Homebrew RELEASE Lakka.tv - turn your Switch into a RetroArch powered retrogaming console - includes PSX, N64 and PSP

Status
Not open for further replies.

CuriousTommy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could you add that as a patch and upstream that in Lakka ? Assuming it doesn't break GCC < 8

I am not sure if I am the right person to submit a patch since I don't really know how the Lakka's build system works. I did bring it up to the developer who responded in my thread, so I'll see what he or she has to say on the matter.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do any of you asking this question know of a Linux distro that launches from an exfat file system? No? Then seriously, shut up and stop asking.

"Linux does not support the exFAT partition type yet. And even when Linux does support exFAT, you still won't be able to install Ubuntu on an exFAT partition, because exFAT does not support UNIX file permissions"

--quoted from a 2013 Ubuntu forum post

Last edited by urherenow,

Purple_Heart

GBATemp´s weirdest Individual
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This will never have exfat support in the foreseeable future, and it's already been asked to death in this thread.

how the hell should i know that?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@uherenow ...shut up? whats your problem.. not everyone is familiar with linux.....no need to be unfriendly

Crashdummyy

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@uherenow ...shut up? whats your problem.. not everyone is familiar with linux.....no need to be unfriendly
As Exfat is flooded with patents it will (probably) indefinitely reside just in the User Space, too.

D

Deleted User

By using the search function. Don't just stroll in here and call everyone rude for telling you how it is, exfat will never be supported with lakka and that's the end of it.

I'm not trying to be rude but this information is easily available if you look for it.

Reactions: SuzieJoeBob

Duhasst0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doesn't matter, you're extra annoying when you ask that since at least 100 other posts in this thread ask the same thing. So read, then read again, and incase you didn't understand 100% of it then read it again. Plus exfat won't be the only fs in Linux to either get no support or experimental support, same thing happens with ntfs except usually the kernel get compiled with ntfs reading if the installer, be it user or os installation, picks up that one of the deives in your computer has an ntfs fs on it.

But the short answer is no, it will probably never be so please quit asking.

mariogamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just to be sure, when connected to a wifi network, does the "Online" tag means the wifi is connected (or only passwaord connected)?

Taorn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,
i'm having trouble to connect my Switch to my router while running Lakka.
The Switch connects just fine when using Horizon.

* I can see my WIFI-AP when opening WI-FI
* After entering my passphrase, i manually press the ENTER icon
* After confirming the passphrase nothing happens
* The device is not connected to my router, as indicated through Information -> Network Information (Shows only localhost)

Is there any physical button i have to press to confirm the passphrase?

Regards

natinusala

Win32 error 31 is not an error
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You need to press ENTER or the + key (right joycon) to validate. Make sure you don't have a mac filter.

Taorn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to press ENTER or the + key (right joycon) to validate. Make sure you don't have a mac filter.

Tried it with both ENTER and the physical + key. To no avail. The Switch mac address is registered. Deactivating the mac filter also didn't help.
Is there any log file that i could consult?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol