Homebrew RELEASE Lakka.tv - turn your Switch into a RetroArch powered retrogaming console - includes PSX, N64 and PSP

Status
Not open for further replies.

kofman13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so this can do PSX and n64? i thought it wasnt possible because of no hardware acceleration on homebrew yet?

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Did anyone try to boot lakka through new Hekate 4?

From Mr. "Poll no one gives a damn about" I am flattered!
2018-08-29.png

Me when I see this:
5dd.jpg

Reactions: Deleted User

KHEOPS

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi everybody
I am sad to browse this thread and see, some comment ... must be cool, I do not see.post that specifies the quality of the filters, except a post of some neogeo game with filter caligari I think, I have a gpdxd, android arc browser, retroarch, everything is fullspeed, with filter aperture grillX4, + shader, yes 60 fps, even better than that I play at the nes, snes, the megadrive or genesis us, neogeo, arcade , atari2600 until psx ebboot pcsx rearmed, so I buy a switch, and the only thing that works is retronX, managed to stuck an overlay aperture, it's better than nothing but far from my gpdxd m ' offers for 180 € quadcore 1.8mhz gpu mali, so I want to test lakka, I play a mario64 filter + shader with parallei core retroarch, I can force the fullspeed at 60 fps 60hz, when is it from lakka? so yes I do not wait for an answer of the style you only have tried you will see ...
mouah! ah! ah!
I do not speak about the sound quality of the switch compared to flash dolby athmos on my android console, the switch has a volume too low, you can not hear anything with the volume at the bottom, and lakka we hear nothing at all all course, except with bluetooth etc ... short congratulation to the dev de lakka, a long way is to go before putting his gpdxd to the retriever, and the x1 take the respeve piur can be exceeded the hardware limit of the gpdxd, and benefited from ps2 or gamecube in fullspeed, as on the nvidia shield and nintendo could make the gamecube possible ...
and for those who say that you should not buy switch for emulation, I answer that there is more powerful on android, with a dockable tv option, and bluetooth joystick? not much apart from the big smartphone has 900euros and 4 hours of autonomy without jostick, in short you see where I want to come ??

Last edited by KHEOPS,

natinusala

Win32 error 31 is not an error
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi everybody
I am sad to browse this thread and see, some comment ... must be cool, I do not see.post that specifies the quality of the filters, except a post of some neogeo game with filter caligari I think, I have a gpdxd, android arc browser, retroarch, everything is fullspeed, with filter aperture grillX4, + shader, yes 60 fps, even better than that I play at the nes, snes, the megadrive or genesis us, neogeo, arcade , atari2600 until psx ebboot pcsx rearmed, so I buy a switch, and the only thing that works is retronX, managed to stuck an overlay aperture, it's better than nothing but far from my gpdxd m ' offers for 180 € quadcore 1.8mhz gpu mali, so I want to test lakka, I play a mario64 filter + shader with parallei core retroarch, I can force the fullspeed at 60 fps 60hz, when is it from lakka? so yes I do not wait for an answer of the style you only have tried you will see ...
mouah! ah! ah!
I do not speak about the sound quality of the switch compared to flash dolby athmos on my android console, the switch has a volume too low, you can not hear anything with the volume at the bottom, and lakka we hear nothing at all all course, except with bluetooth etc ... short congratulation to the dev de lakka, a long way is to go before putting his gpdxd to the retriever, and the x1 take the respeve piur can be exceeded the hardware limit of the gpdxd, and benefited from ps2 or gamecube in fullspeed, as on the nvidia shield and nintendo could make the gamecube possible ...
and for those who say that you should not buy switch for emulation, I answer that there is more powerful on android, with a dockable tv option, and bluetooth joystick? not much apart from the big smartphone has 900euros and 4 hours of autonomy without jostick, in short you see where I want to come ??

No

KHEOPS

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well simply that the switch, has the best hardware quality price, portability, to become the queen of mobile emulation, any consoles confused, do you know a docked smartphone that has 60℅ more power? and the system of your switch connected in nomad does it damage your switch? no, does that heat up too much? no, do this on smartphone genre pubg max parametre and plug the sector is in 6 months I expect the report ... on the state of your battery ...

Last edited by KHEOPS,

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Deleted member 461907

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

sirAnger

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can either create a dummy hekate .ini file with at least one entry, or you can download the one from tomger's sd files. Or I think you can also rename and move the lakka.ini file to match hekate.ini

Take these ideas with a grain of salt, I haven't tried any of them tbh.

Last edited by sirAnger,
Reactions: lordelan

Deleted member 461907

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can either create a dummy hekate .ini file with at least one entry, or you can download the one from tomger's sd files. Or I think you can also rename and move the lakka.ini file to match hekate.ini

Take these ideas with a grain of salt, I haven't tried any of them tbh.
I downloaded the tumGER file and got it all booted up. Man, it's effing exiting to have this running on my switch!

Deleted member 461907

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there a guide to use this with xecuter
See my above post, I did it for the first time tonight. Get the tunGER SD zip, that will have the hekate payload on it. Put that, along with the lakka files on your sd card. Boot SX OS, select custom payload, load hekate. From inside the hekate payload you will have the ability to launch the lakka payload.

KHEOPS

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Okay, that'll do it, folks.Just gave me time
Cause it's gonna be hard when I get back into the technical business.
Just so we understand each other..Not a big problem.
I haven't tested lakka yet.
But a question, can we use shaders, or overlay?
Because otherwise the rendering is not very good

Last edited by KHEOPS,

Deleted member 461907

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, that'll do it, folks.Just gave me time
Cause it's gonna be hard when I get back into the technical business.
Just so we understand each other..Not a big problem.
I haven't tested lakka yet.
But a question, can we use shaders, or overlay?
Because otherwise the rendering is not very good
Yes, shaders worked fine for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart: ye