Lego Harry Potter and Lego Indiana Jones 2 confirmed

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Travellers Tales animator has confirmed that there are at least 2 new Lego games in development. The two confirmed here are:

- Lego Harry Potter
- Lego Indiana Jones 2 Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

These were both confirmed by Traveller’s Tales animator Charlotte Parker.

The REALLY interesting rumor is a slip she made in regarding a 3rd possible Lego game said to coincide with the upcoming Hobbit movie. Lego Hobbit anyone? I'd like it anyways. Now all we need is Lego Lord of the Rings!

http://gonintendo.com/?p=75569
http://www.vg247.com/2009/03/13/confirmed-...al-skull-games/

Ruri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Harry Potter one seems mildly interesting, in that we can at least hope that it'll have some interesting effects in the form of spells. Although, of course, we just got a much better game if we're interested in that...

DeadLocked

Bi-Winning.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
would love to kill a lego voldemort
smile.gif

I am intersted in the hobbit rumour but I think it will just be a movie tie in, if not lego. Stiiill gettin though
yaynds.gif

And yes, Lego LOTR would be awesomesauce, fighting a lego balrog and trolls and them guys
smile.gif
I can already picture aragorn and legolas a gimli... MAKE IT HAPPEN or be damned to the fiery depths of mordor, peter jackson

IBNobody

I try to keep myself amused.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DeadLocked said:
smile.gif

I am intersted in the hobbit rumour but I think it will just be a movie tie in, if not lego. Stiiill gettin though
yaynds.gif

And yes, Lego LOTR would be awesomesauce, fighting a lego balrog and trolls and them guys
smile.gif
I can already picture aragorn and legolas a gimli... MAKE IT HAPPEN or be damned to the fiery depths of mordor, peter jackson

Since there hasn't been a lego LOTR set, you won't see a lego LOTR game.

halljames

Trophies
Website
www.hallstudios.co.uk
XP
Country
IBNobody said:
DeadLocked said:
smile.gif

yaynds.gif

smile.gif

Since there hasn't been a lego LOTR set, you won't see a lego LOTR game.

Why not. There wasn't a LEGO Batman set!

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tell you what, the LEGO series was a great idea, but wow, it's played. That said, when I heard the first rumor of a LEGO Potter, I was pretty stoked. I'm not really a Potter fan, but the Potter world seems perfectly suited for the LEGO style of gameplay.

Good news!

funem

Retro Powered..
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
They need to cut down on the number of breakable objects to collect the studs and work on the puzzle aspect of it a bit more. Star Wars and Indiana Jones were good, all the tweaks needed for the gameplay in Star Wars were seemingly fixed in Indiana Jones and it played much better as a game, Batman looked good but was such a weak game... Harry Potter would have a good scope of potential differences to make it a better game, the use of magic and possibly being able to play Quidditch would make it standout from the other Lego titles. Hope they don't make what ended up being a cash in title like Batman and make it more like Indiana Jones.

J

Jackreyes

Is it just me... or was there already a Lego Harry Potter game on PC?

It may have been a completely different type of game but...

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know....the Lego games all seem basically like the same game to me. I played through the Star Wars one, started to play the Indy and Batman ones, but they were just far too similar to hold my interest because I felt like I played it already.

Shebang

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
To be honest I'd play any Lego game. They are kinda cute. So I don't really give a hoot what's coming up next.

I only hope that they stop using the microphone like they did for Indiana Jones. That was kinda shitty.

-shebang

Batman1701

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Being that I'm a rabid MegaMan fan, I'm used to playing the same game, slightly altered, over and over and over. To that end, I'd be happy playing another Lego game, even if they are more or less all the same.

HOWEVER . . . Indy 2: Kingdom of the Crystal Skull? Seriously? A whole game for ONE movie, when all the others are three in one? That title better be a $10 download from the online services and not its own friggin' game, or I'mna be ticked.

As for Potter, you're either lookin' at some seriously condensed material, or at LEAST two games to cover it all.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jUWpmU-X8k