Not Brad.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't see this posted elsewhere after a short search, so here goes:

kingdom_hearts_3d.jpg

“Kingdom Hearts III and Kingdom Hearts 3D are not the same. However, it is a brand-new adventure starring Sora and Riku. The story is on par with that of a numbered title, and I’m sure the ending will shock fans.”

Nomura also stated that the ending in Kingdom Hearts Re:coded relates to 3D:

“There is a hint regarding Kingdom Hearts 3D in the secret movie [of Re:coded]. Players will find out once they see for themselves, but the movie includes some shocking statements and dialogue that pertains to Kingdom Hearts 3D, so it’s definitely worth watching!”

link

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the record, don't expect to see KH3 for another couple of years sadly. The cited reason for the delay is because Nomura wants to work on it personally, but he's working on FF Versus 13 and has stated it won't be started until that game is complete.

KH3D will be one of possibly several games which will lead into the events of KH3. It's not unlike Chain of Memories in how it lead into KH2. The difference being that it's being handled by the BBS team and is being treated like a main entry in the series (and hopefully won't be full of worthless filler like COM). We shall see though. I'm very interested in 3D due to the fact that they stated that most of the Disney worlds would actually be brand new. Any fan of the series knows how much they tend to recycle old worlds and areas from game to game.

Arithmatics

I'll be holding on to you. ;}
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
granville said:
For the record, don't expect to see KH3 for another couple of years sadly. The cited reason for the delay is because Nomura wants to work on it personally, but he's working on FF Versus 13 and has stated it won't be started until that game is complete.

KH3D will be one of possibly several games which will lead into the events of KH3. It's not unlike Chain of Memories in how it lead into KH2. The difference being that it's being handled by the BBS team and is being treated like a main entry in the series (and hopefully won't be full of worthless filler like COM). We shall see though. I'm very interested in 3D due to the fact that they stated that most of the Disney worlds would actually be brand new. Any fan of the series knows how much they tend to recycle old worlds and areas from game to game.

Yeah but Nomura said that KH3D is going to be a main game like KH1 and KH2. Not really the spin-off leading up to version that is CoM, 358/2 Days and BBS.

If he's working on KH3 PERSONALLY.. It's gonna kick ass.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know, that's what i said. His words were that it was being treated like a numbered title in the series and would have a story on par with them. I didn't mean it was a spinoff, just one of possibly several games that would start events leading up to KH3.

And yeah, Nomura will be heading KH3's development. That's why it hasn't begun yet, he's busy with Versus 13. Though to be fair, the Osaka team who made BBS and are making 3D are no slouches and are very competent developers to be sure. I trust them with the series.

Arithmatics

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
granville said:
I know, that's what i said. His words were that it was being treated like a numbered title in the series and would have a story on par with them. I didn't mean it was a spinoff, just one of possibly several games that would start events leading up to KH3.

And yeah, Nomura will be heading KH3's development. That's why it hasn't begun yet, he's busy with Versus 13. Though to be fair, the Osaka team who made BBS and are making 3D are no slouches and are very competent developers to be sure. I trust them with the series.

well better than getting h.a.n.d to dev it. gosh I can't wait...
yaynds.gif

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, the storyline of Coded or Re:Coded is pretty much throw away. It's basically what Mickey wrote in that letter than he sent to Sora in KH2. But most of the plot is just data Sora re-visiting the same KH1 worlds and debugging stuff. It has a lot of useless filler.

Despite that though, it's a fun game to play and has some excellent refinements that give it some of the most polished gameplay mechanics yet seen in the series. It enhances the deck command system from BBS and melds it with other elements from 358/2 Days. It also brings back platforming in full force as well. Platforming had been neglected severely since the first game. Which is ridiculous because the first game had some severe camera and control issues that made platforming rather excruciating. Yet by KH2, they completely fixed those issues, but all the worlds are flat and have almost no platforming. Well ReCoded brings it back, and it actually works extremely well. ReCoded is actually very fun to play in terms of gameplay. The story was neglected this time, but the series has rarely seen such decent gameplay.

The ending IS awesome though, the new secret ending of ReCoded that is. It sets up the events of KH3D and the future games. It also explains a couple of facts that had previously been explained in the Ultimania interviews but not the actual games (most normal gamers wouldn't have read those). Like what happens when a heartless and nobody are defeated. Hopefully KH3D will have an epic story AND great gameplay.

Arithmatics

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
granville said:
Yeah, the storyline of Coded or Re:Coded is pretty much throw away. It's basically what Mickey wrote in that letter than he sent to Sora in KH2. But most of the plot is just data Sora re-visiting the same KH1 worlds and debugging stuff. It has a lot of useless filler.

Despite that though, it's a fun game to play and has some excellent refinements that give it some of the most polished gameplay mechanics yet seen in the series. It enhances the deck command system from BBS and melds it with other elements from 358/2 Days. It also brings back platforming in full force as well. Platforming had been neglected severely since the first game. Which is ridiculous because the first game had some severe camera and control issues that made platforming rather excruciating. Yet by KH2, they completely fixed those issues, but all the worlds are flat and have almost no platforming. Well ReCoded brings it back, and it actually works extremely well. ReCoded is actually very fun to play in terms of gameplay. The story was neglected this time, but the series has rarely seen such decent gameplay.

The ending IS awesome though, the new secret ending of ReCoded that is. It sets up the events of KH3D and the future games. It also explains a couple of facts that had previously been explained in the Ultimania interviews but not the actual games (most normal gamers wouldn't have read those). Like what happens when a heartless and nobody are defeated. Hopefully KH3D will have an epic story AND great gameplay.

I have high hopes on the next main game in the series.

I'll probably just play through RE:Coded to know those facts that have been explained but not answered.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: oof