1. Shawn ShyGuy

OP Shawn ShyGuy GBAtemp Regular

United States
    The title sums it up for the most part, but is there any alternative to KitKat/NTRViewer that lets me cast my 3DS to my TV? I think the most likely is an Android app, and then I can cast my phone to my TV. I'm wondering, though, is there an app for this? And if there isn't, how easy/hard would it be to make one?

2. Dracari

Dracari GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    i dont think most Android devices have a robust enough Wifi Chipset to handle the constant video/audio stream.

3. Shawn ShyGuy

United States
    NTR only streams video. not streaming audio should already clear that up. As well, it's only a 400x480 resolution. That shouldn't be too tasking on a phone's wifi chip.

4. Dracari

Dracari GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    its allready been put into question in the KitKat topic. and the guy behind it said they had no plans because of said issue.

5. Fishaman P

Fishaman P Speedrunner

United States
    Even if your phone could handle the three (!) screens streaming straight to it, there's no way it could then cast to the TV on the same Wi-Fi chip. That's just too much bandwidth.

6. Shawn ShyGuy

United States
    ah, yeah, i didn't take the phone > TV bandwidth into consideration. Thanks for the feedback, though

Last edited by Shawn ShyGuy, Jan 29, 2017
  7. DarkSynopsis

DarkSynopsis GBAtemp Fan

New Zealand
    Phone can't handle streaming 3DS!? but can do PCs at 720p+ with Moonlight or something, ok then...

zeldaism and TheCyberQuake like this.
  8. TheCyberQuake

TheCyberQuake Certified Geek

United States
    Seriously I can perfectly stream and even play games from my computer remotely from an android device (the nvidia shield portable specifically) so I don't see where the bottleneck everyone is talking about. Theoretically if you can stream properly to your PC, and have a decent 802.11 AC router and android device, there should be no reason there isn't enough bandwidth to stream a much smaller picture when I can stream 720p gameplay, along with sending controls back to the PC. I may just not be understanding this bottleneck people are talking about so if someone could kindly explain where my reasoning is wrong.

9. kidasquid

kidasquid GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Your PC make a nicer compressed stream. The 3ds is a fat messy stream.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fishaman P likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - NTRViewer, Chomecast, Android