• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Kiwi Farms is finally no more. Cloudflare, hCaptcha and DDoS-Guard dropped support for the website

Status
Not open for further replies.

LainaGabranth

Objectively the most infuriating woman ever
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Strange how when a woman is loud and fights against oppression she's considered a "notorious troll who derails everything" but the people making these claims are silent about the white nationalist and transphobic talking points she replies to...

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Strange how when a woman is loud and fights against oppression she's considered a "notorious troll who derails everything" but the people making these claims are silent about the white nationalist and transphobic talking points she replies to...
I don’t know if I missed anything but I think @City was referring to someone else. Talking to him right now and he hasn’t brought you up. He definitely brought up the member that I think he’s talking about. He’s a bit of a rough character but he’s a good guy.

Last edited by The Catboy,
Reactions: LainaGabranth

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Transsexual has somewhat been moved over to referring to people who’ve undergone surgeries but even then it’s been hotly debated and kind of pushed away. Most people find it to be a rather abrasive term that comes from a very different era.
Trans seems to be the common term these days. Trans gender is more inclusive. I think some trans don't identify with the term trans sexual, because it makes out that sexuality is the only important thing.

Last edited by smf,

City

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I don’t know if I missed anything but I think @City was referring to someone else. Talking to him right now and he hasn’t brought you up. He definitely brought up the member that I think he’s talking about. It’s a bit of a rough character but he’s a good guy.
Love you too <3

• Love
Reactions: The Catboy

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I thought it was trans gender because it's about changing gender, not sexuality.
That’s how some people put it. Some people all noted that it didn’t make sense because being trans isn’t a sexuality, thus *sexual makes no sense. Some also argue that it unintentionally plays into the “pervert” stereotype by saying it’s sexual or a sexuality. Really seems to have a lot of differing reasons that basically boils down to, it’s just not a cool term anymore

Reactions: smf

Deleted member 608654

A scarlet letter
Trophies
XP
Yes. With Near making it crystal clear in some of their final messages that KF were the ones who drove them to do it. It was a very long and drawn out harassment campaign that lasted for years leading up to Near's suicide. And it by no means ended when Near's life ended either. Afterwards, they pivoted to denying that Near was dead and insisted they were still alive and faked suicide for attention. A former staff member in this thread (Minox, assuming they're being serious about it, but a really disgusting thing to say even as a joke) also regurgitated this conspiracy garbage.

KF was purely a blight on society. Truly valueless with nothing other than a negative impact on an already horrible world. Assuming it stays gone and truly dies for good this time, it's collapse is the tiniest glimmer of light on this ugly planet. Until something else pops up in its place...

While this will never happen happen, I would also love to see its members located and held accountable by the legal system as well. At the height of their popularity and most bitter harassment campaigns, there were apparently multiple tens of thousands of active and involved accounts there.

As for the "free speech" handwringing garbage certain people are puking out, even the US' 1st Amendment contains many exceptions due to the sheer insanity of the notion that all people deserve unlimited rights to say anything without consequence. There are laws against harassment, libel/defamation, incitement etc etc of which KF is in clear violation of. Even still, they haven't even received any real government-based retaliation (even though they should), it has only been their hosting companies who have kicked them off their platforms. So trotting out the old "but muh freeze peach" crap is at best ignorant, at worst a self report that you agree with KF's shit. And i've seen at least one other person in this thread that have a history here to indicate they're in the latter category.
But near might never fully get justice because their demise was the work of a lot of anonymous perpetrators who were probably jealous of their work and preyed on their eccentric nature. How could we prevent the taking of their own life?

Deleted member 608654

A scarlet letter
Trophies
XP
As long as you're not being a piece of shit, then it shouldn't matter. See how simple that is? Trampling on someone else's bodily autonomy rights because YOU disagree with the morality of it? That's being a piece of shit. Blocking people from getting married based on YOUR religious beliefs? That's being a piece of shit. Banning/burning books for everyone just because YOU don't have the same world views? That's being a piece of shit! See the pattern? It's REALLY easy NOT to be a piece of shit, the bar is literally so low already...
That is basically what aboriginal missionaries are all about.

LainaGabranth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll just say that I believe services like web hosts and domain registrars, reserve the choice to ditch abusive or irresponsible clients.
Most rational people think this but some weird people think otherwise, that no private host should be allowed to decide what people do with their platform, even if they're the one selling it. Weird shit tbh.

mituzora

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll just say that I believe services like web hosts and domain registrars, reserve the choice to ditch abusive or irresponsible clients.
100 percent. they do it all the time with commerce issues, why not issues of harassment and potential harm?

It's like someone else said earlier about freedom of speech. these places are free to say whatever the hell they want, but they need to face the consequences of what they've said. (a kinder way of saying "fuck around and find out")

Cloudflare, being a private company (I think) has all the right in the world to pull their services from a website. Hosting companies do this stuff all the time. If they can do it for scam call centers, and malicious websites, why can't they reserve the right to pull a website known to cause harm?

Cris1997XX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Holy fucking shit, this thread really blew up today. All I have to say is: The stupid anti-vax stuff made me laugh my ass off, thanks

Reactions: Jayro

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
As a person with ASD, I believe that Kiwi Farms' death proves God exists.

Null can go rot in prison and burn in Hell. May Near rest in peace.
If the accusations are true, he's most likely a pedo and has a history of promoting CP, which is why he was banned from 8Chan. Now, these are just accusations but considering his character, I wouldn't doubt they are true

LainaGabranth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the accusations are true, he's most likely a pedo and has a history of promoting CP, which is why he was banned from 8Chan. Now, these are just accusations but considering his character, I wouldn't doubt they are true
See the really funny thing is Null would say shit like that, from my understanding to fuck with people. Now he gets to learn that repeatedly stating you are a pedophile to "own the libs," hilariously, has consequences.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
See the really funny thing is Null would say shit like that, from my understanding to fuck with people. Now he gets to learn that repeatedly stating you are a pedophile to "own the libs," hilariously, has consequences.
If someone calls themselves a pedo and promotes CP, then I am going to take their word for it. They can claim it's a joke but really, I am just going to trust that it's not a joke. This reminds me of the time when RyanRocks called me a pedo and now he's in jail with am additional charge of CP being smacked onto his record.

LainaGabranth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If someone calls themselves a pedo and promotes CP, then I am going to take their word for it. They can claim it's a joke but really, I am just going to trust that it's not a joke. This reminds me of the time when RyanRocks called me a pedo and now he's in jail with am additional charge of CP being smacked onto his record.
Exactly. It's the same as when people like Sargon of Akkad would "joke" about being racists. Surprise! They're literal racists. Same with Nick Fuentes, BakedAlaska, and especially weirdos like Crowder, not to mention Crowder's very obvious trans fetish.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Exactly. It's the same as when people like Sargon of Akkad would "joke" about being racists. Surprise! They're literal racists. Same with Nick Fuentes, BakedAlaska, and especially weirdos like Crowder, not to mention Crowder's very obvious trans fetish.
Crowder seriously needs to get on E. The obvious egg vibes are painful to watch and I wish Crowder would stop being a grifter for 5 minutes to realize that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: also happy birthday @Xdqwerty