iQue 3DS XL region lock

ak1nok

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Hi all. I bought an iQue 3DS XL with custom firmware. Unfortunately it changed the region to eur and I can not remove the custom firmware. I want to check what regional restrictions are on the iQue 3DS XL. Is there any way to remove the ability to run any cartridges from the flashed console? Or remove the custom firmware when the language is changed?

Myria

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When they change the region, they overwrite all the firmware. You’ll need to find a CTRTransfer file for iQue XL to change it back to the China region lock.

I know that it will run some games that are Taiwan-region. Taiwanese cartridges have some trick to avoid the system update on Chinese systems.

zeldaxlink64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
When they change the region, they overwrite all the firmware. You’ll need to find a CTRTransfer file for iQue XL to change it back to the China region lock.

I know that it will run some games that are Taiwan-region. Taiwanese cartridges have some trick to avoid the system update on Chinese systems.
There is a CTRTransfer file for CHN region available on 3ds.hacks.guide.

ak1nok

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania

Thanks a lot, but if you change the region back to Chinese, the console will still run cartridges from any region?

ak1nok

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
If it has luma you should still be able to run any region game
Thank you, is there a way to turn this option off? I want to check which cartridges this console can run. For example, it turns out that the Nintendo DS can't run iQue DS cartridges. But the Nintendo DSi can run iQue DS cartridges. I want to check the capabilities of the iQue 3DS XL.

zeldaxlink64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thank you, is there a way to turn this option off? I want to check which cartridges this console can run. For example, it turns out that the Nintendo DS can't run iQue DS cartridges. But the Nintendo DSi can run iQue DS cartridges. I want to check the capabilities of the iQue 3DS XL.
I don't think so, but I can tell you that the iQue 3DS XL does run the two pre-installed games (Super Mario 3D Land and Mario Kart 7) as well as I think some Taiwanese or Hong Kong cartridges.

Reactions: ak1nok

redunka

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
You can try running zoogie's firmlaunch_clean.firm through Luma's chainloader; that one has no usual CFW patches (except for the FIRM overwrite protection), so the console should behave pretty much identically to a "clean" one.

ak1nok

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
You can try running zoogie's firmlaunch_clean.firm through Luma's chainloader; that one has no usual CFW patches (except for the FIRM overwrite protection), so the console should behave pretty much identically to a "clean" one.
Thanks a lot, but it didn't work :( I formatted the console and formatted the memory card. Renamed the firmlaunch_clean.firm file to boot.firm. The console started, but kept running games from any regions :( Is there any way to run clean firmware? For example, when removing cfw there is a script for gm9 "safety_test" it runs a clean firmware. But on my console, because of the region change, this firmware won't run.

redunka

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Thanks a lot, but it didn't work :( I formatted the console and formatted the memory card. Renamed the firmlaunch_clean.firm file to boot.firm. The console started, but kept running games from any regions :( Is there any way to run clean firmware? For example, when removing cfw there is a script for gm9 "safety_test" it runs a clean firmware. But on my console, because of the region change, this firmware won't run.
Did you already change your console's region back to Chinese or is it still EUR?
CTRTransfer image in the 3ds.hacks guide does have a properly signed SecureInfo, so it should* actually boot even without CFW.
The person who region changed your console likely used a fake SecureInfo (probably edited original one, so this should reversible) which won't work without sig checks patched.

*At least If you import that SecureInfo manually, as CTRTransfer method doesn't seem to do that, meaning that with safety_test script the console will end up using one that may or may not be broken.

Last edited by redunka,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto