Kids Don't Want Toys For Christmas, They Want iPhones, iPads &

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeMoN said:
Heh, it must suck to be a non-electronic toymaker nowadays.
I remember my presents were all LEGO sets, action figures (that weren't based on video game characters), and sports equipment. It'd be interesting to see how this generation of kids turn out in adulthood.
Year 20XX

"Dad, can I get the new Nintendo Virtual Boii?"
"How much is it?"
"Only $499.99"

fuuuuuu.jpg

chyyran

somehow a weeb now.
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada
Hikaru said:
DeMoN said:
Heh, it must suck to be a non-electronic toymaker nowadays.
I remember my presents were all LEGO sets, action figures (that weren't based on video game characters), and sports equipment. It'd be interesting to see how this generation of kids turn out in adulthood.
Year 20XX

"Dad, can I get the new Nintendo Virtual Boii?"
"How much is it?"
"Only $499.99"

fuuuuuu.jpg

Kid :
grog.gif

raybattousai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeMoN said:
I remember my presents were all LEGO sets

Your parents loved you, LEGOs are the single greatest gift anyone can give!

As for the survey itself I'm sure its rather biased, they don't mention what type of neighbor hood they did the survey in, what type of ethnicity the children where, what age they surveyed the most, or anything specific like that. Not to mention that 2,138 kids is not a lot and hardly reflects the mass desires of children across what ever country this was done.

BloodyFlame

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't believe I used to be like them, a spoiled brat. Now, I usually get all my things for free. Last time I bought something was a DSL. My aunt(dad's side) got me a DSi, my other aunt(mom's side) bought me an iTouch 4 AND a Wii Console.

Anyway, yeah, younger kids are very spoiled nowadays, with all them Apple gadgets in the world. The iPhone used to appeal to me, but not as much anymore. The iPhone is an adult phone, IMO. Sure they have the same support as an iPod Touch, but with phone support, battery life is a bitch. Also, when the iPhone 5 comes out, they would throw a tantrum or something because they "need" it. Lastly, I don't see why other kids seem to appeal to Sony. All they have are violent games that appeal mostly to 8-14 year olds. Ninty is where it's at, with all their family friendly games that apparently appeal mostly to older people.

(By the way, I'm 12.)

EDIT: Why does the breakup of the survey add up to only 68%?

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
BloodyFlame said:
I can't believe I used to be like them, a spoiled brat. Now, I usually get all my things for free. Last time I bought something was a DSL. My aunt(dad's side) got me a DSi, my other aunt(mom's side) bought me an iTouch 4 AND a Wii Console.
don't mean to be a dick but the two sides of this quote are quite opposing...

Guild McCommunist said:
I'm pretty sure these are all toys
i agree with this commie

QUOTE(BloodyFlame @ Oct 26 2010, 08:41 AM)
they only listed the top 10 items, not all items

BloodyFlame

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mercluke said:
BloodyFlame said:
don't mean to be a dick but the two sides of this quote are quite opposing...

True, but I don't ask for them. They bought them very randomly.

Aeladya

*mistressOFtheCLOW
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry my kids wouldn't get an iPhone until they are old enough to get a job and buy it themselves, along with the phone and data plan. If they want an expensive toy they can save up for it like I had to. For Christmas, if I wanted a game machine, I was expected to pay for half of it myself. Now if it's a game machine they probably won't have to worry, I'll probably have it myself hehehe.

EpicJungle

stop browbeating me can't you see i'm sexy
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
iPads and iPhones are a waste to kids...
They always end up destroying it...

*STARTS TO REMEMBER 6 MEMORIES*

cry.gif

purechaos996

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah man I'm 17 now and I still play with lego's....granted now I'm playing with my 2 younger cousins and im usually constructing things that could be applied to everyday life but still I'm playing with legos.

Plus I still have my Huge lego Yoda and my Wright Brothers Plane in my room on my dresser. I even Made a camera dolly for my camcorder to go across my lego train tracks lol.

Bulit

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
BloodyFlame said:

Anyway, yeah, younger kids are very spoiled nowadays, with all them Apple gadgets in the world. The iPhone used to appeal to me, but not as much anymore. The iPhone is an adult phone, IMO. Sure they have the same support as an iPod Touch, but with phone support, battery life is a bitch. Also, when the iPhone 5 comes out, they would throw a tantrum or something because they "need" it. Lastly, I don't see why other kids seem to appeal to Sony. All they have are violent games that appeal mostly to 8-14 year olds. Ninty is where it's at, with all their family friendly games that apparently appeal mostly to older people.

(By the way, I'm 12.)

That still seems spoiled to me.

smash_brew

I may or may not have fallen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I didn't get a phone till i was 21. i'm amazed how many kids have them now a days. I wish i could still get toys for xmas. looks like this year i'll probably just get baby stuff for the little one i've got on the way. oh to be young again.

BloodyFlame

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bulit said:
BloodyFlame said:

(By the way, I'm 12.)

That still seems spoiled to me.

If you read my reply to mercluke, I said that I don't ask for them, they bought it for me randomly.

Presto99

You slammin, bro?
Trophies
Website
https
XP
Country
United States
maybe you're not spoiled then, just super lucky.
EDIT: monkat's right. and me too! you're lucky and spoiled. they can be sorta the same. so you're not a brat about wanting things maybe, but you are spoiled nonetheless.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Looks like Link's Awakening was metaphorical.