KiLLaRoMs
OP
Trophies
Website
thetigerbite.com
XP
Country
United States
Sum people just tryin to have fun, and u ban them, or tell them they r gonna be ban, and half the times its just stupid stuff, i dunno whats gotten in2 u, u used to be kool, now ur just a punk who thinks he's the president, congress, and all that other stuff combined.

With that being stated, i will put the black bag over my head and go stand at the top of the hill waiting for my bannishment, or my death, whichever u think i deserve...

-unclosed-

Mega_Mizzle_X

Music and Me...
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
i dont think hes deliberatly doing wat u said but this forum has gotten 2 a size where if the rules rnt enforced the forum will go down faster than a paper ship with a rock dropped on it

xero

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'll repect Kivan's decisions to ban people until I get banned myself...at which time I will rethink what this statement actualy means.
wink.gif

In all seriousness, all the man's trying to do is clean the scum from the board. There's plenty of ways to have fun w/o being a complete idiot or spamming. Most boards I visit aren't this big, so we don't have a real spamming problem...here it's different w/ about 10000 or so members.

And at least he explains his bans in the GBATemp Jail forum area, which I think is a great move.

One last thing: anything remotely like a "pimp" site type thing is a waste of everyone's time. That's what I would call a game for "little kiddies" who aren't adult enough to carry on a civilized conversation. I'm not taking shots at anyone...just an observation there.

D2_

Weee!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you think if sumone says sumthin nicely and its a link to one of them pimp site things, and them saying they dont ahve to click here, and they arnt making them, Kivan has the right to ban them?
he could have at least told us wat was inside the site and maybe talk about wat the site is about instead making just a thread about clicking some link.
o and im moving this.

xero

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
he could have at least told us wat was inside the site and maybe talk about wat the site is about instead making just a thread about clicking some link.
True that. It could have been a site where a link takes you to neverending popups...I've had that happen. Also, there's that stupid Xupiter toolbar thing, too...that would also be annoying.

I'm sure you wouldn't want either...

Mar

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well i agree with kivan, i mean why should one spam?
If kivan bans someone then they probably did something wrong and he will have the right to do so.

GO KIVAN!! ban their arses! That is if they screw up!

And one more question; if someone is banned from the forums then they aren't banned from the GBAtemp channel on irc right?

thx in advance
wink.gif

phuzzz

Hooha!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It isn't Kivan bans people that oppose him or anything. In fact, he even said that he encouraged it (can't remember which post it was, but it's there).

It's like, "This guy is being an idiotic a-hole that no one is liking and is not contributing to conversations in any way. I need to shut him up."

U

undertaker4571

phuzzz is right like Ive been sayin
lighen up KiVan don't be an A@swipe

xero

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
No, phuzzz is saying that Kivan is trying to get rid of the a-holes on the boards who add nothing and just flat out bother people. You can only get so many tries to impress, and normally that number is one.

You haven't seen an annoying mod until you go to some of the boards I've been to. So I suggest laying off and letting the man do his job. If you were in his position, you'd be doing the same thing...taking out the trash that's rotting the boards.

EDIT: I'm sorry if I sound a bit harsh, but as I've said before, I am a moderator at another board, so it's kinda like instinct...
wink.gif

Tempest Stormwin

Kweisatz Haderach
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
KiVan is far from harsh. If he was, you'd be suspended from your second attempt at unbanning Master Betty. But, you have only offended us once (twice if you count the current "don't be a nerd" thread you started), so I think he's doing the right thing.

If you insult us, waste our time, or just plain be an a55hole, then you will get your just reward. If you are like about 200 of us or so, you'll instead post kindly, intelligently, and inoffensively unless provoked.

Xero puts it quite nicely, I think. And Phuzzz is just having a hard time saying his thing. It's my interpretation, but:
QUOTE said:
It isn't like Kivan bans people that oppose him or anything. In fact, he even said that he encouraged it (can't remember which post it was, but it's there). [EDIT: He has indeed. Opposing views help conversations.]

It's like, "This guy is being an idiotic a-hole that no one is liking and is not contributing to conversations in any way. I need to shut him up." as opposed to "this guy disagrees with me. SMITE!"
So, KiVan is not defending his postion, but rather assisting the board's reputation as a good one. There's only a few people who post things that are short enough for instant messengers, only a few spammers, and not anywhere near as many leechers as other boards. Check GameFAQs for a while -- the only people who are worth their salt there have 200 or more posts, or are a RARE minority on their way to the 200th.

Go KiVan! You, the rest of Admin, and our mods keep this place a place to be proud of.

Undertaker, imagine a world without laws, or with laws but without enforcement. Does the word "anarchy" mean anything to you?

-Tempest out.-

S

spidey007

I think he is doing a good job i have no problem with him and his banning ways and if i get ban then it's problably cuz i did something wrong anyway people judge the police for being a55wipes 2 but they are doing their jobs and so is kivan

bajibbles

Ragnafreak
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
KiVan is in charge of these boards and unlike many other mods, he doesnt abuse his power. He though it was the fair thing to do and trying to get Master Betty back was OK the first time but this is going a bit too far.... did the guy apologize or anything? i mean, from what ive heard hes made enough accounts....
mad.gif

KiVan

Hooray! Member n# 1!!!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Italy
there's no need to open 1000 posts about this.
i EXPLAINED CLEARLY why i banned master betty, if you don't remember just read here:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?act=ST&f=7...35d61e40c554b83

if you still does not undertstand why he's been banned, my pm box is empty and you can write to me.

I am far from being "a punk who thinks he's the president" i just try to keep this community CLEAN from people who doesn't care a fuck about this forum.

sigfried

Trophies
Website
www.dimensions-sega.fr.st
XP
Country
France
I am far from being "a punk who thinks he's the president" i just try to keep this community CLEAN from people who doesn't care a fuck about this forum.

You are not Kivan, If you judge it's necessary to ban a member then no one must discuss it. It's not a question of power or to be afraid of you. i can't really explain it by words, so i just say i agree with you and even if you ban me (reference to a post here lol).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/ALcfGYLXcjQ?si=ePdtM6b0p5sWaxof