Homebrew RELEASE Lakka.tv - turn your Switch into a RetroArch powered retrogaming console - includes PSX, N64 and PSP

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonsofun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PSX emulator works on Lakka.

As far as I know switch homebrew in Horizon needs hardware acceleration and I have no idea how long for that.

LuigiGold

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Any general ballpark idea on when we're gonna have a PSX Emu on switch? Based on what i've seen on android is definitely possible, so I'm guessing is just a matter of months?
What?

There's already a PSX emulator both for Lakka and Horizon.

The Lakka one is supported, but the homebrew version, no, since it's slow as fuck.

Greetings.

EDIT: @DocBo Win32 error is NOT supported (also it isn't truly an error here).

Greetings.

Last edited by LuigiGold,

elhefegaming

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What?

The Lakka one is supported, but the homebrew version, no, since it's slow as fuck.

Greetings.

Greetings.
Fully working with sound and good fps?

Maybe I should've been clearer. I meant homebrew emulator.
You know, something that's easy to use from any CFW, on any switch (to date) and not having to go through injectors and stuff

Last edited by elhefegaming,

natinusala

Win32 error 31 is not an error
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
SX OS 1.3 already has a battery fix included for Linux .So if you have 1.3 you are good. Lakka doesn't support SX OS because of who they are. But SX OS works with Lakak really well and battery fix anyways .

What has SX OS to do with Lakka ? There's nothing to support, it's litteraly a different operating system

Reactions: Kioku

Chipidy

Trophies
Website
www.chipidychipgaming.com
XP
Country
Canada
What has SX OS to do with Lakka ? There's nothing to support, it's litteraly a different operating system
As stated on team Xecuter's website with the 1.3 update of SX OS 1.3
  • Add low battery reconfiguration on bootup
    Some users were having battery issues after playing around with Switch Linux custom payload. This fixes the "battery desync" issue every time you boot your switch. If you weren't use Switch Linux there's nothing to worry, otherwise; enjoy your penguins AND enjoy your horizon OS!
    1f600.svg

Reactions: Zytos

intellettuanale

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
What?

Greetings.

Greetings.

I got the same error! Isn't there a way to fix it?
A few weeks ago I installed a previous version successfully. Only with the last I had this... Why?

natinusala

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
As stated on team Xecuter's website with the 1.3 update of SX OS 1.3
  • Add low battery reconfiguration on bootup
    Some users were having battery issues after playing around with Switch Linux custom payload. This fixes the "battery desync" issue every time you boot your switch. If you weren't use Switch Linux there's nothing to worry, otherwise; enjoy your penguins AND enjoy your horizon OS!

You do know they ripped work from perillamint, right ? They just added it once all the work was done. You don't need this to fix your battery.

Reactions: Eternam

Jackxlj

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not aaking for an ETA,just wondering if anyone is working in getting joycons to charge. I tried it,but the joycons got really hot and stopped responding

natinusala

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
That's where SQ left his driver at. If he continues working on it, he will fix the charge.

MrWhosHacking

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lakka is a Linux distribution aimed at turning small computer devices into retrogaming consoles. It is a minimal operating system using RetroArch as a front-end - it contains nothing more, nothing less than required for RetroArch and its 100+ supported consoles and standalone games.

And guess what - it runs on the Switch too, using the magic of ShofEL2 ! Prepare your SD card, boot the system and you're ready to go !

You can find everything needed on this website : https://lakka-switch.github.io/documentation/

I suggest you read the FAQ as it already covers common issues and questions. The official Lakka documentation can also help.

The system is not perfect yet, some issues are still present (audio through Bluetooth, wifi only working after a reboot...). However, it is playable and I feel like it's ready for a (first) release. If you want to contribute, don't hesitate to make a PR or message me directly !

If you want to talk or follow the developpement of RetroArch on the Switch (both homebrew and Lakka), feel free to join this Discord server : https://discord.gg/VZDWqXU

Enjoy ;)

the battery issue is it fixed..

Tonydaexpert

C++ Pleb, but with a Monado
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice! and once sound is fully supported this is gonna be amazing! and props for Lakka hosting a bounty for developers to improve the dolphin emulator on Switch!

Reactions: Fadi5555
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1