slut
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Antarctica
Yes it's true.
I remember there's was a Kirby game announced in 2004 for GC but got canceled. It was called Kirby Adventure. Now it's coming for Wii in December 2008.

Video:

http://www.videogamesblogger.com/2008/05/1...ing-in-2008.htm

QUOTE said:
After making the Kirby’s Air Ride racing game, developer HAL Laboratories started on Kirby’s first full-scale action game. The tentatively titled Kirby Adventure was originally announced back in November 2004 for the Nintendo GameCube. The game later showed up in February 2007 on a Japanese 2007 release list as a Nintendo Wii port titled Hoshi no Kirby (translates as Kirby of the Stars). So we’ll nickname the game Kirby Adventure Wii for now. Lastly in December 2007 Nintendo of Japan’s schedule (page 9) confirmed that the game has been delayed to 2008.

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
B-Blue's site has a link to a Nintendo website document listing the game. And I remember hearing about it before.. but Nintendo hasn't announced anything officially.. nothing was said on their last conference when they announced their Q4/2008-Q1/2009 line-up..

My guess is that the game exists, it's being made.. but won't be coming out this year. Probably got delayed for some reason.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yeah! I can't wait for it
smile.gif

Even if it's been delayed... It's still great news
biggrin.gif

I love Kirby
wub.gif

SoulAnger

MENUdo's Developer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This is a really old news..
frown.gif

I hope it wont get older and would actually get a release date. :'(
3p kirby looks sweet, I wonder if it would be 4p kirby similar to the gba one.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm moving this to the Wii section seeing that this isn't news and there isn't anything newly announced.

Its been a long time since Nintendo have said anything about this game, some people may remember a rumour going around that this game was cancelled earlier this year and then Nintendo Japan stated that it was still coming out in Japan.

There has never been an official date for Kirby in Japan or even an official title for it so far its just the usual Hoshi no Kirby. Also its not even on their Japanese site so I'd doubt we'll see it this year.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
War said:
This would be like the only reason to get a Wii other than Brawl.

rolleyes.gif

I'm one of the biggest critics of the Wii as a next-gen system, but in my opinion, your comment is way, way off. There are still plenty of other reasons to own a Wii.

But man, it's about time. I really hope this becomes a reality...even if it's only a port of a GCN vaporware game. I still can't get over Kirby Air Ride. I think it was a great racer for tiny tots, but it was nowhere near satisfaction for fans of traditional Kirby games. Gimmie a Wii-remote sideways option and some good `ole Kirby side-scrolling in 3D, and I'll be tickled pink!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Yesterday I learned my BD Burner drive can burn CD's at 56X lol