Feels Good Man

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Also, when I press "restart", it shuts off. It doesn't even reach the BIOS screen. The screen shut remains black and off.

Anyone know what's wrong with this? I reinstalled the BIOS and it didn't fix it.

foxgrey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Super quick fix that helps sometimes, unplug the power adapter, take out the battery, then hold the power button for 30 seconds. After the 30 seconds, put the battery back in, and plug in the power adapter...It sounds so simple I know, but trust me I have seen it work many times.

Snappo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does it shut down even when charging? If not you could just have a bad battery. It's happened to me before too.

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Feels Good Man said:
Also, when I press "restart", it shuts off. It doesn't even reach the BIOS screen. The screen shut remains black and off.

Anyone know what's wrong with this? I reinstalled the BIOS and it didn't fix it.

I'm slightly confused. How did you flash the bios when it doesn't even boot up? Some more detail as to what happened, or what you were doing before all this would be helpful.
smile.gif

sprogurt

Trophies
XP
Country
so can you log on or is it power button, power on for around 3 secs then off? all i can think off is running malware antbytes, combofix and microsoft essentials in safe mode (yup all 3 until it's clean). run checkdisc, and if all fails just remove the CMOS then replace it. if it's still failing take it to a local computer workshop and have them run a test on both the battery and the PSU. if they're both fine then just have them inspect it. at my work for a diagnosis it's always free.

cobleman

Trophies
XP
Country
Feels Good Man said:

Does the power light go on and off on the front panel of your laptop? Test your battery make sure its putting out full power if it is then you have just
confirmed its chargeing and it shouldnt be a dry socket on your power supply(where the power supply plugs into the laptop they tend to flex and brake the solder)
You can also try your ram next hopefully you have 2 sticks making it easy this way you take out a stick at a time and see if it boots, if not get yourself a ram test programe that runs at boot look for memory test and burn it to cd or dvd and run the tests
If the ram is ok then take your hard drive out and connect it to your PC and error check the drive
And if that fails try setting your bios to its defaults settings (but that should have been done when you flashed it)
How many beeps are sounding out?

Feels Good Man

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
It boots up after 15+ tries

I already tried running malwarebytes and a few others.

The lights turn on such as the Caps lock light, the volume bar light, and the WLAN light but it shuts off soon after.

Also, sometimes it turns on the lights then the caps lock and the numbar light start pulsing then hangs.

sprogurt

Trophies
XP
Country
just unscrew it and start by removing the ram. keep turning it on after each removal. it should give you a hardware error whilst it runs the hardware diagnostic then just replace the faulty part

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rn4vARy44iY