• Total voters

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Guild McCommunist

Why are dissing uprising? From videos and impressions from people who play the demos, it actually look the opposite of what you trying to say.

Deeper games? A game doesn't have to be long to be deep as games doesn't have to be deep to be long.

Deep as in amount of content, a bad game can have a lot. Deep as in story same thing.

Plus I think length and fun in most Nintendo games are pretty decent.

Oh any game can be made longer if you do not try to rush thought it. :/

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DiscostewSM said:
Hmm, 5+ hours vs 100+ hours. It's like a comparison of getting to the point vs letting it drag on.

Except when I play a game I plug 100+ hours into I don't feel bored by it. Most of my friends put 100+ hours into Fallout 3 and enjoyed every minute of it. Plus there was so much to explore, stats to build, stuff like that. Games that I'm willing to put so many hours into don't feel like an obligation to me as a gamer to put that many hours into, I just put that many hours into it because it's fun.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
DiscostewSM said:
Hmm, 5+ hours vs 100+ hours. It's like a comparison of getting to the point vs letting it drag on.

Except when I play a game I plug 100+ hours into I don't feel bored by it. Most of my friends put 100+ hours into Fallout 3 and enjoyed every minute of it. Plus there was so much to explore, stats to build, stuff like that. Games that I'm willing to put so many hours into don't feel like an obligation to me as a gamer to put that many hours into, I just put that many hours into it because it's fun.
Well that's assuming it's not fun. I've replayed the Phoenix Wright trilogy more than a couple times and they have almost zero replay value, I just play them because I love 'em. Kid Icarus, however, does have replay value and we don't know how fun it is yet (or I don't). Basically, it doesn't matter how long a game is as long as you have fun playing it.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
DiscostewSM said:

How is the stuff you explore for not classify as useless goodies?

Going back for those is like going back for the stars in Mario. :/

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KingVamp said:
Guild McCommunist said:
DiscostewSM said:

Because when you explore in say Fallout 3 you get new quests, new items (that are used in-game), and it expands your understanding of the environment. Not just "You got a star! Good for you!"

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
KingVamp said:
Guild McCommunist said:
DiscostewSM said:

Because when you explore in say Fallout 3 you get new quests, new items (that are used in-game), and it expands your understanding of the environment. Not just "You got a star! Good for you!"
laugh.gif

No you can not used the star for anything, but the star is a symbol of you actually beating the whole game.

1/2 the stars mean only 1/2 the game was beating!

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KingVamp said:
laugh.gif

No you can not used the star for anything, but the star is a symbol of you actually beating the whole game.

Well so is getting all the quests done in Fallout 3 or having maxed level characters on Borderlands or something like that.

dsfanatic5

Team ICO Freak
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The poll is hard for me to answer, due to the lack of choices, and clarification on whether its success is measured in sales figures, or the quality of gameplay.

I hope it's a success, not only because I want a solid game for my future 3DS, but because Nintendo is banking heavily on Kid Icarus being a key title. So far I think it looks good, and the flying sequences look like a fun time. The on-foot gameplay doesn't look groundbreaking, since it's basically your typical lock-on and attack formula, but with the Kid Icarus world and the gameplay balance, it could be very fun.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
KingVamp said:
laugh.gif

Well so is getting all the quests done in Fallout 3 or having maxed level characters on Borderlands or something like that.
Exactly that stuff is your stars!

If the stars in Mario is classify as useless goodies then that stuff in Fallout 3 are useless goodies as well.

For most games you do not have to beat every quests(idk about Fallout 3 never play it) or maxed level characters to beat the main part of the game.

As I do not have to get all the stars in Mario to beat the main part of the game.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KingVamp said:
Guild McCommunist said:
KingVamp said:
laugh.gif

If the stars in Mario is classify as useless goodies then that stuff in Fallout 3 are useless goodies as well.

For most games you do not have to beat every quests(idk about Fallout 3 never play it) or maxed level characters to beat the main part of the game.

As I do not have to get all the stars in Mario to beat the main part of the game.

Well when you complete stuff in Fallout 3 you get new stuff to play with. New guns, new armor, and the world might even change up a bit. It's not just "You completed this quest, good for you!" It's instead "You completed this quest! Here's something new to add to your game!"

Now I know Fallout 3 and Mario games are completely different but I'm just saying there's a difference between getting goodies just to say you got goodies and getting goodies that actually change up the game.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
KingVamp said:
Guild McCommunist said:
KingVamp said:
laugh.gif

Well when you complete stuff in Fallout 3 you get new stuff to play with. New guns, new armor, and the world might even change up a bit. It's not just "You completed this quest, good for you!" It's instead "You completed this quest! Here's something new to add to your game!"

Now I know Fallout 3 and Mario games are completely different but I'm just saying there's a difference between getting goodies just to say you got goodies and getting goodies that actually change up the game.
Can't we just take both Fallout 3 and Mario?

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KingVamp said:
machomuu said:
Can't we just take both Fallout 3 and Mario?
Wasn't really about those games. More about how long a game can/will be play and how extra/goodies from the main game play can effected it.
Yeah, I know we aren't talking about them but the discussion sort of drifted towards them.

pachura

Trophies
XP
Country
Graphics - great, seem to be properly making use of 3DS' hardware. There are big open spaces, the main character is quite detailed, and so on.
Controls - do you really need to use stylus ? It sucks for me if that's the case.
3D - I've read some people were having problems focusing and/or switching focus between the main character and the playfield. I guess it differs from person to person.
Playability - no idea, it seems quite limiting that in the sky sequences it's just a shoot'em-up and in the ground sequences you are just fighting a boss in one fixed location. But maybe it will work ?

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
I voted "epic fail", though having "epic" in there is [censored]ry at its best.

It looks bad. not visually, it just looks very different, and the way you play seems like it will kill me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Yea is pretty good