Hacking larger than 16 mb NOR use and save

monstergarden

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am using the 3in1_ExpPack_Tool.nds to load some gba roms. I am trying a game that is 32 mb and I have to use the NOR option when playing with the 3n1 EZ. The game doesn't keep the saves, I attempt to save it while playing, but when I go back to load it, it shows that there is no save.

Are there any instructions on how to save when playing games that are larger than 16 mb?

monstergarden

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It looks like that is to be used on the PC, the EZ Client that is. What do you use it for? I assumed it was to be used directly on my slot 1 flash card.

Are there details somewhere on what the client is used for?

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
It looks like that is to be used on the PC, the EZ Client that is. What do you use it for? I assumed it was to be used directly on my slot 1 flash card.

Are there details somewhere on what the client is used for?

Use GBATA, it's much more reliable on the 3-in-1. It's Windows software. Basically you just drop the GBA rom you want to patch into it, go the SRAM tab and hit patch! It'll create a file called output_XXXXXX.gba which you can either rename and replace the original rom with or you can keep the original rom as a backup. If you're using Rudolphs tool it doesn't really matter what the file name is as it uses internal information from the game to create the save name.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
No, just use GBATA, even for games that use 1024kbit saves.

The only exception is the Pokemon games, and then only if you want to link them with Diamond or Pearl on the DS. In that case, use the EZ4 Client for the save patching and run the game in NOR mode.

For pretty much every other game, use GBATA.

InuYasha

Professional Coke Fiend
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
No, just use GBATA, even for games that use 1024kbit saves.

The only exception is the Pokemon games, and then only if you want to link them with Diamond or Pearl on the DS. In that case, use the EZ4 Client for the save patching and run the game in NOR mode.

For pretty much every other game, use GBATA.

So then it is possible to load lets say pokemon emerald onto the 3in1 and transfer pokemon to a legit diamond game???

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
If you had a legit Emerald cart, you could transfer your save to it and then use that to migrate your pokeymans to the legit Diamond or Pearl cart.
Following the same line of thinking, wouldn't it also be possible to copy the Diamond/Pearl save off of the real cartridge, attach it to a D/P rom, link that to Emerald on the 3-in-1 to migrate, then transfer the complete save back to the real D/P cart? I find it really odd that no-one's thought of that before, there must be some reason why it doesn't work that I've missed... right?

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
No, but it could be done through wifi. There are various programs for transferring saves to and from retail DS and GBA games.

For DS games:
Rudolph's NDS Backup Tool (Wifi, 3-in-1, and slot 2 DLDI versions available.)

savsender (wifi only)

Eepinator (Depending on which slot 1 flashcart you have, this app may only be able to transfer saves to a retail game, not read the save from the retail cart.)

For GBA games:
Rudolph's GBA Backup Tool (Uses a slot 1 flashcart. I'm not sure if this app supports the save type used by pokemon, and I don't have any games that use that save type, so I can't test it myself.)

cart_save (Uses a slot 2 flashcart; runs in GBA mode. With the 3-in-1, you can only transfer a save to a retail GBA game, you can't read the save from a retail cart.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    they wouldn't be called french fries at that point
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Probably just meth fries