Gaming Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sneekysneeky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Anywho, I'm up there with you guys... waiting... also waiting for the day that the common abbreviation "Jap" isn't considered racist anymore. To even THINK that it is racist, in my opinion, makes you racist.

I don't consider ignorance a valid argument, and volleying some arbitrary notion of racism back into the court doesn't do squat to deter anyone with real balls from stating what is inarguably true: The word "Jap" is a derogatory term, regardless of whether you knew that or not, or whether you think it's no longer considered derogatory. It still is.

Don't try to put up some bullshit shield of "To even THINK that it is racist, in my opinion, makes you racist."

Wow dude, ease up. The abbreviation Jap isn't racist in the sense that it's being used here. Why you'd even try to make a stink out of it is beyond even me.

I suppose calling me a 'Brit' is racist is it. I think not my dear chap. Tally-ho!
laugh.gif

Daimones

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DarkPacMan; Sorry but, most DS dumps are out a week to days earlier. The reason that this hasn't been dumped yet is because barely anyone has the game. It's not out until tomorrow, the sites are wrong, ask any GameStop or WalMart.

Well that actually is the release date its just that if you don't live where the game is releasing from (NY) then you won't see it untill the 2nd because of shipping.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow dude, ease up. The abbreviation Jap isn't racist in the sense that it's being used here. Why you'd even try to make a stink out of it is beyond even me.

I suppose calling me a 'Brit' is racist is it. I think not my dear chap. Tally-ho! 
laugh.gif

Did you just call me a "ho"?!
wink.gif

In all seriousness, though, it's obviously not beyond you why I'd "make a stink about it," because you wouldn't have bothered to reply, otherwise.

In any case, you make the point for me. It doesn't matter how you think the term is being used, it's how it affects people who find it offensive. That's the very thing that makes it derogatory. Now, if you've got a fourth-grade education, you've probably gone over this already.

But if one GBATemp member has the right to argue the ridiculous notion that saying "Jap" isn't offensive, then another GBATemp member should also have the right to refute that...in a Zelda thread...?
unsure.gif

sckelly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is there any reason why this thread is not locked? I just read 3 or 4 pages (and encountered several errors due to traffic) and I am not sure if I read the term 'zelda' once. (exaggerated)

These threads should be locked on page one. Wouldnt that stop the laggyness?

sneekysneeky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

I suppose calling me a 'Brit' is racist is it. I think not my dear chap. Tally-ho!Â
laugh.gif

wink.gif

In all seriousness, though, it's obviously not beyond you why I'd "make a stink about it," because you wouldn't have bothered to reply, otherwise.

In any case, you make the point for me. It doesn't matter how you think the term is being used, it's how it affects people who find it offensive. That's the very thing that makes it derogatory. Now, if you've got a fourth-grade education, you've probably gone over this already.

But if one GBATemp has the right to argue the ridiculous notion that saying "Jap" isn't offensive, then another GBATemp member should also have the right to refute that...in a Zelda thread...?
unsure.gif

Fair enough.
happy.gif

Back to ZELDA!!!
rofl2.gif

sneekysneeky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

I suppose calling me a 'Brit' is racist is it. I think not my dear chap. Tally-ho!Â
laugh.gif

wink.gif

But if one GBATemp has the right to argue the ridiculous notion that saying "Jap" isn't offensive, then another GBATemp member should also have the right to refute that...in a Zelda thread...?
unsure.gif

Forum is fooked!
ohmy.gif
huh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/sGvT5FKSiyk?si=TYqsdjjbF-4N8Xc8