HarveyHouston

Christian Modder
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
800x450_ACPC_WN_3rdAnniversary.jpg

Since October 28th, players of the popular Android and iOS game Animal Crossing Pocket Camp have been notified of the following announcement:
Thank you for playing the Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp game.

We have a large update to Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp planned for November. After the game is updated, smart devices that are no longer supported will be unable to download and update Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp. In addition, after the update, previous versions of the application will become unusable. Please scroll down to see important information applicable to Pocket Camp Club subscribers.
iOS Devices

■ Supported Devices After the Update

· iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch with iOS version 11.0 or later.
(Devices that are able to update to iOS 13.0 or newer are recommended.)

Note: For more information regarding your specific device, please see the manufacturer's official website.
It may take some time before Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp is supported on the newest version of iOS.
Please visit
https://support.apple.com

if you have issues with your supported device.

■ How to Check Your iOS Version
To check which iOS version your device is currently using, open Settings, then tap General, and then tap Software Update.

Note: Depending on your device, the display or location of data may differ.
Android Devices

■ Supported Devices After the Update

· Devices running Android OS 5.0 or newer
· Devices with 1.5GB or more of RAM
· Devices with 64-bit CPU

Note: Some devices may not be supported.
Devices without a built-in microphone will be unable to use the Send a Tune feature.
For more information regarding your specific device, please see the manufacturer's official website.
In certain cases, some devices may not be supported even when they meet the conditions listed above.
It may take some time before Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp is supported on the newest version of Android OS.
Please visit
https://support.google.com/android

if you have issues with your supported device.

■ How to Check Your OS Version and RAM
To check which OS version your device is currently using, open Settings, then tap Device Info, and then tap Android Version.

Notes:

· Depending on your device, the display or location of data may differ.
· For more information regarding your specific device, please see the manufacturer's official website.

Now, the 4.0.0 update has gone live as of the 19th in North America, and the 20th for the rest of the world, introducing AR features and new ways to expand your campsite.

However, there have been many complaints on Reddit, Google Play, Facebook, and Twitter on the app not working on various Android devices, despite some meeting the baseline requirements.

Official release video of the AC:PC update.

Feel free to leave comments below on your experience with the new winter update!

:arrow: Animal Crossing Pocket Camp - Device Support Announcement (United States)

Last edited by HarveyHouston,

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The key sticking point is that the update refers to "Devices with 64-bit CPU", but many devices with a 64-bit CPU are still running the 32-bit version of Android. And the really silly thing is that there's not even any easy way to check if you're running a 32-bit version of Android without a third-party app like AIDA64. Not even a site like https://whatdevice.app/ will be able to tell you definitively since "armv8l" can be either 32-bit or 64-bit. Seems to me it's pretty clear there was a major miscommunication when that announcement was written.

Some commenters have suggested that Google is moving away from 32-bit apps in general and that this may be a sign of things to come. Apparently similar changes already happened with Pokemon Go?

I might ponder that they might be worried about bad press, but that didn't really stop them when they rolled out "loot boxes".

Anyway, I've sunk too much time in this game over the last few months (but no money, fortunately) and while it's an unpleasant surprise, maybe it was time to put it away anyway. I had pretty much built everything possible and the events were getting repetitive. This isn't even the first time an upgrade has taken it from me – my old phone only had 1 GB of RAM, which was only enough for one of the older versions. I can sit tight until I get a newer device one way or another.

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
now ik why p go didn't work on my phone now craptendo/niantec screwed up and made it impossiablle (unless you buy a 64bit phone) this is like an apple dick move

Reactions: IC_

HarveyHouston

Christian Modder
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since I have not heard back from the GBAtemp reporters, I'm going to assume that my article is not good enough for front page news. Oh, well; at least I was able to hit the front page once in this life.

I still think this is important, so I'll keep monitoring any comments here. Thanks for the likes and responses! :)

NOTE: My only front-page article was, ironically, also about Animal Crossing Pocket Camp: https://gbatemp.net/threads/nintend...ocket-camp-paid-subscription-services.552631/

Does anyone else notice that it's the same time of year as last year? Is it ACPC's birthday or something?

Last edited by HarveyHouston,
Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
now ik why p go didn't work on my phone now craptendo/niantec screwed up and made it impossiablle (unless you buy a 64bit phone) this is like an apple dick move
How did they screw up and how is it a dick move by Nintendo when Google has told all devs to start making apps only work on 64 bit phones.

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok let me back up abit it was GOOGLE who fucked everyone over and pulled an apple like dick move btw did google give it's android users a timely warning it would happen? seriously doubt it

5droid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still have an old samsung running 32 bit and it still runs this game. I think game developer has to provide the full 32 and 64 bit versions for mobile

Glyptofane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The update booted me from the game. I had been playing since day 1, practically everyday for almost 3 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill