• Views 6,988
  • Replies 90
  • Likes 14

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
i don't really give bunk about voice chats, i remember once on the ps3 it was ,iirc. it was some CoD game (i really hate real life like fps games so this was really the only and last CoD game i played, but i love the sci fi ones with laser guns e.g Halo)

anyway there was voice chat on and some ugly ass children were screaming and insulting/ cursing it was frikkin awful.

and i often see people even in SSB writing offending stuff using the username for the controller field thing.

way too much bashing on this console that has not even been released , it will all depend on what games will come on the console and that's really it.

SuicideMoon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't understand the OP's point. Voice chat has never been a thing on Wii U or on Wii...
d7550a84e3d2b18395d1bc6b645ba75f.jpg

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you browser threw the gs items for preorder, there is an adapter with builtin headset to connect your smart phone to the bottom (usb port c) of the switch. The catch is the adapter only works with smartphone's featuring a usb-c port. Beyond holding a phone into place so you do not need to hold both devices at the same time with your hands, I have no clue what the adapter actually does.

Miles54321

Trophies
Website
derbergerac.com
XP
Country
comparing to his competitor, it's 2017, Nintendo is still not able to implement a simple ingame VOICE chat LMFAO

nintendo is a JOKE! and it even have u pay for online lmfao

That is so bad, so basically I need:

A) A phone that can run apps
B) The Nintendo App to talk online
C) I need to pay for online

So whats the point of having the headset?

Really Nintendo, this is 2017, this will hurt them a bit, it is not a sensible idea

Reactions: Xiphiidae

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i see a lot of people disappointed by that news
but hey, honnestly, in 2017, you dont deserve a switch if you dont already own a smartphone
If you dont have one, then dont buy a switch, buy a smartphone first, thats your priority
come on people

Tigran

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is so bad, so basically I need:

So whats the point of having the headset?

So your one of the idiots who uses the Kinect or sony mic and keeps music blasting in the background or people screaming and stuff.

Yeah.. your an idiot.. Or at least didn't think your post through. I'm siding on idiot though.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
....that's...not a response.
Not missing the point. People on here and other communities keep on bringing up "THERES ALWAYS KIDS SCREAMING ON THE MIC!! ONLINE VOICE CHAT SUCKZ!!!" in my experience this is more of a myth than a reality.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

i see a lot of people disappointed by that news
but hey, honnestly, in 2017, you dont deserve a switch if you dont already own a smartphone
If you dont have one, then dont buy a switch, buy a smartphone first, thats your priority
come on people
I own four smartphones (3x Androids, 1x iPhone). It doesn't mean I should be required to use a smartphone to use a simple feature the Switch could offer.

Nintendo's just being backwards.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Not missing the point. People on here and other communities keep on bringing up "THERES ALWAYS KIDS SCREAMING ON THE MIC!! ONLINE VOICE CHAT SUCKZ!!!" in my experience this is more of a myth than a reality.
I think you just captured lightning in a bottle by avoiding all of that. Nearly everybody I knew had an Xbox 360 for that generation, and they all had pretty much the same experience I did with XBL voice chat. Lots of kids, lots of shit talk, sometimes both together, and annoying a-holes who leave their music on the mic.

Might not be that way with XB1, I have no idea. Worth noting however that PS4 is the better seller this generation, so a lot of the worst offenders might've moved there.

AyanamiRei0

GBATemp's Resident Evangelion fanboy.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I cannot wait to hear all the kids screaming into there phones at a game a phone is one of the worst things to use as a mic as it WILL pick up everything around you so if people are in the same room as you prepare to hear the slightest sound to the loudest sound within a second of each other.

Last edited by AyanamiRei0,
Reactions: Subtle Demise

OneUp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'd like to be able to have a mix of game audio with chat audio. A smartphone app seems counter-intuitive to this as the audio would have to be streamed from the Switch at which point you might as well be using a headset (wired or wireless) on the Switch. Using various voice chat programs on PC with PC games is fine because you can have both game and chat audio. Sony and Microsoft do a good job of allowing you to mix game and chat audio on their current consoles. If game audio is routed through a smartphone app, it could also incur latency... On the other hand if the smartphone only acts as a party manager that would be pretty neat as the other examples I mentioned always feel like you have to go to an out of the way menu to chat with people.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
i can see it now timmy is playing and talking on his phone with his friends the next minute his mum yells out" TIMMY i told you not to drink before going to bed i'm tired of changing your pissy sheets every damned day!"
after a roar of laughter from his friends on his phone the next day timmy is now an OUTCAST :rofl2:

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I cannot wait to hear all the kids screaming into there phones at a game a phone is one of the worst things to use as a mic as it WILL pick up everything around you so if people are in the same room as you prepare to hear the slightest sound to the loudest sound within a second of each other.
3.5mm headsets exist. Also, that's the positive thing about this system: you have to want to chat with somebody before you hear their voice. No random kids. Saves a lot of time on muting idiots.

Last edited by Xzi,

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I own four smartphones (3x Androids, 1x iPhone). It doesn't mean I should be required to use a smartphone to use a simple feature the Switch could offer.

Nintendo's just being backwards.
could it maybe possibly be people have different experiences than you? or the games or times or other variables would mitigate the annoying kid factor? though you're probably right, you seem pretty sure that your experience is the superior reality and everyone else who's had those experiences must be mad with delusions.

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys we are forgetting about the "bulky gamer headsets" that would be required if it was all on the console, right? That's what Reggie said.

Reactions: osaka35

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It must be the 1st already
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    1st of what?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    may?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh yeah it's in September
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, yea i think its different
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
    TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands: I appreciate the insight!