ROM Hack [lang. hack] Pokémon HG / SS USA Freeze solution

Status
Not open for further replies.

harjack939393

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can you put this in the original post? It's a better guide!

STEP 1:

Open your My Documents folder.

STEP 2:

Create a new folder, the name doesn't really matter

STEP 3:

Download the patch link, along with a Japanese version of Pokemon HeartGold and/or SoulSilver.

STEP 4:

Put the 3 files from the download, along with Pokemon Heartgold and/or Soulsilver in the folder you created.

STEP 5:

Run XDelta GUI.exe from the folder

STEP 6:

click "Select Patch" and doubleclick the PKM HG + SS v1.5.patch.

STEP 7:

click select ROM and doubleclick your ROM.

STEP 8:

Click Apply Patch and wait, in the folder a new file will be made with your original ROM name with "patched" added at the end.

STEP 9:

copy and paste the newly made ROM into your Games folder on your flashcart.

STEP 10:

leave the files in the folder as you may use them the next time it is updated

D

Deleted User

the patched rom appears in the same directory as the download directory (not in the same folder as the delta gui thing)

Louisvanharten

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
grr, it froze once
frown.gif

Newest YSMenu, it shouldn't happen, but it did anyway.

prosty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Another translation issue:
Kaori calls you randomly, first line is fine, everything else is in jap.

GammaForce

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok this getting annoying i put everything in the same folder, i downloaded .Net Framework 2.0, but when i click on xDelta GUI this same message about it failing to start keeps popping up, so is there something else i don't know about using this?
Cause if there is someone please tell me..

Wyden

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
GammaForce said:
Ok this getting annoying i put everything in the same folder, i downloaded .Net Framework 2.0, but when i click on xDelta GUI this same message about it failing to start keeps popping up, so is there something else i don't know about using this?
Cause if there is someone please tell me..
Have someone patch it for you, unfortunately, my bandwidth won't allow me to upload a 128mb file

erazeal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i need help please. I did everything to a T but when i try to load the patched rom it say rom image crashed. well it also does it for the unpatched rom too

jvlppm

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
i cant patch soulsilver (j),

C:\Users\João Vitor\Desktop>xdelta.exe patch "PKM HG + SS v.1.5.patch" "4160 - Pokemon Soul Silver (J)(Xenophobia).nds" a.nds
xdelta.exe: a.nds: Checksum validation failed, expected: 4cd40690a6269f90fb12d0af17c0ee42, received: 2bb0196a2744bfef60e1fd24c9e3bdcd
xdelta.exe: 4160 - Pokemon Soul Silver (J)(Xenophobia).nds: Checksum validation failed, expected: 1e22b6510d9bb4f6d2de2a1cc01ab6db, received: 7822cf4489628a424cc8a449b6bdd8bc

only one patch for both games? how could they have the same checksum?

czulki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Louisvanharten said:
grr, it froze once
frown.gif

Did it freeze in battle? I got 2 freezes during pokemon battles so far, but they were completly random. The first was after 3 hours, the second after 3 hours and 10 minutes, however I didn't have a freeze for the last 2 hours so its still ok.

EriitoOokami

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
altorn said:
I'm enjoying the PokeAthlon after defeating Whitney and catching the SudoWoodo. I'm using CycloDS.
Sigh... good thing i invested in this flashcart...
smile.gif

*removes bragging face*
Yeah, it will play like the original english but its still the japanese rom. for people who want to play this game for the sake of learning whats new and stuff, this is the way to go.. otherwise, wait a bit longer for a patch or buy the game...
smile.gif

*goes back playing Hurdle Dash with his Togetic, Haunter and Knoctowl*

Im sorry, i dont understand, how is this any diffrent from playing the (u) rom? its almost all entirely in english, so wtf? wisen up, you know nothing

EriitoOokami

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
czulki said:
Louisvanharten said:
grr, it froze once
frown.gif

Did it freeze in battle? I got 2 freezes during pokemon battles so far, but they were completly random. The first was after 3 hours, the second after 3 hours and 10 minutes, however I didn't have a freeze for the last 2 hours so its still ok.

Yes

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
jvlppm said:

C:\Users\João Vitor\Desktop>xdelta.exe patch "PKM HG + SS v.1.5.patch" "4160 - Pokemon Soul Silver (J)(Xenophobia).nds" a.nds
xdelta.exe: a.nds: Checksum validation failed, expected: 4cd40690a6269f90fb12d0af17c0ee42, received: 2bb0196a2744bfef60e1fd24c9e3bdcd
xdelta.exe: 4160 - Pokemon Soul Silver (J)(Xenophobia).nds: Checksum validation failed, expected: 1e22b6510d9bb4f6d2de2a1cc01ab6db, received: 7822cf4489628a424cc8a449b6bdd8bc

No clue, so far I only patched my SoulSilver, but I think some people confirmed it working on HeartGold as well.

user not found said:
QUOTE(Stevetry @ Mar 20 2010, 11:26 PM) wtf is this just a translation of the Japanese game >? i want to use the USA rom not a translated Japanese rom booo

Then get lost, nobody wants to hear your whining

Agreed.

GammaForce

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Stevetry said:
wtf is this just a translation of the Japanese game >? i want to use the USA rom not a translated Japanese rom booo

Dont complain its the best you have right now
lecture.gif

and how do i get some1 to patch it for me?

EriitoOokami

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Stevetry said:
wtf is this just a translation of the Japanese game >? i want to use the USA rom not a translated Japanese rom booo

Whats wrong with using an almost fully translated (the text is EXACTLY the same as the (u) rom) japanese rom?

Posts merged

ZeWarrior said:
jvlppm said:

No clue, so far I only patched my SoulSilver, but I think some people confirmed it working on HeartGold as well.

user not found said:
QUOTE(Stevetry @ Mar 20 2010, 11:26 PM)

Then get lost, nobody wants to hear your whining

Agreed.

I can confirm it works on HG too, im playing it right now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: https://youtu.be/heNQ-22Mqnk?si=B4bTa9MKZkRNCkxU +1