://kotaku.com/5199530/harmonix-designe...-lego-rock-band

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For LEGO fans like me who play all their crap because the actual products are too.damn.expensive.

I just can't see any music working with LEGO figures going at it though. Maybe some... quirky Christmas or other themed music, or something >__>;

Kirby102

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Legobot said:
dinofan01 said:
This also confirms Guitar hero: Van halen and guitar hero: butt humpers?

It also confirms Guiter Hero: Guitar Hero
lol I thought of that too...
tongue.gif
Quite hilarious XD

But its Greatest Hits.... but now known as Smash Hits... :S whyyy XD

lol @ Lego RB... should expect some chiptune music
biggrin.gif

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the newgod said:
I cant see how this will work. Lego instruments? Lego characters? meh

I can't either. I don't see what the point would be. Rockband has a clear gameplay mechanic, but what would making the band members LEGOs add to that?
unsure.gif
The character models are only there for show, so I don't get it. Unless maybe they plan on doing something with the guitar neck and note markers.

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss. People probably said "what could Lego possibly add to a Star Wars game?", but they managed to come up with something. If the game is even being developed, you're assuming that it will just be Rock Band with a Lego skin. And if the previous games are any indication, it seems likely that they will come up with more than that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and the morning cuz school
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Although tomorrow is Labor Day which means I won't go to class which means I'll sleep well.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    is labor day different in venezuela than in america, or did time skip that far?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It must be the 1st already
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    1st of what?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    may?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh yeah it's in September
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, yea i think its different
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm...