Hacking Question Ktemkin still working on Atmosphere?

Status
Not open for further replies.

skedone

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So because it wasn't released on a date that was never confirmed this is cause for you to believe the CFW is never coming?

What about the commits to the GitHub by SciresM or the discussions taking place in the reswitched Discord?

If you have no evidence other than theories and crazy speculation then it's probably best you don't share. It has been proven MULTIPLE times that Atmosphere is still being worked on. SciresM has commented in the Atmosphere thread MULTIPLE times stating that it is not dead. It has been shown MULTIPLE times that the so called release date was never confirmed as a release date, it was a disclosure window created by Ktemkin as the developer who found the exploit, this was decided upon to give Nintendo and other Manufacturers who used the vulnerable SOC/Chipset adequate time to do something about it. RCM was only discovered because it was leaked by someone.

No a date wasn't given but they all stated they had a working cfw was just going thru bug fixing ect , and as they kept saying theres was far better than teamexcuter and that teamexcuter would only steal there work, if that's the case were is there software ? Also this whole post was based on speculation lol

Last edited by skedone,

lembi2001

Trophies
XP
Country
But you stated it would never come out....

Are you still standing by that statement even though you have been given proof it is still being worked on?

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
Hi I would like to know if Ktemkin is still working on Atmosphere?
He's done very little compared to the other project members, even calling his fusee launcher a contribution is almost unreasonable given how little effort it takes to implement. Why do you need to know about him?

skedone

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But you stated it would never come out....

Are you still standing by that statement even though you have been given proof it is still being worked on?
Mate I'm still working on sybian based emu that's never been released and a custom madOS for my old 33XX lol commenting means nothing and yes that seems to be the only team actually doing anything but bicker lol

Reactions: tiliarou

Risingdawn

Tempallica
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
From what I could gather KT was not really much of a gamer. Past the bootrom exploit I would imagine KT would have little interest in the project; it's inevitable piracy access would be a big turn off if they were interested in a capatilist career too.

Aurora Wright

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
He's done very little compared to the other project members, even calling his fusee launcher a contribution is almost unreasonable given how little effort it takes to implement. Why do you need to know about him?
I'm sure you have at least found another exploitable bootROM vulnerability and implemented it, yes? Other than, of course, writing a Tegra SDMMC driver.

Kate did not find the flaw, F0F (shuffle) was the one who disclosed it.
https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/product-security/ -> Acknowledgments. The flaw was found and implemented independently: I somehow get the feeling nvidia is a trustable source.

Last edited by Quantumcat, , Reason: Removed inflammatory comments

AllBlackWakanda

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Anyhow, to steer this thread back on its track: if you could take the time to read fail0verflow's blog (blog/2018/shofel2/) you could make up from it that it was F0F who found the exploit first, right?

Last edited by Quantumcat, , Reason: Delete reply to deleted post

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure you have at least found another exploitable bootROM vulnerability and implemented it, yes? Other than, of course, writing a Tegra SDMMC driver.
Writing a python script that takes advantage of an exploit is not the same as discovering an exploit. By the way, where's your implementations of said software? Nice fallacy.

Last edited by Huntereb,

AkikoKumagara

The Coolest Bear Around
Trophies
Website
thebearsden.web.fc2.com
XP
Country
United States
Anyhow, to steer this thread back on its track: if you could take the time to read fail0verflow's blog (blog/2018/shofel2/) you could make up from it that it was F0F who found the exploit first, right?
This was published before that http://misc.ktemkin.com/fusee_gelee_nvidia.pdf
We'll probably never know unless we dig to find out who talked about it first, and honestly it doesn't matter who discovered it first, as they both discovered it at some point before the other released info about it. We can gather that by the fact that both were able to do something with it independently of one another.
All else being said, I did see F0F's video with the scroll text when it dropped. I'm not positive if that's the very first thing out there or not, though.

Last edited by AkikoKumagara,
Reactions: wicksand420
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 20 some years later crash bandicoot still pisses me off