Hacking Launching RCM mode without RCM or opening up Switch.

newtzrcool

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, everyone. I want to run Homebrew/CFW on my switch, but I am unable to boot into RCM mode because my volume and power buttons are broken. I also don't want to open up my switch. Is there any way to do this at all? I'm on version 8.1.0 if you need to know.
If there isn't one currently, will there ever be a way?

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is no way to do that unless you were on firmware below 4.1 there are other options.

Impossible to say if there will ever be a way but as of now there is nothing in the works and Deja Vu might work up to 7.0.1 but not 8.

TheZander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Those are quite the constrictions. You should look at all the different ways to enter rcm and see how to apply that to your situation. The only thing i can think of to get into rcm with no volume or no power and not opening anything would be bricking your boot partition like autorcm and that will put your console in rcm.

The question is how the hell can you deliberately brick the boot partition of a console with no cfw. The only thing that comes to mind is interrupting an update. I don't know how you would do that off my head with no power and no ability to disconnect the battery

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My advice would be get those buttons fixed or fix them yourself if at all possible.

I mean if you have one error that shuts down your switch you can't even turn it back on right now you need to get that fixed even if you didn't want to use CFW.

Last edited by EmulateLife,

TerraPhantm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean if you have one error that shuts down your switch you can't even turn it back on right now you need to get that fixed even if you didn't want to use CFW.
Plugging a USB cable into the Switch will turn it on.

But yeah, with his current situation I don't see any way for him to get into RCM without opening the thing up.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have you jail broke your ps4 yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been on since 9.0
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Are you gonna do your ps5 if the hack comes? Is there worries of bans, like the ps3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably not I got cross play friends
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they risk getting flagged or banned, altho spouting profanity in online play alredy does that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
    +1
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    exactly my point
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig or Mario's Early Years
    +1
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    ddddddddddddddddddddddd
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my fingie hurt
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Why?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    hangnail thing I think
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ... that's rough buddy
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    peepee
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :D:)