OP
Trophies
Website
www.neshq.com
XP
Country
United States
Hey all,

newb question here but I am using Lameboy, a Cyclo, and using the ROM of Pokemon TCG (great game btw, USA version)

When I play the game, and use the save function, bult into the game (diary for those who have played it), but it will not save, as well as if I use Lameboy's save (X button) it will say its saved, but wil not, load the saved file.

Somehow I did get the game to save at around 30 minutes in, but if I try to save past that point it, always reverts back to the 30 minute save.

Example, I saved at the grass club, so I go and fight a few battles in the rock club, and save, when I load the game again, I am back at the grass club

I am using the version of Lameboy hosted here on the Temp (.9)

What am I doing wrong?

any help is welcome

Thxns

Mr.Mister

Trophies
Website
forum.72dpiarmy.com
XP
Country
United States
Try this, after you are done playing your game press R and on the first menu that pops up on the bottom screen, then scroll down and click Exit. The game should save and then take you back to your ROM list.

Otherwise you need to press X to save the SRAM as someEBfan stated.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Two things:
1. Upgrade to the latest version 0.11, available at http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=2246
2. As was stated by others, the order in which you save is important. When you save in-game, Lameboy updates its emulated SRAM but does not write this data to the *.sav file on your card. To update the *.sav file, you press X. So first save in-game, then press X to finalize it. Using the Exit function also automatically updates the *.sav file.

maxmouse2008

OP
Trophies
Website
www.neshq.com
XP
Country
United States
Sorry guys/girls, been busy with work/class/ect

Okay, so I figured it out, saving in the game then using the X button works, I can't use the "exit using the R" button as my R button doesn't work (DS Phat, and yes I tried the blowing method with no dice, oh well time for a new DS anyway).

Thank you all very much, and I will update tonight.

-happily plays more Pokemon TCG-

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-