Clock Up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
504xpeacewalker.jpg

QUOTE said:
In a press release Q&A issued by Konami today, Metal Gear creator Hideo Kojima stresses the importance of the PSP installment of the Metal Gear Solid series, calling it, "a MGS5-class game."

While the PlayStation Portable is no stranger to side stories and throwaway tie-ins to otherwise major game franchises, that simply isn't the case with Metal Gear Solid: Peacewalker. Kojima is up to his arms in the title, assuring fans that Peace Walker is an important part of the MGS series.

This game is an MGS5-class game. I am supervising, designing, producing, directing, and editing this title together with the MGS4 team. Therefore in that sense, "METAL GEAR SOLID" has not ended, and the "METAL GEAR SAGA" continues.

In fact, Peace Walker is so important that Kojima changed his mind about simply handing the property over to a new group of creators.

QUOTE said:
I actually had the plan for this project in mind while working on MPO. Back then, I intended to place the project in the hands of the next generation of creators at Kojima Productions. However, in the end, I felt that it was still a little too early to leave it completely in their hands, so I decided to take the reins.

As for the actual game mechanics, Kojima couldn't give away much. He explains that the player will be able to customize their Snake before going on a mission, outfitting him with the equipment that best suits their play style. Charge in with guns blazing, or opt for a more stealthy approach, slimming down your arsenal in favor of quieter movement.

Peace Walker will also include a "growth feature" that allows your character to evolve, a simliar mechanic to that seen in roleplaying games and recent first-person shooters.

And yes, there will be multiple types of cardboard boxes, complimenting the two-man version we witnessed in the E3 trailer.

Finally, Kojima gave us a little insight into the strange code that appeared on the teaser website that kept us so occupied leading up to E3 2009. This gets a little complicated, so I've gone ahead and included his full description.

5=it is an MGS5 class game
S=Snake
??snake in Kanji
E=E3
R=Raiden
3=3 from 360 and E3
6=6 from 360
P and S=PSP and adding 3 makes it PS3

Aside from the Snake and Raiden visuals, we featured a total of 10 "symbols" and when all of these are rearranged, they form connections to the announcements that we made at E3.

The first symbols that appeared were the number "5" and the letter "S" for Snake that represented PW which, to me, is a "5" class title. "?" not only hints at the lowercase lettering of "E" for E3, but it is the kanji for the word "snake." Also, the symbol that appeared at the very end is the kanji "?" and represents a sunny background and the sunrise that links to RISING.

The "RISING" of "METAL GEAR SOLID RISING" implies "the sun rising," "the sun shining," and "the sun shining on Raiden" that was revealed in the visuals on the HP. In addition, "RISING" also represents how "METAL GEAR SOLID" will be taking the next step up.

Going back to the symbols found on the HP, they also link to "the day of 360" and also to each of the titles that we announced at E3. When each of the symbols are rearranged, I think you'll be able to recognize E3, PSP, PS3, 360 and others. So everyone, how did you like it? Were your predictions on the mark?

News Source: Kotaku

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Goddamn you, Kojima. He hypes the new 360 game at the Microsoft conference, everyone is excited, etc. Then he goes behind their backs and basically talks shit about it (it's not a true sequel, etc). Then we learn it's not even an exclusive...

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
War said:
Goddamn you, Kojima. He hypes the new 360 game at the Microsoft conference, everyone is excited, etc. Then he goes behind their backs and basically talks shit about it (it's not a true sequel, etc). Then we learn it's not even an exclusive...
Well, they didn't announce that it'd be exclusive, so you knew it wouldn't be. I mean, every Metal Gear Solid game has been released on a Sony console so far except for Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes for GameCube (which was only a remake anyway). It's already great news that the next one will be coming to the Xbox, that's a great accomplishment! This only happened before with MGS2, and that was a year later...

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the rising game is most likely gonna be a beat em up
I dont have high hopes for it, im pretty sure its gonna be a failure

but at least you can play as ubur cyborg ninga raiden
smileipb2.png

Site & Scene News