RELEASE Kosmos - A Hekate CFW-package

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by tomGER, Jun 4, 2018.

1. nutsack

nutsack Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 14, 2018
    United States
    Does Kosmos still require deleting the modules folder on your SD card when updating to a new version? I saw in older versions they said to delete that folder and people who didn't complained of bricks when updating. Has that changed with v12?

If I want to upgrade from an older sdsetup (Kosmos v11.5 / AMS 0.8.1 / firmware 6.2.0) what exactly should I delete from my microSD and what should I keep before installing everything from the sdsetup zip file to my microSD? Assuming I want to keep all my installed nsp games of course.

2. bird333

bird333 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 13, 2018
    United States
    I had Kosmos 11 and I used the updater to update to 12. When I boot with Hekate 4.6 I get this new fancy splash screen but then the switch seems to boot normally. I don't get to choose CFW and homebrew is not in the 'album'. Help

3. jorgesd

jorgesd GBAtemp Regular

Dec 28, 2018
    East Timor
    enter hbmenu -> kosmos toolbox -> disable autoobot. I had that problem too. I prefer to boot into hekate first so all that i did was disable autoboot from kosmos toolbox

4. bird333

bird333 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 13, 2018
    United States
    But I can't seem to get into HB. It's not in the 'album' like it used to be. Is there a key combo to get into it?

5. Xoo00o0o0o

Xoo00o0o0o Xoo00o0o0o is in the house

Apr 23, 2009
    United States
    Dallas, TX
    Press and hold R while clicking on the Album now. That behavior changed with an Atmosphere update.

6. bird333

bird333 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 13, 2018
    United States
    Thanks. I got it.

7. stick267

stick267 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 17, 2018
    United States
    From the v12 readme:

nutsack likes this.
  8. paulzheng

paulzheng GBAtemp Regular

Dec 10, 2013
    China

hey master. thanks for release kosmosv12 official version.
    there is a small issue in it. not a big problem.
    sd:atmosphere/loader.ini, a config text files. at the 3rd row is "override_any_app=ture",
    it cause the console cann't run any games when you switch on "overide application by default" in kosmos toolbox.

i thinks it should be change into "false". not "ture".

9. switshgam0r

switshgam0r GBAtemp Regular

Jul 4, 2018
    Germany
    Hi, I have no title pictures in the hb appstore

Attached Files:

10. Checcolino80

Checcolino80 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 10, 2018
    Italy
    After installing Kosmos with Atmosphere mario kart 8 presented glitches the vehicles are unmanned without music even the game Doom does not load, it freezes at the screen after the connection attempt

Last edited by Checcolino80, Apr 13, 2019
  11. Dt123

Dt123 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 18, 2015
    United States
    I'm getting the the game card cannot be read at boot error, I can still launch my games from the sd card, but this error pops up at each boot. I can't access atmosphere settings either.
    The only thing i did different is download the Kosmos defaults whereas normally i remove anything i won't use.
    I deleted atmosphere,modules,sept & bootloader folders before updating.
    I've tried using the repair archive bit option via hekate but that didn't help either.
    I've also tried deleting the above folders and copying over the files again but same issue.

I tried wiping the sdcard and copying back the files from before nothing.
    The new kosmos package doesn't help either...

12. tomGER
    OP

tomGER GBAtemp Fan

Feb 6, 2017
    Germany
    Are you on exFAT?

13. mitcha

mitcha مجاهد صنديد مقاتل عنيد

Dec 20, 2015
    Algeria
    collo (chullu)
    happen to me 2 days earlier , i was on exfat without problem until this corruption happen, i just backup all the stuff on the sdcard and format it to fat32 ,everytving is working now.
    if you ask how to install +4go games , i use nspdivider and install with goldleaf or tinfoil you can also use the usb install ,no need to split the games
    hope it help you.

Last edited by mitcha, Apr 28, 2019
    Hayato213 likes this.
  14. iRawriLaugh

iRawriLaugh That gay guy.

Mar 3, 2011
    United States
    Altamonte Springs, Florida
    I'm on 8.0.1 with the latest files. Everything seems to work fine, but MK 11 won't load at all. I install, load up and it crashes, says that it's corrupted. Maybe it's the sigpatches? Trying another NSP, will get back.

15. WiseFool

WiseFool GBAtemp Regular

Sep 3, 2018
    India
    I just updated kosmos today to the latest version. I enabled ldn_mitm and it asked to reboot. After reboot I'm stuck at Nintendo switch logo. How to fix this. Please help me.

Sent from my POCO F1 using Tapatalk

16. Asia81

Asia81 In my Ecchi World <3

Nov 15, 2014
    France
    hello,

how do you use ams save redirection to sd?

thanks!

17. ZachyCatGames

ZachyCatGames GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jun 19, 2018
    United States
    Hell
    change "fsmitm_redirect_saves_to_sd = u8!0x0" in atmosphere/system_settings.ini to "fsmitm_redirect_saves_to_sd = u8!0x1" (just change the last 0 to a 1)

Asia81 likes this.
  18. paulzheng

Dec 10, 2013
    China
    what it means?

19. kekoroto

kekoroto Member

Newcomer
    Mar 20, 2019
    Spain
    Granada
    It means that you activate that feature. The u8!0x1 is just a coded version of value = 1 (i. e. Activated).

20. paulzheng

Dec 10, 2013
    China
    sorry dude. i mean want is "fsmitm_redirect_saves_to_sd = u8!0"

Last edited by paulzheng, May 10, 2019