Hacking Legit Brawl working on Wiikey

nhindian

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've had my store copy of Brawl sitting around all day because I've been waiting for an update. Well I got bored and threw it in to test it since I read on another forum I visit that a legit copy worked for someone.

To my surprise, I put in the copy, had a prompt to update, and after that the Wii restarted and the Brawl menu came up.

So before doing anything hasty like corrupting your Wiikey, just check to see if your copy works.

I am so happy right now!

SoNiC1023

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I came in here thinking it was gonna be a fix
hate2.gif

SoNiC1023

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow the more I read that post on how to get brawl to work via corrupting the wiikey the more I want to do it. Im not worried about a dead wiikey because of all the conformations on that forum that it does work and they are able to recover safely

NextStep

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I dont see what the problem is with the TC's recommendation.

According to the TC, some copies of Brawl retail seem to work with the Wiikey with no modifications/complications needed.
He's just suggesting for those who have the retail to try & see if it actually works before passing judgment that it does not work entirely.

I don't see any "risk" in trying. At worst you'll get an unable to read error, right? There shouldn't be any corrupting issues you guys are mentioning.

@thestump, its true that we do not know which mod the person in youtube is using, but the TC himself tried and it worked - and the TC specified that he/she has a Wiikey.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4 +1