OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sanderino said:
How to manually hex edit KH rom:

1: Google and download a program called XVI32. This is the hex editor I used.

2: Open your KH rom.

3: At the top click address, then click goto, then click hexidecimal.

4: Type 010E5DC into the box and click ok.

5: The first block should be highlighted and have 0C in it.

6: At the top click edit, click overwrite string, click hex string, in the bottom box type 37 and click ok.

7: Where it said 0C in the first box it should now say 37.

8: Click file, then click save.

9: Put the file you just saved on your flash cart and enjoy
smile.gif

* Fix not by me.

I'm using an R4, with a ROM hex-edited according to those instructions. The game's worked fine for me so far, until I reached Day 357. For some reason, the game seems to freeze a few seconds after the fight begins. The music continues to play normally, but everything else is frozen. Has anyone else had trouble with this? Is there another viable fix (maybe an AR code?) that I could try?

GeminiSX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
outgum said:
What Firmware is on your R4? Is it an R4 clone or anything, whats your R4 look like?

I think it's using Moonshell firmware. I'm almost 100% sure it's a legit R4, it's worked fine for everything else up to now (have had it for at least a couple years now). It looks like a typical DS cart, black, with a silver/black/gray label. "R4" "Revolution for DS" "(NDSL/NDS)" is written on silver letters, and there's some silverish dots forming a wave-like pattern on the right side.

2 GB Micro-SD Card.

EDIT: When I checked, there's a folder called "moonshl" on my MSD card. I'm guessing that's the firmware. If there's more than one version, I don't know where to check...

GeminiSX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jakob95 said:
What firmware?

Moonshl, not sure what version.

Does anyone have recommendations as to what firmware I should be using? Like I mentioned before, I got the R4 a long time ago and just went with whatever firmware I first found.

QUOTE(outgum @ Oct 1 2009, 02:19 AM) Sounds like a DSTT Clone though... Probably Kernel 1.18 is your firmware, i have the same one but its R4 Upgrade Revolution. Whats the website on the card?

There's no website listed on the card. Let me see if I can find the box it came in.

EDIT: The box it came in is black with "R4" in dark-green letters. Below it says "R4, Revolution for DS, (NDSL / NDS)", same as the actual card. Underneath that, it says "http://www.r4ds.com" and "MicroSD USB 2.0"

outgum

Pokemanz Master
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
make sure you back up your firmware then delete the firmware off the card, i dont wanna be help responsible for corrupting your card or anything DX
The site on my card is www.r4i-sdhc.com

Go there, and On the menu bar click downloads and download the first thing on that list
Should be called.... R4i English 1.11b, Download from the USA link, and extract and put those files on your card.

I know it says R4i, But im not using a R4i, But it still works.
Give it a try and let me know what happens

INSURE YOU BACK UP YOUR OLD FIRMWARE

GeminiSX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
outgum said:
What card are you using?
It sounds like an R4 Problem cause like, ive NEVER heard of it before on any other card

K well I tried installing the new firmware but it says "Couldn't find _DS_MENU.DAT." What am I supposed to do about this?

outgum

Pokemanz Master
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Umm O_O
Did you make sure you removed all the old Stuff off, That includes stuff like the R4.dat folder and stuff, ALL old firmware needs to go bye bye and the new ones need to go in

GeminiSX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
outgum said:
Umm O_O
Did you make sure you removed all the old Stuff off, That includes stuff like the R4.dat folder and stuff, ALL old firmware needs to go bye bye and the new ones need to go in

Yes. I literally opened the folder, backed up everything important, then deleted EVERYTHING. Then I replaced it with the contents of the new firmware which includes:

moonmemo (folder)
moonshl2 (folder)
R4iMenu (folder)
R4.dat (DAT file)

Then I added one folder called "Games" with the ROM and .sav file. I'm going to try again after I remove that but I don't think it'll help.

EDIT: Okay, I removed the other folder(s) I added, and it still does not work. It still tries to find "_DS_MENU.dat" unsuccessfully. Could it be a problem with my R4 perhaps? Or maybe the firmware I downloaded is missing the menu?

QUOTE(DsHacker14 @ Oct 1 2009, 03:50 AM) i tried the fix you posted in the first post and it doesnt work for my AK2i.. still freezes after i get to "day 7"

That's strange, I gave the patched ROM to my little brother, he's gotten to day 350 or so just fine. He hasn't quite made it to 357 yet so he can't tell me if the problem is with the ROM though.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
...before you do all that weird stuff, reload and repatch and reput the game back to your card... if the musics still playing, it might just be a unsuccessful transfer to your card, happend to me on several cutscenes but worked fine after I got a new rom

this kind of thing sometimes happen with big roms like this, chance for a broken bit to be transfered is comparably high

outgum

Pokemanz Master
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
hmmm, this si quite strange, Am i able to get a picture of your R4 Card?

EDIT: Clydefrosch makes a good point, Try get a new rom, and put on your old firmware and see what happens

GeminiSX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Clydefrosch said:
...before you do all that weird stuff, reload and repatch and reput the game back to your card... if the musics still playing, it might just be a unsuccessful transfer to your card, happend to me on several cutscenes but worked fine after I got a new rom

this kind of thing sometimes happen with big roms like this, chance for a broken bit to be transfered is comparably high

Okay, I'll try restoring my original firmware and try this.

An update on what I tried to do... well, since the stupid card was demanding a menu file, I went to the backup and retrieved the menu (and ONLY the menu). Then I tried it, and the card worked... it now looks exactly the same way it did before. I tried to browse for games, and it finds the firmware folders I just added... I'm pretty sure that's not supposed to happen.

Is there anything on the actual R4 cart? Or perhaps there's something on the MSD card that I can't see? I'm thoroughly confused at the moment.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: its the emote but ridiculously small