Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards coming to Nintendo Switch Online on May 20

Nintendo has confirmed the release date for the next N64 game coming to the Nintendo Switch Online Expansion Pack service. Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards will be available to subscribers on May 20. As of now, the only N64 game that has been previously announced for the NSO Expansion Pack but not given a date yet is Pokémon Snap, but, with a steady release date of one per month, it's likely we'll see that release sometime in June. Historically Nintendo has done a large showcase around this time, so it's possible we'll get a tease of more NSO games coming at that time.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great game but this service is seriously not worth the price tag.

The silver lining is that the N64 emulation is decent by Nintendo's standards (specifically NERD), in that there's no crappy dark filter or severe input lag. All the same, the price absolutely is not worth it.

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Great game but this service is seriously not worth the price tag.
Exactly...this rent bullshit when we were spoiled previously with Virtual Console is absolute horse shit and a downgrade to what we had before.

Last edited by stanleyopar2000,

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Exactly...this rent bullshit when we were spoiled previously with Virtual Console is absolute horse shit and a downgrade to what we had before.

Like, if we could actually KEEP the games on local storage after the service shuts down, or have a way to individually buy the games, I wouldn't be so against this BS business practice. I have zero remorse nor qualms about downloading their ROMs. Hell, I have an Everdrive 64 for that reason, original carts be damned.

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know, I wonder if the folks who have a deep moral objection to Nintendo's ROM subscription service actually apply the same logic everywhere else.
Honest question - does the same logic apply to something like Game Pass? How about movies and shows - do any of you actually buy DVDs instead of just subscribing to Netflix?
And... here comes the excuses for thievery and piracy.
I don't care if you pirate video games, there's no real moral objection to ganking an old nintendo game, especially if you can't buy it anymore.
But let's be real here, sitting there making excuses about it and trying to sound morally right for doing so just makes you look like a tryhard and a loser.

NyaakoXD

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The single member price for NSO + Expansion isn't worth it. But if you have 8 people, including yourself, to split the cost using the family plan, which is like $10 each person for a whole year, then that's worth it, imo.

But to each their own. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Stone_Wings

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like, if we could actually KEEP the games on local storage after the service shuts down, or have a way to individually buy the games, I wouldn't be so against this BS business practice. I have zero remorse nor qualms about downloading their ROMs. Hell, I have an Everdrive 64 for that reason, original carts be damned.

All of this plus the fact that there were nearly 500 Virtual Console titles released that people paid for already. There's zero good willed reason for not allowing us to download our purchased VC titles on a Switch.

do any of you actually buy DVDs instead of just subscribing to Netflix?

I have several streaming services including Netflix. I still buy 4K UHD Blu-rays of my favorite films. Why? Because the video quality on an actual 4K disc is near double that of Apples 4K streams. I only mention Apple because their 4K streams are generally considered to be better than everyone elses. So if theirs is the best and the video bitrate is still half that of a 4K disc, it says a lot about how bad the other streaming services actually look. Sure, they look great for streaming. But if someone is blown away by a 4K stream, wait until they see a 4K disc. Especially a native 4K film instead of an upscale. But there are some pretty amazing upscales too.

Last edited by Stone_Wings,
Reactions: sley and CeeDee

Joeynator3000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Blood and Violence!??
...wtf? lol

My only guess is 0^2 (the true final boss)...that kinda has blood when you shoot its eye.

Anyways yeah, NSO is still a joke, especially the expansion pack, I'd rather just grab the ROM and an emulator somewhere instead. >_>

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night