Hacking Legit EUR CIAs on USA 3DS with Custom Firmware?

HoboKen95

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't change my region because I tried before, and it screwed up my original 3ds. I got a used 3ds xl on 4.5 today and put CFW on it. Can I install a European Legit CIA in CFW with Devmenu?

night_hawk

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Every EUR cia that exists, is also in USA version. So why would you want to do that? Also, EUR cia (even when Legit) can't be installed on another region.
That's not true. SSB legit cia exists only EUR (not sure if JAP too), while Mario and Luigi Dream Team Bros exists only USA (again not sure about jap)

TheMaxynator

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Legit_Cia.png

Sorry, I was wrong :P This is the complete list of Legit Cias that I know of.
FREE stands for region-free btw.

Edit: My first post is still correct though. You can't install any legit/signed cia from one region to another region 3DS. Sorry. And if you were to edit the cia, they wouldn't be legit/signed anymore, so you won't be able to run them anymore.

lisreal2401

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can do it, there's two methods I know of. This is one is pretty easy to do but keep a backup of your original real NAND as you will effectively have a EUR sysnand and eShop will not work - even on emunand. Once you have that done just use PBT-CFW, install whatever CIA games you want redump the nand and FINALLY load it with rxTools and update. You can keep your USA/JPN/whatever CFW on a separate SD card and still use that for whatever reasons.

Load PBT CFW and install Dev Menu
Install ALL the EUR cias that come with the region switch package to your sysnand (find this on a pirate site - search
[TUTORIAL] [NO GW] How to region change Palantines CFW

Dump your sysnand
Inject said nand to your emunand partiton
Get your xorpadfat16
Inject SecureInfo_A
Test first, or if you know you did it right, install it to your sysnand using Gateway launcher (hold up on the directional pad and press a on the "downgrade console" tile)
Profit.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MrNoobNub @ MrNoobNub: why is everyone so horny