Hacking Legit Shiny Celebi

Hozu

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The Celebi from the Japanese Colloseum Bonus Disc can be shiny, but as far as I know this was actually unintended, and no Shiny Celebi can be transferred via PokéTransfer at the moment.

That Celebi can't be shiny.

About the mew- they only check OT so people can change the stats to get shiny status on that, and change OT to match the event mew so the transporter will accept it, and it works.

The only reason shiny Mew can go through Bank is because it's possible to get a shiny one from Emerald via the JP-exclusive event. The shiny ban is a blanket ban for the entire species - not by individual instances. Since there is not a single source of a shiny Celebi, there is a blanket ban on it.

Edit: Apparently shiny Celebi is no longer blocked. What the fuck?

Last edited by Hozu,

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm 100% not reading all these replies Lol but the only way to get a Shiny Celebi is to cheat to access the event in Crystal in the first place. There are three unreleased Celebi events and only ONE of then could actually be shiny (The one from the JPN Colisseum bonus disk[USA Got Wishmaker Jirachi on theirs]). To get that Celebi you HAVE to use external means to transfer the data over which in turn makes it "hacked" (if it wasn't already from the injected GS Ball event).
Point is, just because it was caught in the game doesn't make it legit when you had to cheat to access the event.

This is like saying there is a legit Shiny Faraway Island Mew from the US/UK. Which if you didn't know, they did make the ticket item for these regions and never released it. So you can 100% go find the Island ticket for the US/UK region and inject it into Emerald, then go soft reset for your Mew. Will it be legit? Sure. Will it be legal? No, because you the event item was not available through regular means.

Though I would like to say, I find it telling that Shiny Celebi is Wi-Fi tradeable and has been for quite some time in Gen 7. They removed the shiny block from her for SOME REASON. So there may very well be the restored event in the VC release of Crystal if we get one. Gamefreak is pretty adamant about shiny locks so I doubt it was an oversight considering shiny Victini and Keldeo are legal now as well.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

yup, actually I have the pk2 file of this celebi, but I cannot import in my moon save because when I try to import it PKHeX says "Cannot convert a pk2 to a pk7"
You can't jump Generations 2-7 like that, you need to extract a GBA Pokemon game and transfer it there, then you can transfer it to Gen 7 from Gen 3. I've done it with many Pcny events from Gen 2. Hopefully with these VC releases my Gen 2 events will be legal Lol. I'd like to use my Ancient Power Bulbasaur one day haha

Last edited by Majickhat55,
Reactions: RustInPeace

jaderocc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@op not sure if you know but you can use this site to convert .pk2 all the way up to .pk7 - http://www.pkxdelta.co.nf/upload.html

also, if you're having problems with the .pkm file itself and the ^^^online conversion tool doesn't help, you can open the .sav in vba and export a battery save, then use pikasav to open the .pk2 and extract it.

Hozu

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@op not sure if you know but you can use this site to convert .pk2 all the way up to .pk7 - http://www.pkxdelta.co.nf/upload.html

also, if you're having problems with the .pkm file itself and the ^^^online conversion tool doesn't help, you can open the .sav in vba and export a battery save, then use pikasav to open the .pk2 and extract it.
If it wasn't transferred legitimately, it doesn't count. There's no legitimate way to transfer gen 2 mons to gen 3 or beyond. There is no Celebi event announced for gen 2 VC once it drops. Pretty simple.

Last edited by Hozu,
Reactions: PP_theSLAYER

PP_theSLAYER

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
If it wasn't transferred legitimately, it doesn't count. There's no legitimate way to transfer gen 2 mons to gen 3 or beyond. There is no Celebi event announced for gen 2 VC once it drops. Pretty simple.

Thanks for simplifying what I've been trying to say.

I guess people just don't want to accept it... :(

jaderocc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pretty sure op wasn't implying "legitimacy" further than that they soft reset for the shiny themselves/didnt gen it or some other cop out, and that their *only* request was for the information on how to get the celebi into the current games - information that afaik, in typical gbatemp fashion, you nerds argued about legitimacy for 3 pages and nobody gave a real response to???? nobody asked for yall o p i n i o n s on *legitimate* pokemon lmfao, if you're so concerned about *legit* *pokemon* why are you on a hacking centric forum and not like, verlisify's youtube channel?????? lmao foh

Last edited by jaderocc,

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pretty sure op wasn't implying "legitimacy" further than that they soft reset for the shiny themselves/didnt gen it or some other cop out, and that their *only* request was for the information on how to get the celebi into the current games - information that afaik, in typical gbatemp fashion, you nerds argued about legitimacy for 3 pages and nobody gave a real response to???? nobody asked for yall o p i n i o n s on *legitimate* pokemon lmfao, if you're so concerned about *legit* *pokemon* why are you on a hacking centric forum and not like, verlisify's youtube channel?????? lmao foh

And your contribution is so lovely, the inquiry was already addressed, on the first page, with this post in particular spelling it out easily.

You can't, Gen I & II could trade with one another but you can't trade Gen II to Gen III. Hacking software would be required either by using software like PKHeX (as in the video description) or by injecting the save into the soon to be released Gen II virtual console games.

Reactions: jaderocc

jaderocc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yEs So LoVeLy, As EvErYoNe HeRe On GbAtEmP aLwAyS bEhAvEs

yall......... op had *one* question. instead of explaining how to do what they asked, which is *very* easy with the right hardware and even easier if they're using an emulator, yall complained about *legitimacy*. if op has the software and/or hardware to export a save file (which they already mentioned having done on the 2nd page) and was stuck trying to get it from there into their gen 7 save, i just told them how to do it. and stop with this legitimacy garbage; just because you feel that something is "illegal" or whatever doesn't mean op does. if op hunted it and is hyped on it + transferring it to see it's full beauty in the 3d models, who are yall to shit on their parade? from first hand experience, if op cared about it being "legit" in that regard, they would have hunted some other *legitimate* shiny. i mean, case in point, i'm sitting here with a shiny darkrai and shiny arceus i sr'd for in platinum, they're not *legit* to have transferred up and can't go through pokebank, but i still hunted them, and i'm still hyped asf on them, and i still transferred them into one of my gen 7 saves. it aint yall's place to project whatever legitimacy nonsense YOU feel is "right," just dont respond to the thread if you don't have any constructive responses lmao

@op if you're still having problems with the .pk2, message me and i'll help you out :*)
@mods, please close this thread, since the op's inquiry has finally been answered :*)

Last edited by jaderocc,

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yEs So LoVeLy, As EvErYoNe HeRe On GbAtEmP aLwAyS bEhAvEs

yall......... op had *one* question. instead of explaining how to do what they asked, which is *very* easy with the right hardware and even easier if they're using an emulator, yall complained about *legitimacy*. if op has the software and/or hardware to export a save file (which they already mentioned having done on the 2nd page) and was stuck trying to get it from there into their gen 7 save, i just told them how to do it. and stop with this legitimacy garbage; just because you feel that something is "illegal" or whatever doesn't mean op does. if op hunted it and is hyped on it + transferring it to see it's full beauty in the 3d models, who are yall to shit on their parade? from first hand experience, if op cared about it being "legit" in that regard, they would have hunted some other *legitimate* shiny. i mean, case in point, i'm sitting here with a shiny darkrai and shiny arceus i sr'd for in platinum, they're not *legit* to have transferred up and can't go through pokebank, but i still hunted them, and i'm still hyped asf on them, and i still transferred them into one of my gen 7 saves. it aint yall's place to project whatever legitimacy nonsense YOU feel is "right," just dont respond to the thread if you don't have any constructive responses lmao

@op if you're still having problems with the .pk2, message me and i'll help you out :*)
@mods, please close this thread, since the op's inquiry has finally been answered :*)

Nobody's a white knight for legitimacy here, just pointing out facts, and me personally, I shared that I have even genned shiny Celebis for people, I did not express resent towards that. Nobody's complaining or bitching about that, merely just getting the facts straight, even some speculation that a possible Celebi event is coming (with questions on whether it can be shiny). Your contributions so far is oddly enough, complaining about this thread, when nobody at least had a whiny tone like your posts appear to be in my personal opinion.

Lovely contribution from you again. In fact this thread was seemingly done with until @PP_theSLAYER bumped it back up, just to make a little point, then you come storming in with your jabs which were unnecessary.

Let's agree that the the OP's concerns have been addressed, the facts were presented, opinions were shared, and not discuss this anymore. There's nothing more that needs to be said anyways.

Reactions: PP_theSLAYER

PP_theSLAYER

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
pretty sure op wasn't implying "legitimacy" further than that they soft reset for the shiny themselves/didnt gen it or some other cop out, and that their *only* request was for the information on how to get the celebi into the current games

Erm, I think you're confused about something.
The entire process from catching to transferring Pokemon IS what determines legitimacy. (side note: Try bringing a Shiny Celebi to official VGC, say you transferred it from Crystal, and let's see if you get DQ'd)

It's like saying "My money is from legitimate gains, if you don't count the evil deeds I've done to obtain them before it went through the money laundering procedure"

If investigators track it back to its roots, it'll highly likely be treated as illegal gains.
And that's the same thing here.

If the user wanted to merely transfer the Pokemon over, there are tons of ways (it was mentioned throughout the thread, IIRC).<PKHeX will soon accept PK2 anyway, there's nth to fear>
I've got a bunch of Shiny Celebis throughout the ages (ilex encounter, glitzer popping etc), and I won't call any of them legitimate.

You can gen all you want, or use tools all you want, whatever makes it fun for you. (I mean, I am a hacker after all ;D )
Just, don't claim things that are illegal to be legitimate. It ruins the fun for unsuspecting players.

Also, OP mentioned legitimacy, so we're just saying there's no legitimate way yet.
If OP doesn't care about legitimacy, your method should work :> (tho I don't think it works the exact same flawed way as Pokebank >< )

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol