• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Kiwi Farms is finally no more. Cloudflare, hCaptcha and DDoS-Guard dropped support for the website

Status
Not open for further replies.

DBlaze

I don't know what i'm doing.
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It's just cloudflare blocking it, so no, not much dead at all, even cloudflare itself thinks they will just find another infrastructure

Reactions: bonkmaykr

Cris1997XX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Is it actually dead? Saw some interviews with the creator a little while ago and it seemed there were still plenty of options available even if big tech decides to play censor.
What I've read is that they brought destruction upon themselves (SWATing Marjorie Taylor Green and calling in bomb threats in Dublin weren't their brightest moves, to be honest). After such a shitty track record I doubt people will want to deal with them again

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Is it actually dead? Saw some interviews with the creator a little while ago and it seemed there were still plenty of options available even if big tech decides to play censor.
Looks like those options bailed.

eRlDlEq.jpg

City

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I'm all for freedom of speech, but Kiwifarms was like paparazzi if they harassed people with mental issues, and threatened/doxxed them. I'm unsure what the goal was to make a statement like that. IIRC he had a part in the forum dedicated to people asking him to take down stuff they didn't like (basically threads mocking them).

What I find depressing is that the nail of the coffin for those companies wasn't the content, but the DDoS attacks. Kinda sad. 4chan in comparison is a lot better. Don't get me wrong, it's still shit, but the staff avoids stunts like they did there.

Cris1997XX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm all for freedom of speech, but Kiwifarms was like paparazzi if they harassed people with mental issues, and threatened/doxxed them. I'm unsure what the goal was to make a statement like that. IIRC he had a part in the forum dedicated to people asking him to take down stuff they didn't like (basically threads mocking them).

What I find depressing is that the nail of the coffin for those companies wasn't the content, but the DDoS attacks. Kinda sad. 4chan in comparison is a lot better. Don't get me wrong, it's still shit, but the staff avoids stunts like they did there.
Yeah, I'd definitely choose 4chan over this shithole any day

Reactions: sombrerosonic

ChanseyIsTheBest

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Honestly I don't know how someone could defend Kiwi Farms that site is absolutely wretched it's basically just shit-talking and stalking forum turned up to 110%. Makes 4chan look like idyllic, respectful place in comparison and rarely actually decent stuff comes out of there like game leaks. It's pathetic how Kiwi Farms wants to convince people to be 'brave and free' when their website is equivalent to a gossip rag gone wrong.

I get how there's a level of implications about the future of the internet especially with what sites will be allowed to be up - no more websites free-for-all APNIC possibly taking its IP away and that precedent e.g. toxic governments taking down bad material about themselves under the guise of taking down hateful websites, but at least in a vacuum its good that KF is down.

elpapadelospollitos

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Regardless of any personal opinions about Kiwifarms, this is terrible news with regards internet censorship.
Eh, a person's freedom ends where another person's freedom begins, and considering the targeting and harassment to specific individuals, I say nothing of value was lost

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, didnt they make Near (higan's developer) kill themselves? if im not wrong? Man, what assholes.
Yes. With Near making it crystal clear in some of their final messages that KF were the ones who drove them to do it. It was a very long and drawn out harassment campaign that lasted for years leading up to Near's suicide. And it by no means ended when Near's life ended either. Afterwards, they pivoted to denying that Near was dead and insisted they were still alive and faked suicide for attention. A former staff member in this thread (Minox, assuming they're being serious about it, but a really disgusting thing to say even as a joke) also regurgitated this conspiracy garbage.

KF was purely a blight on society. Truly valueless with nothing other than a negative impact on an already horrible world. Assuming it stays gone and truly dies for good this time, it's collapse is the tiniest glimmer of light on this ugly planet. Until something else pops up in its place...

While this will never happen happen, I would also love to see its members located and held accountable by the legal system as well. At the height of their popularity and most bitter harassment campaigns, there were apparently multiple tens of thousands of active and involved accounts there.

As for the "free speech" handwringing garbage certain people are puking out, even the US' 1st Amendment contains many exceptions due to the sheer insanity of the notion that all people deserve unlimited rights to say anything without consequence. There are laws against harassment, libel/defamation, incitement etc etc of which KF is in clear violation of. Even still, they haven't even received any real government-based retaliation (even though they should), it has only been their hosting companies who have kicked them off their platforms. So trotting out the old "but muh freeze peach" crap is at best ignorant, at worst a self report that you agree with KF's shit. And i've seen at least one other person in this thread that have a history here to indicate they're in the latter category.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kiwi Farms is worse than 4chan and twitter. NTM there security always sucked and was easy to get peoples information from

Hate how they harass trans people all the time, Time for them to go into the trash bin
Chris Chan is/was a trans (I actually had to look Chris up on YouTube since I completely blocked him out of my brain, lol) so they still did that?

Speaking of that person, that's one of the internet's biggest mysteries to never be solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-