• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Kiwi Farms is finally no more. Cloudflare, hCaptcha and DDoS-Guard dropped support for the website

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
For anyone thinking Kiwi Farms might not be gone forever, this tweet will be useful. Literally nobody wants to deal with their shit lmao

I really hope people put pressure on any platform thinking about hosting them. Seriously, the site needs to die and stay dead.

Reactions: Xzi and Cris1997XX

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For anyone thinking Kiwi Farms might not be gone forever, this tweet will be useful. Literally nobody wants to deal with their shit lmao

That chick on Twitter has a t-shirt saying "Protect Trans Kids" which just baffled me.

When I was a kid, I wanted to be Goku, the Red Power Ranger, a Dinosaur, or a Spaceman, but that was just it.. "wanted." I remember when I was a kid I used a girl dress which didn't mean anything. Kids do stupid, childish stuff (I know I did a lot as my mom told me I ruined a lot of stuff).

It takes time for humans to adapt to being mature and at such a young age, kids can't make such a decision that changes them radically.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
That chick on Twitter has a t-shirt saying "Protect Trans Kids" which just baffled me.

When I was a kid, I wanted to be Goku, the Red Power Ranger, a Dinosaur, or a Spaceman, but that was just it.. "wanted." I remember when I was a kid I used a girl dress which didn't mean anything. Kids do stupid, childish stuff (I know I did a lot as my mom told me I ruined a lot of stuff).

It takes time for humans to adapt to being mature and at such a young age, kids can't make such a decision that changes them radically.
That all doesn’t mean one still shouldn’t respect and protect trans kids. It is not uncommon for kids to experiment with their identity. They should still be respected and protected as they figure themselves out. If a kid does turn out to be trans, then it’s good that they had the space to that figure out. If they don’t turn out to be trans, the same stance should apply. Regardless, there’s no reason to not allow them to figure things out. There are never any radical changes done to kids and no one is pushing for that.
On a personal note, I told everyone that I was both a boy and a girl as a kid. I wasn’t taken seriously nor respected for having that knowledge of myself. Decades later, I found I am intersex and genderfluid. I wish I had the environment to figure that out when I was a kid, instead of spending half my life feeling like shit.
Also, please stop using the “I wanted to be something fake as a kid.” That’s not what being trans is about and it’s far more harmful than I think you might realize. It’s harmful because it breaks the trans experience down to a matter of pretend. Which only continues to be used as an excuse to abuse trans people. I hope you don’t mean anything harmful by that but it’s unfortunately been turned into something harmful.
Edit: added note “trans kids” also includes teens as well. Anyone under 18 is legally considered a child. So even those who are older and have more of an understanding of their identity are affected. This is also about protecting trans treatment further on, as many laws are being pushed to limit and or remove rights from trans people.

Last edited by The Catboy,

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
for what I understood back on Near's suicide time, this kiwifarms thing is a online community of people with mental disorder that pray on other people with mental disorder. There was also straight up harassment crimes there, so it is a shame that the website was still accessible til this day.

Anyway, freedom of speech never was about of god tier immunity from everything you want to say, many said that here already

(I don't know if "mental disorder" is a polite term, sorry if its wrong or rude)

Cris1997XX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
for what I understood back on Near's suicide time, this kiwifarms thing is a online community of people with mental disorder that pray on other people with mental disorder. There was also straight up harassment crimes there, so it is a shame that the website was still accessible til this day.

Anyway, freedom of speech never was about of god tier immunity from everything you want to say, many said that here already

(I don't know if "mental disorder" is a polite term, sorry if its wrong or rude)
Yeah, freedom of speech is all fine and dandy until you drive someone to suicide

Reactions: The Catboy

RAHelllord

Literally the wurst.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

I personally know multiple people that have known something wasn't right in that department as literally some of their first childhood memories, and they "didn't grow out of it". They couldn't articulate what was wrong because they didn't know any of the words to describe it, but they absolutely did know they didn't want to do things parents back then would expect of children of that gender to want. Case in point someone having to behave and dress like a girl but absolutely didn't want to, but wasn't allowed to wear pants or have short hair. And what do you know, they're openly trans these days and actually feel better.

Would be cool if less kids would have to go through that or similar shit they went through.

Also puberty blockers are entirely reversible and no kid starts transitioning or surgery until they're adults, stop listening to people that have agenda and actually look at the medical guidelines themselves and listen to medical professionals working in these fields as doctors. Your random ER or outpatient nurse is not a reliable source for topics in a field they don't interact with.

Reactions: The Catboy and Xzi

Dragon91Nippon

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan

Seems like there's a big misconception about trans people and why they're trans.

Let's be clear why people of all ages are trans. The reason many people are trans isn't just because of "wanting to be a different gender" in the same way that someone wants to be a fictional character as a child it. It is a deep emotional feeling that that person has in which the body and/or identity they currently have is wrong and deeply uncomfortable for them, in the most extreme way possible. People being (legitimately) trans isn't anything like pretending to be a character, trans people may do that in order to try and make themselves feel better but it is not pretend.

I'm not trans myself but I used to have a close friend growing up who was. Everyone (teachers and family [mine and his]) told him (using his preferred pronouns out of respect) that wanting to be a boy was childish and that he had to grow up and accept that he was a woman. Everyone assured him that this was a phase and if he transitioned he would regret it later, unfortunately they were wrong. Shortly after my friend started going through puberty and had their second period they couldn't take it anymore and took their own life by jumping off the very apartment building me and my family lived in at the time.

I know you and people like you think that trans kids are too young to know and/or should be protected from themselves, yes it's important to make sure that transition isn't a mistake but there is a fine line between protecting someone and trying to force your beliefs about gender on them. If the people in my friend's life weren't such assholes to him he might still be here today.

Reactions: The Catboy

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Also puberty blockers are entirely reversible and no kid starts transitioning or surgery until they're adults, stop listening to people that have agenda and actually look at the medical guidelines themselves and listen to medical professionals working in these fields as doctors. Your random ER or outpatient nurse is not a reliable source for topics in a field they don't interact with.
So if someone stops using puberty blockers puberty continues from where it was when stopped?

Reactions: Cris1997XX and Xzi

RAHelllord

Literally the wurst.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So if someone stops using puberty blockers puberty continues from where it was when stopped?
That is correct, puberty will continue (or begin at all if it was suppressed before it started) as normal and their body goes through all the regular steps as it would have earlier in their life.

Reactions: Cris1997XX and Xzi

Dragon91Nippon

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
That all doesn’t mean one still shouldn’t respect and protect trans kids. It is not uncommon for kids to experiment with their identity. They should still be respected and protected as they figure themselves out. If a kid does turn out to be trans, then it’s good that they had the space to that figure out. If they don’t turn out to be trans, the same stance should apply. Regardless, there’s no reason to not allow them to figure things out. There are never any radical changes done to kids and no one is pushing for that.
I can sort of get how people would be against the medical aspects of people being trans at an early age but I really don't get why some people are so against the idea of people experimenting with their identity with pronouns or cross-dressing.
Those things are about as harmless as you can get.

On a personal note, I told everyone that I was both a boy and a girl as a kid. I wasn’t taken seriously nor respected for having that knowledge of myself. Decades later, I found I am intersex and genderfluid. I wish I had the environment to figure that out when I was a kid, instead of spending half my life feeling like shit.
I feel ya, when I was a kid I always said I was neither a boy nor or girl and many people did not take me seriously (some of them even tried to be extremely invasive i.e. trying to look up my skirt). Thankfully it did get better over time as people eventually learned to accept me for who I am.

Also, please stop using the “I wanted to be something fake as a kid.” That’s not what being trans is about and it’s far more harmful than I think you might realize. It’s harmful because it breaks the trans experience down to a matter of pretend. Which only continues to be used as an excuse to abuse trans people. I hope you don’t mean anything harmful by that but it’s unfortunately been turned into something harmful.
Edit: added note “trans kids” also includes teens as well. Anyone under 18 is legally considered a child. So even those who are older and have more of an understanding of their identity are affected. This is also about protecting trans treatment further on, as many laws are being pushed to limit and or remove rights from trans people.
I think the reason people do this is because they want to oppress and force gender onto others but since that's frowned upon these days they try and phrase it as a "think of the children" excuse as a way to get people to accept.

Dragon91Nippon

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
That is correct, puberty will continue (or begin at all if it was suppressed before it started) as normal and their body goes through all the regular steps as it would have earlier in their life.
What about stunting growth? I've heard stories about it stunting growth, although I'm not sure how valid those actually are. Is this true or is it just more made up transphobic BS?

RAHelllord

Literally the wurst.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
What about stunting growth? I've heard stories about it stunting growth, although I'm not sure how valid those actually are. Is this true or is it just more made up transphobic BS?
That growth is part of puberty and will be delayed as such by the puberty blockers as well, but the person will go through that same growth once the blockers are stopped or the transitioning starts. There's also medication to counteract abnormal height stunting in addition to that. The relevant doctors would advise on the best course of action for the individual in question.

LainaGabranth

Objectively the most infuriating woman ever
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean let's all be honest here, everyone, even the users of KiwiFarms, know that the claims they're outraged about are made up, but they don't need to be true. Keffals didn't groom anyone, and the people who've "come forward" were literally paid $200 in twitter DMs, only for, at best, for them to say "ehhhh, I mean, I could have been?" and that's just the $200 talking.

But for people who use KiwiFarms it doesn't matter if the outrage-provoking allegations are true or not, Keffals is a transwoman, and if there's one thing that upsets incels more than women, it's a woman who's also trans, so naturally all of this bullshit is going to start over her.

Reactions: Xzi and The Catboy

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'd recommend the recent documentary What Is a Woman?, as it's something of an eyeopener. While it does come across as somewhat biased, there's more than enough truth exposed that anyone on either side of the debate can see that corporate interests are involved in pushing certain perceptions. Big pharma is making a massive killing (no pun intended, but unfortunately true) from pushing transitioning. Suicide rates are apparently higher in those that have transitioned than those that haven't. Puberty blockers are not harmless and reversible - the most popular treatment is the same drug used for the chemical castration of sex offenders.

The influence of the pharmaceutical companies, and attached monetary incentive for them, is likely why the issue is bigger in countries that don't have a government subsidized health service than those that are funded by tax payers.

I am most definitely in favour of adults making whatever choices they want in regards their own bodies, but the way so called medical professionals are steering minors into irreversible biological changes while getting big pharma kick backs is sick and disturbing.

If we allow children to make such life altering decisions as these then we may just as well have no age of consent or any other age restriction (alcohol, tatoos, etc), because apparently children of any age are responsible enough to make all of their own choices.

Give it a decade and their will likely be massive legal action that makes the Oxycontin controversy pale by comparrison.

erikas

Trophies
XP
Country
It's sad people still think "free speech" means you're allowed to be a piece of shit without repercussion.
That is literally what it means, and if it meant anything less, it would not be free speech. With an arbitrary restriction like "being a piece of shit" you must also give someone the power to decide when someone is being a piece of shit. And you also won't feel how unfair that is until its used against you.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
That is literally what it means, and if it meant anything less, it would not be free speech. With an arbitrary restriction like "being a piece of shit" you must also give someone the power to decide when someone is being a piece of shit. And you also won't feel how unfair that is until its used against you.
As long as you're not being a piece of shit, then it shouldn't matter. See how simple that is? Trampling on someone else's bodily autonomy rights because YOU disagree with the morality of it? That's being a piece of shit. Blocking people from getting married based on YOUR religious beliefs? That's being a piece of shit. Banning/burning books for everyone just because YOU don't have the same world views? That's being a piece of shit! See the pattern? It's REALLY easy NOT to be a piece of shit, the bar is literally so low already...

RAHelllord

Literally the wurst.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'd recommend the recent documentary What Is a Woman?, as it's something of an eyeopener. While it does come across as somewhat biased, there's more than enough truth exposed that anyone on either side of the debate can see that corporate interests are involved in pushing certain perceptions. Big pharma is making a massive killing (no pun intended, but unfortunately true) from pushing transitioning. Suicide rates are apparently higher in those that have transitioned than those that haven't. Puberty blockers are not harmless and reversible - the most popular treatment is the same drug used for the chemical castration of sex offenders.

The influence of the pharmaceutical companies, and attached monetary incentive for them, is likely why the issue is bigger in countries that don't have a government subsidized health service than those that are funded by tax payers.

I am most definitely in favour of adults making whatever choices they want in regards their own bodies, but the way so called medical professionals are steering minors into irreversible biological changes while getting big pharma kick backs is sick and disturbing.

If we allow children to make such life altering decisions as these then we may just as well have no age of consent or any other age restriction (alcohol, tatoos, etc), because apparently children of any age are responsible enough to make all of their own choices.

Give it a decade and their will likely be massive legal action that makes the Oxycontin controversy pale by comparrison.
When looking up a documentary maybe don't watch one on a topic created by a far-right pundit that makes money off of being a very political talkshow host.
AJ Eckert of Science-Based Medicine called the documentary "every bit as much of a science denying propaganda film disguised as a documentary as antivax films like VAXXED or the anti-evolution film Expelled!, and such films tend to be potent messaging tools.", concluding that "Walsh clearly did not set out to honestly seek answers to a perplexing question, even if they are complex. Instead, he started with a conclusion and then sought out sources to support that conclusion, no matter how dubious the source, making this film an exercise not in honest truth-seeking but rather motivated reasoning."
Here's an actual deep-dive with citations into why that "documentary" shouldn't be taken seriously by anyone: https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/in-what-is-a-woman-matt-walsh-asks-a-question/

When actual scientists call it bullshit maybe it shouldn't be taken seriously, similarly to how scientists not affiliated with the Sacklers called Oxycontin being prescribed the way it was as anti-ethical bullshit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Sonic Angel Knight, Is that SAK I see. :ninja:
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What a weird game
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah I wanted to see shards of the titanic
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I kept thinking jaws was gonna come up and attack
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Jaws is on a diet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Damn power went out
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok xdqwerty, your little bro prob tripped On the cord and unplugged you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ya I'm afraid of the dark hug me
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Grab and hold close your AncientBoi doll.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Damn didn't charge my external battery either
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Take the batteries out of your SuperStabber3000... Or is it gas powered?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I stole batteries from your black mamba
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My frozen food better hold up for an hour I know that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or else gonna be a big lunch and dinner tomorrow.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Did you pay your power bill? Or give all yo money to my wife, again.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh good the estimated time is the same exact time they just said
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Load up your pc and monitor, and head to a McDonalds dining room, they have free WiFi
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sir please watch your porn in the bathroom
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    No sir we can not sell you anymore apple pies, after what you did with the last one.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We ran out
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    for your life
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My life has no value my fat ass is staying right here
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: My life has no value my fat ass is staying right here