Knytt Stories DS v1.0

rrc2soft

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
First, thanks for all the testings, dudereno. Check the credits ;-)

dudereno said:
Have some of level assets been pre converted to the DS [sounds file formats and opening cut screen pics]? I saw a few raw sound files in a couple of directories in the level expansion pack.

Most level assets of the expansion pack have been converted.

dudereno said:
Ran into a couple of freeze issues with the new binary using AK2i/ Supercard DSONEi. Though this may been down to beta OS software/heavily fragmented memory card. The compatibility binary ran fine.

It is actually a problem of the underlying MP3 library. The compatibility version is compiled with an old version of PAlib and devkitpro, which ironically works with newer systems.

dudereno said:
Tried a few levels. The Great Race by B-man failed. map.bin too big?

I think it is a cutscene or a tileset. Could not find the bugs in the final tests.

QUOTE(dudereno @ Feb 20 2010, 12:24 PM) It would be cool if there was a wiki/user resource for some kind of Knytt Stories DS levels compatibility list.

Mabe you can create such thread on Nifflas website and ask it to be stickied ;-)

QUOTE(dudereno @ Feb 20 2010, 12:24 PM)
Thanks for all your hard work over the past two years in bringing this awesome game to the DS.

Thanks to all of you for playing it, makes me very happy
gbasp.gif
(1000 downloads on the release day!)

BTW, sorry, but I won't port WaDF... gotta leave game programming for a while.

And yep, don't eat the mushroom works (but convert the ogg to 16/24kbps mp3 instead of a 48kbps mp3)

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
NOES! I missed the final release?! Damn! I loved this game on the computer and tried out the beta on the DS, I loved that one too, the graphics, music, etc are incredibly good! Great work man, I hope you make more of this awesomeness!
biggrin.gif
Seriously, this is one of the (if not THE) best homebrews ever made for the DS.

Man18

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im working on the dream one still, it likes to freeze and error a lot.

any one know of any GOOD games to play?

Man18

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man18 said:
Im working on the dream one still, it likes to freeze and error a lot.

any one know of any GOOD games to play?
I installed abunch of levels, you will have to go through and modify a few of the .bins to remove the icon becuase some take up 2 much of the screen and make the program hard to use, specifically Purple Pineapple games, Under lock and key, the rain forest, Melvon DD games, Petera games.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Just found out about this & looks good - just one thing

Is there a bug on the cut screens on the extra levels by any chance ?
When I try playing any of the 'extra' ones I get something like this
4386868967_f9030ff985_o.jpg
Or have I done something wrong ??

(OH forgot to mention I'm using a DSi and AK2i with Moonshell/AKAIO 1.5.1 combo)

edit: Ah NVM - found out that it's due to the size of the graphics - Seems like they need to be resized/split into 'scene?a' is top screen (graphic), 'scene?b' is bottom screen (text)

Man18

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CannonFoddr said:
Just found out about this & looks good - just one thing

Is there a bug on the cut screens on the extra levels by any chance ?
When I try playing any of the 'extra' ones I get something like this
4386868967_f9030ff985_o.jpg
Or have I done something wrong ??

(OH forgot to mention I'm using a DSi and AK2i with Moonshell/AKAIO 1.5.1 combo)

edit: Ah NVM - found out that it's due to the size of the graphics - Seems like they need to be resized/split into 'scene?a' is top screen (graphic), 'scene?b' is bottom screen (text)
Use your stylus to scroll back and forth starting from the top left corner drag your stylus over what you want to see for a Zoom more or less.

a Knytt in time, will dl it right now.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Svetakneelm said:
Hello.i just started a new thread cuz i want some new stories. there are just old stories that i reed all of them. i want more more more cant get enough I cant make one of my own cuz im now into that kinda stuff..i mean..i cant get one out of my head, but i really like to read that kinda stories. so please, post new stories.
Errmm - are you telling us you've gone through all THESE stories ??

I believe you can use these on the DS version as well

Here's how -
  • First you'll need to download the PC version of Knytt Story
  • Download one of the stories @ http://knyttlevels.com
  • Run PC version of Knytt Story (you should get a white screen with rotating dots)
  • Click on the [Install Stories] button
  • Drag the downloaded story onto Knytt Story window (The rabbit should run across the screen)
  • Browse to where you've install 'Knytt Stories' & into the 'World' folder & you should now see a new folder with the name of the story you downloaded
  • Copy this folder over to the DS 'data/dskyntt/worlds' folder
Also been looking for a manual or Tutorial for the editor & found this in their forums

Man18

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
only drag one at a time.

yorch said:
try "a knytt in time". it's sooo good
cant find that anywhere

Man18 said:
QUOTE(yorch @ Feb 25 2010, 06:32 AM) try "a knytt in time". it's sooo good
cant find that anywhere
I found it. will play it later, still need to beat this lock and key one FUCK its hard

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Twinheart said:
Is anyone else having trouble getting the game to load on Acekard 2i with the latest firmware or AKAIO 1.5.1?
Nope - only problems I've been having it when playing sometimes the game locks up on screen changes
I'm using AK2i on DSi with AKAIO 1.5.1 - but perhaps I'm not having trouble as I launch the game through Moonshell2 (I've got AKAIO to autoboot Moonshell2 on startup)

I've just tried it through AKAIO:
'KSDS.nds' starts up but DOESN'T go pass the R&R title screen
'KSDS - Compatibility.nds' does start AND goes pass the R&R title screen

Is this what you're getting ?? - if so try the 'compatibility' version

Twinheart

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, I wasn't booting it through Moonshell. That's probably it.

I'll try the compatibility one later. Thanks! I ended up getting the PC version, with the intention of only using it to prepare extra stories to install on the DS version, and unexpectedly ended up loving it as well!

Man18

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A knytt in time, cant get past the island view point- past, I jump off and double jump at top then open the umbrella and hold A but I keep landing in the water, grandma and the walkthrough say to do it in the past so I dont know whats up, im in the past and I cant get it to work for me at all, anyone gotten past this?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9X0F1Qjn0Ac