OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
The ability to introduce your parents to your digital girlfriend in New Love Plus is exciting (although probably not for your parents... please make sure they're sitting down first), but it's just one of the many new features Konami's crack team of lovers is working on for the 3DS title.

Going along with our earlier report, here are some of the other features mentioned in Famitsu's seven page preview this week (as passed along at Sokuho).

As mentioned earlier, the game supports book mode, where you hold the 3DS with the two screens horizontally lined up. Apparently, the game will continue to support 3D output even in this mode.

[UPDATE 16:20 -- I got my tates and yokos mixed up. The game actually supports 3D only in the system's standard holding position, not in book mode.]

The game will have a far greater number of items for the girls to wear. Screenshots in Famitsu show an example of the girl wearing a ring on her left ring finger (!!!).

The game will support wireless play between friends. Player support is listed as 1 to 3. Apparently, the girls will become friendly with one-another through this form of play. They'll end up going out on play dates together and will send pics of their exploits to you.

Konami is adding weather effects to the game. The weather will change as you play. When it rains, the girls will carry an umbrella to school.

Here's something that has been promised for some time but without details on how it will be achieved. New Love Plus will let you import your data from the DS Love Plus games. You'll even get some bonuses for doing this. Konami and Nintendo are currently investigating how to implement this feature.

The magazine has a few additional details on the all new Boyfriend Lock system. The game uses face recognition to recognize your face. If someone else tries to play the game, your girlfriend will say such things as "And who might you be?" and will refrain from acting in a girlfriendy way to the impostor. The recognition is apparently powerful enough to tell who you are even if you take off your glasses or hat.

You can turn this feature off the Boyfriend Lock feature if you like.

The "parent introduction" mode mentioned in our previous article is actually just a general "Girlfriend Introduction" mode. In this mode, you can introduce your girlfriend to real life acquaintances and family members. This mode supports gyro controls, allowing your friends to check out your girl from various angles.

In an interview with the magazine, series senior producer Akari Uchida and poducer Akihiro Ishihara revealed that the game will have an all new system that will surprise players. It's something that's being developed with the cooperation of Nintendo. They did not provide details.

Uchida and Ishihara also said that they're considering adding an actual "parent introduction" mode to the game. It's unclear how this would differ from the general Girlfriend Introduction mode... but I'm sure they'd find a way to make something outlandish.

Source

The boyfriend lock feature will be handy to keep siblings and such from playing but the parental introduction system is kinda crossing the line a bit. Konami is doing a good job on the game though but I want to know this "new system" they are working on and I don't approve of the parental introduction system. There's also a yuri mode in the works.

boktor666

Gbatemp's official Solar Boy™ Is Back!
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So, boyfriend lock, new features, new graphics, 3D mode, a possible wedding system (the ring on finger, could that be engagement?) and some other nice things. Konami just made the new generation Simulator, Love. I have to say, although im not really a fan or something this game could be really intresting, since there also is a Yuri mode, its way more.. yeh audience spread wise thingish...

I, however, expect the critics not to be so happy about this new features, i dunno why, but i can feel it.

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
boktor666 said:
So, boyfriend lock, new features, new graphics, 3D mode, a possible wedding system (the ring on finger, could that be engagement?) and some other nice things. Konami just made the new generation Simulator, Love. I have to say, although im not really a fan or something this game could be really intresting, since there also is a Yuri mode, its way more.. yeh audience spread wise thingish...

I, however, expect the critics not to be so happy about this new features, i dunno why, but i can feel it.

I don't think it'll be the game critics that will complain, they'll praise the new features but it may attract unwanted attention from a certain Tokyo governor.

I'm thinking of the unfortunate implications from having the parent introduction option, prepare for families disowning sons.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
Am I the only one who doesn't see the point in these games? I've always felt that games should give you the opportunity to break free of reality, do things you couldn't do under normal circumstances, like fly an Arwing in an interplanetary war, or blast through a loop-the-loop in a hovercar at over a thousand miles an hour. It's not difficult to go out into the world and meet real girls. Especially if you're like me, blessed with a lack of facial anomolies and I have my own wolf.

Unless you have a face like a post office worker that got caught in the sorting machine, I fail to see how this game has any value whatsoever.

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Blaze163 said:
Am I the only one who doesn't see the point in these games? I've always felt that games should give you the opportunity to break free of reality, do things you couldn't do under normal circumstances, like fly an Arwing in an interplanetary war, or blast through a loop-the-loop in a hovercar at over a thousand miles an hour. It's not difficult to go out into the world and meet real girls. Especially if you're like me, blessed with a lack of facial anomolies and I have my own wolf.

Unless you have a face like a post office worker that got caught in the sorting machine, I fail to see how this game has any value whatsoever.

You are breaking free from reality, you are dating and eventually marrying the perfect girlfriend, there is no such thing in real life. Oh yeah have you ever looked more into the game Second Life, if so this would make a whole lot more sense to you if you done the research on the game.

Blaze163

Trophies
XP
Country
Hop2089 said:
Blaze163 said:

You are breaking free from reality, you are dating and eventually marrying the perfect girlfriend, there is no such thing in real life. Oh yeah have you ever looked more into the game Second Life, if so this would make a whole lot more sense to you if you done the research on the game.

I dunno, I reckon the perfect woman's out there somewhere. If it wasn't for the fact that she's fucked off to New Zealand, about as far away from here as she can get, I'd have said my friend Sian would've been in with a fairly solid attempt at the title.

Besides, what makes these virtual girls 'perfect', exactly? Everybody has unique tastes. The chances of a game character hitting every single point on your checklist is virtually negligible. Ergo it makes more sense to not waste time on a game like this with a hopelessly limited selection and go out into the wider world to increase your chances of finding that one perfect person. I admit the chances of any of us finding our one perfect companion are pretty slim, but those chances are exponentially increased by meeting real people, right?

That and to me a key part of any relationship, perfect or otherwise, is the more physical side. You go right ahead and fuck your 3DS if you like, I'll stick to human girls if you don't mind.

Isabelyes

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Blaze163 said:
I dunno, I reckon the perfect woman's out there somewhere. If it wasn't for the fact that she's fucked off to New Zealand, about as far away from here as she can get, I'd have said my friend Sian would've been in with a fairly solid attempt at the title.

Besides, what makes these virtual girls 'perfect', exactly? Everybody has unique tastes. The chances of a game character hitting every single point on your checklist is virtually negligible. Ergo it makes more sense to not waste time on a game like this with a hopelessly limited selection and go out into the wider world to increase your chances of finding that one perfect person. I admit the chances of any of us finding our one perfect companion are pretty slim, but those chances are exponentially increased by meeting real people, right?

That and to me a key part of any relationship, perfect or otherwise, is the more physical side. You go right ahead and fuck your 3DS if you like, I'll stick to human girls if you don't mind.

Personally, I think it's having a girl act all nice, friendly and lovey-dovey to you /without/ having to deal with her problems might be one this genre's main selling points.
Call it sad; I think it's understandable. After all, nowadays, games strive to feel 'real' (not exactly realistic, but not virtual, either);
you can't really blame a person for getting too immersed in a dating sim as elaborate as Love Plus.

Edit: I guess being able to just put her on hold for a while might help, too. ^-^
Really though, it's like asking why you would masturbate if you could just have sex with a real girl.
It (both masturbation and Love Plus) is available whenever you want it, and you can do whatever you want without hurting another one's feelings. There's a reason this game was made for Handhelds, after all. :3

In the end, I can understand why you wouldn't like it; I haven't ever played a game like this myself, either, so I can't really comment on it. However, I can definitely see its appeal, and it might not be for you - or, for that matter, for me, too - but there are a lot of people out there who enjoy games like this.

boktor666

Gbatemp's official Solar Boy™ Is Back!
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
isabelyes, i got somewhat spaced out by your message there, comparing the masturbation with the game... however you are quite right. This game is just to simulate, without having to go through troubles. However, i guess that the familly would disagree a bit.. just because it doesnt feel right for them. I wonder if it will come to eu/us markets this time?

Isabelyes

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
boktor666 said:
isabelyes, i got somewhat spaced out by your message there, comparing the masturbation with the game... however you are quite right. This game is just to simulate, without having to go through troubles. However, i guess that the familly would disagree a bit.. just because it doesnt feel right for them. I wonder if it will come to eu/us markets this time?

Haha~ ^-^
Well, you shouldn't take it /that/ literally.
It's about relationships more than anything else.
I just thought I'd compare it to masturbating because, even if 'Tempers haven't ever had sex or a girfriend, even if they've never played a game like this or read a romance novel - they sure as hell will have masturbated at least once in their lives.
...I guess.

Anyway, I /think/ - though I'm not sure - that LovePlus gives the same kind of 'pleasure', by lack of a less insinuating word, as a romance novel. It's about making you feel love without its difficulties; in that sense, it is as perfect as it gets - far better than reality, at least.
I'm not antisocial enough to suggest that games are superior to girls, but if you're bad with girls (like me ;_; ) or if you've experienced some kind of trauma or something, Dating Sims are quite a viable solution.

Blaze163

Trophies
XP
Country
I find it amusing that you state how an advantage of Love Plus and wanking is that they're available any time, implying that casual sex is not. Have you never been to Coventry? The state of moral decay in this crud hole makes getting laid laughably easy. Seriously. I've been here seven years, two of which I spent in a serious relationship, the other five I've not exactly been lacking in 'entertainment' for thanks in no small part to the tennis club full of hot 19 year olds in those tight white outfits down the road
tongue.gif

Isabelyes

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Blaze163 said:
I find it amusing that you state how an advantage of Love Plus and wanking is that they're available any time, implying that casual sex is not. Have you never been to Coventry? The state of moral decay in this crud hole makes getting laid laughably easy. Seriously. I've been here seven years, two of which I spent in a serious relationship, the other five I've not exactly been lacking in 'entertainment' for thanks in no small part to the tennis club full of hot 19 year olds in those tight white outfits down the road
tongue.gif

I am 15 years old. I've never had sex, nor do I know what a (?) 'Coventry' is.
However, if fucking horny drunk 19 year-old girls is your idea of love...
Yes, of course a girlfriend is better. But Dating Sims are for people who either don't have the time, or couldn't bear the shame of just fucking random girls around. As I've already stated, I haven't played a Dating Sim before, but I'm sure as hell that hearing a virtual girl - or, hell, even a little sister - say something like "I love you, Onii-chan" would make me feel loved more than a random drunk girl possibly could.

You say that sex is available at any time. If we're talking about girlfriends - and we are - then I would find it somewhat disrespectful to a girl to just go like, "hey, let's have sex right now.", and even if I wouldn't, the average girl I know would.

Dating Sims aren't so much a physical pleasure as they are a mental one.
Also, even though this isn't true for Love Plus, they offer a wide - and wild - range of situations, that arouse both body and mind.
To take a rather extreme example - you can't exactly tentacle-[censored] girls in real life, can you now?

Blaze163

Trophies
XP
Country
isabelyes said:
Blaze163 said:
tongue.gif

Yes, of course a girlfriend is better. But Dating Sims are for people who either don't have the time, or couldn't bear the shame of just fucking random girls around. As I've already stated, I haven't played a Dating Sim before, but I'm sure as hell that hearing a virtual girl - or, hell, even a little sister - say something like "I love you, Onii-chan" would make me feel loved more than a random drunk girl possibly could.

You say that sex is available at any time. If we're talking about girlfriends - and we are - then I would find it somewhat disrespectful to a girl to just go like, "hey, let's have sex right now.", and even if I wouldn't, the average girl I know would.

Also, even though this isn't true for Love Plus, they offer a wide - and wild - range of situations, that arouse both body and mind.
To take a rather extreme example - you can't exactly tentacle-[censored] girls in real life, can you now?

Coventry's a city here in the UK. See this way

Isabelyes

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Blaze163 said:
isabelyes said:
Blaze163 said:
tongue.gif

Coventry's a city here in the UK. See this way

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
Hop2089 said:
Raika said:
This had better not be exclusive to Japan.

Has there ever been a successful dating sim on any console in the US or Europe? It's obvious.
;A;
I kinda expected it. >: BUT I STILL CAN HOPE!
... Okay, there's no hope. ;A;

And lol at the thread getting slightly derailed.
laugh.gif

Ringo619

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ima try the love plus for the nds i saw a translate project going on in the rom and hacking section

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I see myself embarrassed by reading this topic. I just can´t go along these games. They´re for lifeless people!, what the fuck?! I mean, it´s ok to look upon younger people, but why don´t you just go out your house and staring enjoying real life? :wtf:

I mean, "dates" may be fun enough, but trust me, why´d you be in love with a computer? What about the physical contact, the feelings (which should be always real...!), when she(or he) bothers you to go out, enjoy time.

Would you even say: "Hey! Here´s my new girlfriend!", she loves me, oh wait low battery charge, I won´t eat until she does

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    haddad @ haddad: anyone online can help me with my new 2ds xl please...