Laughing in the face of disability.

Mantis41

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was shown these videos at work today and I must say the person who made them is a legend. I also found them hysterically funny but almost felt bad for laughing afterwards.

If you check out these videos and some of his others he is genuinely able to poke fun at his own disability and seems to welcome others to have a laugh along with him.

So... once you stop laughing..... is this ok or not? Are we exploiting his disability by having a laugh or are we just helping him make the best of his disability by allowing him to make us laugh?

Severe Langauge warning in these Vids.

For the Australians out there you may also remember Steady Eddy the stand up comedian with cerebral palsy.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Dude, if one who makes fun of his disability, you are allowed to laugh at it. As in, HE wouldn't mind...

Didn't find those vids funny though
tongue.gif

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think its fine, i would expect people to if i had a disability. if your feelings get hurt and you have a disability you need to lighten up.

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
As long as the people with disabilities aren't stuck up assholes, there should be no problem with having a laugh about them every now and then.

And the best of 'em will even laugh at themselves, maybe even to stop thinking about the fact that they have a disability. I love those kind of people, because they seem to be the ones that enjoy life most.

DarkStriker

GBAtemp's Kpop lover!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
Didn't laugh either. Laughing is really ok if it doesn't affect the person personally. If he's fine with it then it should be ok, right? Hes better than many others i know so. He deserve a congratulation.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1