Killzone 2 demo!

Discussion in 'Sony PlayStation 1 & 2' started by p1ngpong, Feb 5, 2009.

Feb 5, 2009

Killzone 2 demo! by p1ngpong at 8:28 PM (1,169 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. p1ngpong
    OP

Supervisor p1ngpong Legit Boss Harold

Croatia
    So I just grabbed the demo off PSN now, and man its very impressive. The graphics on this firstly, are great, really great. Its the first time Ive put on a PS3 game and gone "wow", I was really unimpressed with the likes of MGS 4, GT prologue, Uncharted and Wipeout HD, but this really is something else. Gameplay wise its very well executed, the cover system is probably one of the best Ive used on a FPS, and the enemies seem to have really great AI. This isn't a GOW 2, I found the difficulty challenging even on medium.

A couple of negative points though, you seem to be only able to carry one selectable weapon, and a handgun at a time, which is a bit weak. Also I hope the controls get a bit more tweaked, at times I found it hard to aim. And sometimes when you turn there is a noticeable choppiness in the framerate. This demo is really short too(about ten minutes), with no online multiplayer, which is a shame.

Overall though I was impressed, Im glad I already pre-ordered this now! Go onto PSN now and post you thoughts of the game here, its a 1207mb download!

[​IMG]

2. Cablephish

Member Cablephish Show me...

Canada
    What's wrong with MGS 4? They brought a whole new meaning to cinematic gaming.

Being able to hold only one gun makes sense. It makes it more realistic as a situation. Unless you want to play as gun caddy, and just hold all the guns while other people take them and shoot. [​IMG]

And only Duke Nuke'em's able to hold more than one gun! [​IMG]

3. p1ngpong
    OP

Supervisor p1ngpong Legit Boss Harold

Croatia
    Well I should rephrase that to carrying just one type of gun and a revolver. In the demo you cant drop the revolver and replace it with something else, I really dont like that.

As for metal gear, the graphics on it arent that spectacular, and cut scenes tedious and intrusive. Metal Gear has really awkward and badly conceived controls too.

4. Cablephish

Member Cablephish Show me...

Canada
    Ok, that makes more sense, lol.

I thought I heard that MGS4 had great graphics. I guess I was lied too... Too bad I can't confirm it since I don't have a PS3... [​IMG]
    Do you play on 1080p?

5. Jarjaxle

Newcomer Jarjaxle Advanced Member

Canada
    metal gear solid 4 has very good graphics. but the story OMFG i was bored out of my mind i got the story but it just got in the way and wasnt entertaining

but i didnt know the demo was coming out today fuck and i cant play it till tommorow night nooooooo.....

i did like the first killzone just didnt think it was the greatest thing ever just like halo 3

6. blueskies

Member blueskies GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I played through it once, convinced me to buy the game when it comes out, no doubt. I want to finish R2 first though.
    The gameplay just seemed more.. refined, or advanced or something. More tactical, had to hide and peek around cover. The graphics, needless to say, are beautiful. Probably the best I've seen this round. [​IMG]

7. VVoltz

Member VVoltz The Pirate Lord

Bolivia
    Thanks for the heads up. Will download it tomorrow.

8. DarkRey

Member DarkRey still transfoooorming.... with sum lags!

Croatia
    man some awesome game, love the graphics and every details of it
    already played 5 times now,
    there is only one difficulty level enabled and the demo is too short took me less than 10 mins to finish [​IMG]
    for some reasons the game makes me feel really heavy [​IMG]

p1ngpong: go to the controller settings and change the aim sensibility that will make the aim much accurate

9. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    gfx and explosions looks amazing
    the AI was very smart too