1. HarvHouHacker

OP HarvHouHacker GBAtemp's "Official" Wii Rock Band Hacker

United States
    [​IMG]

Since October 28th, players of the popular Android and iOS game Animal Crossing Pocket Camp have been notified of the following announcement:
    Now, the 4.0.0 update has gone live as of the 19th in North America, and the 20th for the rest of the world, introducing AR features and new ways to expand your campsite.

However, there have been many complaints on Reddit, Google Play, Facebook, and Twitter on the app not working on various Android devices, despite some meeting the baseline requirements.

Official release video of the AC:PC update.

Feel free to leave comments below on your experience with the new winter update!

:arrow: Animal Crossing Pocket Camp - Device Support Announcement (United States)

Last edited by HarvHouHacker, Nov 21, 2020 at 11:43 PM
    Stealphie and IC_ like this.
  2. AmandaRose

AmandaRose Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan

United Kingdom
    Working perfectly on my Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra and my Huawei Mate 20 phones and also fine on my Lenovo Yoga tablet which is about 6 years old.

3. Kwyjor

Kwyjor GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    The key sticking point is that the update refers to "Devices with 64-bit CPU", but many devices with a 64-bit CPU are still running the 32-bit version of Android. And the really silly thing is that there's not even any easy way to check if you're running a 32-bit version of Android without a third-party app like AIDA64. Not even a site like https://whatdevice.app/ will be able to tell you definitively since "armv8l" can be either 32-bit or 64-bit. Seems to me it's pretty clear there was a major miscommunication when that announcement was written.

Some commenters have suggested that Google is moving away from 32-bit apps in general and that this may be a sign of things to come. Apparently similar changes already happened with Pokemon Go?

I might ponder that they might be worried about bad press, but that didn't really stop them when they rolled out "loot boxes".

Anyway, I've sunk too much time in this game over the last few months (but no money, fortunately) and while it's an unpleasant surprise, maybe it was time to put it away anyway. I had pretty much built everything possible and the events were getting repetitive. This isn't even the first time an upgrade has taken it from me – my old phone only had 1 GB of RAM, which was only enough for one of the older versions. I can sit tight until I get a newer device one way or another.

HarvHouHacker likes this.
  4. HarvHouHacker

United States
    EDITS: Forgot to add the links; I also replaced Reddit for official Nintendo Tweets. People are complaining a lot about this!

5. HarvHouHacker

United States
    Hmm, I just tried to play the video on my phone, and it works. May just be broken on my laptop's web browser.

6. chrisrlink

chrisrlink Intel Pentium III Hamster inside

United States
    now ik why p go didn't work on my phone now craptendo/niantec screwed up and made it impossiablle (unless you buy a 64bit phone) this is like an apple dick move

IC_ likes this.
  7. Crazynoob458

Crazynoob458 GBAtemp's novice ds, advanced wii homebrew guy

Australia
    HAHAJHAHUJAHaAA MY S8 CAN STILL RUN IT
    though do you really need a 64 bit phone

8. Kwyjor

Kwyjor GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    That is abundantly clear from the original announcement. It's looking like Samsung has been consistent with using 64-bit Android on their hardware.

9. HarvHouHacker

United States
    Since I have not heard back from the GBAtemp reporters, I'm going to assume that my article is not good enough for front page news. Oh, well; at least I was able to hit the front page once in this life.

I still think this is important, so I'll keep monitoring any comments here. Thanks for the likes and responses! :)

NOTE: My only front-page article was, ironically, also about Animal Crossing Pocket Camp: https://gbatemp.net/threads/nintend...ocket-camp-paid-subscription-services.552631/

Does anyone else notice that it's the same time of year as last year? Is it ACPC's birthday or something?

Last edited by HarvHouHacker, Nov 22, 2020 at 9:35 AM
  10. Kwyjor

Kwyjor GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    Yes, this hit right in the middle of the "Third Anniversary" event. They were about to announce the results on Twitter of a poll about everyone's favorite villager.

11. AmandaRose

AmandaRose Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan

United Kingdom
    How did they screw up and how is it a dick move by Nintendo when Google has told all devs to start making apps only work on 64 bit phones.

12. chrisrlink

chrisrlink Intel Pentium III Hamster inside

United States
    ok let me back up abit it was GOOGLE who fucked everyone over and pulled an apple like dick move btw did google give it's android users a timely warning it would happen? seriously doubt it

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Incompatible, Crossing, Devices