OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Jordan
hi guys

i'm having a problem with Legend Of Zelda: Wind Waker
each time i load the game with codes (AR/WiiRD)
it freezes when i try to open a dungeon map (Up-DPad)
the game works perfectly when loaded from Disc Channel (Hard Mod)
when i load codes using Action Replay ----> game freezes
when i load codes using NeoGamma (WiiPower) ----> game freezes
even with no codes selected (AR/NG) ----> game freezes

i'm on 3.2U
what do i have to do
plz help

thx in advance

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I fixed that error for the PAL version, on the NTSC verson it should even tell you that it will freeze. If you don't have an usb gecko, i can't help you.

FIX94 said:
You must use the newest neogamma r9 beta to fix this.

No it won't. Patched MIOS is not compatible with retail discs, and since he has a modchip all discs are retail discs for his Wii. Also patched MIOS + Ocarina, or backup + Ocarina wouldn't work anyways.

Mega-Zelda

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Jordan
thx guys for the quick replys

QUOTE said:
i'm using the newest NeoGamma r9 Beta44

QUOTEI fixed that error for the PAL version, on the NTSC verson it should even tell you that it will freeze. If you don't have an usb gecko, i can't help you.

QUOTE(FIX94 @ Sep 2 2010, 04:17 PM) *

No it won't. Patched MIOS is not compatible with retail discs, and since he has a modchip all discs are retail discs for his Wii. Also patched MIOS + Ocarina, or backup + Ocarina wouldn't work anyways.
it does tell me but how can i fix it
i could get a USB Gecko (my cousin has one)

plz help me
thx in advance

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Ok the fixing is a bit complicated. Basically you use patched MIOS + the debug plugin to get debug output. Then you just need a modified NeoGamma that dumps the main.dol(which was patched by MIOS) to you and then you compare unpatched with patched to get what it did.

Try to catch me on irc, #cIOS @freenode when you have the usb gecko and got debug output from the plugin. For this you just need to set NeoGamma to debug plugin, have the usb gecko drivers installed, usb gecko connected, and open hyperterminal(it's included in windows).

Mega-Zelda

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Jordan
WiiPower said:
Ok the fixing is a bit complicated. Basically you use patched MIOS + the debug plugin to get debug output. Then you just need a modified NeoGamma that dumps the main.dol(which was patched by MIOS) to you and then you compare unpatched with patched to get what it did.

Try to catch me on irc, #cIOS @freenode when you have the usb gecko and got debug output from the plugin. For this you just need to set NeoGamma to debug plugin, have the usb gecko drivers installed, usb gecko connected, and open hyperterminal(it's included in windows).

thx WiiPower i'll get the USB Gecko asap and contact you on mIRC
smile.gif

btw i used WiiGator's MIOS Patcher v0.1xi to get the Action Replay running
(if that is what your patched MIOS is)

and where can i get a modified NeoGamma
as for the hyperterminal my Vista doesn't have it (any other suggestions)

i hope i'm not causing too much trouble (i'm new to this)
biggrin.gif

thx again

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I have seen that it should be possible to get hyperterminal from WinXP to work under Vista. But 1st you might want to try this:
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Geckoreader

It doesn't work for me, but maybe for you it will.

I need to create that special NeoGamma version after i got some debug output from you.

Mega-Zelda

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Jordan
WiiPower said:
I have seen that it should be possible to get hyperterminal from WinXP to work under Vista. But 1st you might want to try this:
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Geckoreader

It doesn't work for me, but maybe for you it will.

I need to create that special NeoGamma version after i got some debug output from you.

man that was fast
good news my cousin dropped the USB Gecko a minute ago
great news got it installed
bad news Geckoreader detects it but gives me
"The Port 'COM-1' does not exist"
is that ok

yahoo WiiPower i've been reading your NeoGamma topic (head to toe)
http://gbatemp.net/t219243-neogamma-r9-bet...t&p=3046844
i tried it and the map opens (hallelujah)
but how can i apply the codes

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Have you installed the usb gecko drivers? Go to the device manager in windows, usb controllers, usb serial converter, select "Load VCP". Then it should work. If not try to get hyperterminal.

Mega-Zelda

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Jordan
ok found it (hopefuly)
is this it
Code:
[IMG]http://i840.photobucket.com/albums/zz330/Mega-Zelda/My%20Pics/Hyper.jpg[/IMG]

what next (hope i'm not a pain in the ***)
thx again
biggrin.gif

Mega-Zelda

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Jordan
WiiPower said:
Now let hyperterminal use the usb gecko, select debug plugin in NeoGamma and start any gamecube game.

sorry for the quuestion
but how do you do that
hyperterminal doesn't see the usb gecko (only software modem,com3,tcp/ip)
can you tell me how (btw i'm using my laptop [no pc])

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Mega-Zelda said:
WiiPower said:
Now let hyperterminal use the usb gecko, select debug plugin in NeoGamma and start any gamecube game.

sorry for the quuestion
but how do you do that
hyperterminal doesn't see the usb gecko (only software modem,com3,tcp/ip)
can you tell me how (btw i'm using my laptop [no pc])

Is your usb gecko com3? Did you do this:
WiiPower said:
Have you installed the usb gecko drivers? Go to the device manager in windows, usb controllers, usb serial converter, select "Load VCP". Then it should work. If not try to get hyperterminal.

QUOTE(D34DL1N3R @ Sep 3 2010, 11:13 PM)
Thanks for doing this, an NTSC fix for WW will be awesome!

It's more or less fixed, but you have to boot with patched MIOS + high plugin. So it only works on backups and then only if you don't have a modchip.

Mega-Zelda

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Jordan
WiiPower i connected my usb gecko to a different usb port
gave me COM4
i started hyperterminal
started neogamma with (MIOS,Debug:High)
and got this on hyperterminal
Code:
BootMii v1.1ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ 
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ Copyright (C) 2008, 2009 Team Twiizers.ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂAll rights reserved.ÂÂRedistÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
ribution or sale is prohibited.ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ 
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ BOOT2 header (@0x28700):ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ 
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂHeader size: 00000010ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ 
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂLoÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
ader size: 00003ff0ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ 
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂELF size: 00023b5dÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ Argument: 00000001ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ 
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ ELF at 0x2c700ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ 
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ Trying toÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
mount SD...ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂCID: mid=03 name='SDSD02G' prv=128.0 psn=01c1642f mdt=6/2008ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂcsd: 00ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ 
00 26 00 32 5f 5a 83 c9 3e fb cf ff 92 80 40ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ taac=38 nsac=0 read_bl_len=10 c_sizÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
e=3876 c_size_mult=7 card size=2032664576 bytesÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ 
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ calculated timeout =ÂÂ1500000nsÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂTrÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
ying to open SD:/bootmii/armboot.binÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂError 5 while trying to open fileÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ 
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ Couldn't loÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
ad from SD, falling back to boot2ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ 
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ Loading boot2 ELF...ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ 
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ PHDRS at 0x2c734ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ 
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂSkipping P
HDR of type 6
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂSkipping PHDR of type 4
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂLOAD 0x2c734 -> 134c0000 [0x23c]
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ LOAD 0x2c
970 -> 13640000 [0xb7e8]
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ LOAD 0x38158 -> 135e0000 [0x6765]
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ LOAD 0x3e8bd -> 135e7
000 [0x284]
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂLOAD 0x3eb41 -> 135e8000 [0x0]
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ LOAD 0x3eb41 -> 135c0000 [0x8c2c]
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ LOA
D 0x4776d -> 135c9000 [0x10c]
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂLOAD 0x47879 -> 135ca000 [0x0]
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ LOAD 0x47879 -> fff
e0000 [0x0]
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂLOAD 0x47879 -> ffff0000 [0x74c0]
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂLOAD 0x4ed39 -> ffff74c0 [0xa9c]
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ L
OAD 0x4f7d5 -> ffff7f60 [0xa88]
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂLOAD 0x5025d -> ffff8a00 [0x0]
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂStarting boot2...

is that what you needed (hopefully)
or is there something else

thx again

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
It's more or less fixed, but you have to boot with patched MIOS + high plugin. So it only works on backups and then only if you don't have a modchip.

I don't have a chip.
frown.gif
Is Mega-Zeldas debug info going to enable you to make a WW NTSC fix for soft-mods?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Mega-Zelda said:
WiiPower i connected my usb gecko to a different usb port
gave me COM4
i started hyperterminal
started neogamma with (MIOS,Debug:High)
and got this on hyperterminal
[...]
is that what you needed (hopefully)
or is there something else

thx again

That looks better. If you boot a gc game with NeoGamma now, you should always get some debug stuff duing the game boot process. If you set NeoGamma to use the debug plugin, you will get some info that might help to figure out what's wrong on currently incompatible games.

The important putput now is when you use patched MIOS + debug plugin. It will tell you when MIOS applies its patch, when i have that output, i can make you a version that dumps the info i need to make that patch.

Mega-Zelda

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Jordan
that's odd
i don't get anything
after booting the game with neogamma
am i doing it wrong

here are my GC settings
gamecube mode: MIOS
force video: disc
patch video: no
reloader: no
backup plugin: high (goes back to auto everytime i restart NG)
audio fix: auto
petched MIOS: yes (goes back to auto everytime i restart NG)

here are my Ocarina settings
wii hook type: vbi
wii ocrarina: yes
wii debugger: yes
gc hook type: vi
gc ocrarina: yes
gc debugger: yes

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: this is true! i learned how to make soundfont remixes from a friend back in 2021 +1